1 2 3 4 5
759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
8/17/17 10:10 p.m.

Wazzzup?

MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
8/18/17 1:36 p.m.

The neighbors adopted a newborn baby and they called the cops for me making noise with grinders at noon on a Saturday so I boxed everything up and put it in storage until I can find another place to work on it. Looking for a shop that has an empty bay or a big parking lot I can put a storage container in.

I had stripped the frame a while back and finished welded a bunch of it, Just a couple more little things to add then its time to pull the truck apart and get the cab on the frame and figure out all the interior things.

I copied a roll cage that someone I know bought a while back, That is probably where I will start once I strip the interior out.

I will try and get some pictures this weekend.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau HalfDork
8/18/17 1:44 p.m.
MulletTruck wrote: called the cops for me making noise with grinders at noon on a Saturday

If you can't make noise in the middle of the day on a weekend, when the hell can you??

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/18/17 3:28 p.m.

Remind me to never live wherever it is that you live.

MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
8/18/17 3:28 p.m.

With the social climate the way it is now unless you are in the middle of nowhere you will always offend someone. This neighborhood is full of people with money and that beats out anything. I could push the issue but it would bring a crap storm I don't need.

maschinenbau wrote:
MulletTruck wrote: called the cops for me making noise with grinders at noon on a Saturday
If you can't make noise in the middle of the day on a weekend, when the hell can you??
MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
8/18/17 3:29 p.m.

I dont want to live where I do, I would never recommend it. As soon as my friend passes I'm noting but taillights to Montana.

Chadeux wrote: Remind me to never live wherever it is that you live.
759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
8/18/17 6:03 p.m.

E36M3,!!!! life has definitely punched a grumpy in your driveway. Is leaving soCal an option all things considered?

MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
8/18/17 6:31 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG:

Montana is calling.

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
8/18/17 6:38 p.m.

Bro will this curtail all your philanthropic animule exercizese???

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
8/18/17 7:25 p.m.

In reply to MulletTruck:

Going to become a dental floss tycoon?

MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
8/21/17 1:25 p.m.

If anything I will have to depend on my Farm/Ranch background to make ends meet. I figure its a way not to have to deal with people.

759NRNG wrote: Bro will this curtail all your philanthropic animule exercizese???
759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
8/21/17 2:23 p.m.

Yeah, critters also have a tendency to mellow things out......as long as you're not messing with oh... large cats, wolves, bears, and the occasional badger/wolverine.... Don't stay away too long.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/21/17 4:54 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett:

Don't forget your tweezers.

MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
8/21/17 5:47 p.m.

Nah, That stuff doesn't bother me. I have been around exotics all my life.

759NRNG wrote: Yeah, critters also have a tendency to mellow things out......as long as you're not messing with oh... large cats, wolves, bears, and the occasional badger/wolverine.... Don't stay away too long.
einy
einy HalfDork
8/22/17 5:57 a.m.

I'm just wondering that the **** the police could even say about making too much noise at noon on a Saturday ??? 9 PM, I would sort of understand. But noon, on Saturday? Wow. Just wow.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
8/22/17 7:16 a.m.

In reply to MulletTruck:

Those are amazing pics! So cool...

MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
8/22/17 1:22 p.m.

Money trumps the law. The same reason they have outlawed leafblowers then turn a blind eye when all the gardners raised their rates because it takes longer to do a yard. But when a new guy comes in to get a few places they bust him for using the blower and not paying off the cops with free lawn service and the such.

Just sucks that a couple years ago I had to give up my place with a garage to help my friend with medical bills thinking it was going to clear up soon, I was a little bit off.

einy wrote: I'm just wondering that the **** the police could even say about making too much noise at noon on a Saturday ??? 9 PM, I would sort of understand. But noon, on Saturday? Wow. Just wow.
759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
8/22/17 6:33 p.m.

MT that snake from the iced bath tub has other designs me thinks....what species is it?

MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
8/23/17 11:45 a.m.

lol, Thats a warm bath. I had to wash them off after using them on a Coors commercial. They are Western Diamondback Rattlesnakes

759NRNG wrote: MT that snake from the iced bath tub has other designs me thinks....what species is it?
Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
8/23/17 1:24 p.m.

In reply to MulletTruck:

So how does one bathe a rattlesnake without it attempting to kill you? Make sure it's well-fed first???

MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
8/23/17 2:06 p.m.

Food has no effect on reptiles. Have to figure in the wild they will only eat about once a month.

These were made "Safe" for handling. In the commercial they were in they had to be within 2 feet of Howie Long and an actress. I brought them back to the hotel and washed the beer off of them before returning them to their cranky selves. I always try to keep a couple around that were handled a lot, they do tame down a little and lose their edge but its good for getting movement and not just sit there and shake their tail.

The one Im holding in the picture is alawys good for 50% of her littler to be Albino

The Business end.

Here is a small group of pictures.

https://postimg.org/gallery/2kq5geqto/

Pete Gossett wrote: In reply to MulletTruck: So how does one bathe a rattlesnake without it attempting to kill you? Make sure it's well-fed first???
barefootskater
barefootskater New Reader
8/23/17 3:35 p.m.

My uncle always had what I thought were cool animals (a few dogs, snakes, lizards, a goose, and a few years ago even a mountain lion) and I always thought he was pretty rad.

I daily a little Chevy S10 and my dad is forever trying to get me to "do it like that one on roadkill with the engine in the back."

Needless to say this thread feels like home. I'll be watching right along

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
8/23/17 8:11 p.m.

Dude....and here I am trying to chase a rat snake out of my tractor(45mins+) that was trying to bushwack some wrens building a nest between the radiator and battery. A hand held western diamondback Rattler trumps any copper head I've glove grabbed in my little world. awesome snake by the way....what's it's stage name?

MulletTruck
MulletTruck Reader
8/24/17 12:25 p.m.

I dont name anything that wont come to me when I call it! Besides, when you have over a 100 of one thing it would get a little crazy trying to come up with names for all of them.

759NRNG wrote: .what's it's stage name?
759NRNG
759NRNG Dork
10/24/17 8:51 a.m.

Have you run into John Phillips (C&D) up there in Montana yet?

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k7Q2kMdQC3rklBWQizckKjc3kiiPamz56YIb1lYKMNeO3pay1ij42TorTdk0LC75