1 2
GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
8/1/18 7:10 a.m.

the buick GN T Q Won't be any thing special, sad for you but I just got rid of a REAL complete G N 200 r4.  TO BE SURE THAT IS A QUICK STEER BOX, there will be a W painted on the back. F body T/A sway bars can be made to fit front and rear

Brian
Brian UltraDork
8/1/18 10:18 a.m.

the Iroc came stock with the quick ratio box, so hopefully this one still has it in there.
Wish you had told me earlier about the trans, i need to get hardparts for the one I have and it's only a "AA" code trans.
The GN converter is a bit higher stall.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
8/1/18 3:30 p.m.

I have A list that of what I put in mine 10 YEARS PAST about 325 in parts but the super servo was a hundred and change and you want the hardened Sun Shell too  and shift kit . easy enuff to do the valve body but you must pay attention and devote a day  without stopping to it when learning. lots of spring colors are hard to determine. not all IROC or trans am's had quick steering it was an option. get a new Torque converter. IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF EXACTLY WHAT A TORQUE CONVERTER DOES PLEASE READ . ON A STREET CAR 1800 rpm stall is a lot.

malibuguy
malibuguy Reader
8/1/18 8:07 p.m.

the  GN converter will get you a few hundred rpm...I got about 2100 out of one behind a 267, another 100 or so after turbo

Brian
Brian UltraDork
8/1/18 10:17 p.m.
GTXVette said:

I have A list that of what I put in mine 10 YEARS PAST about 325 in parts but the super servo was a hundred and change and you want the hardened Sun Shell too  and shift kit . easy enuff to do the valve body but you must pay attention and devote a day  without stopping to it when learning. lots of spring colors are hard to determine. not all IROC or trans am's had quick steering it was an option. get a new Torque converter. IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF EXACTLY WHAT A TORQUE CONVERTER DOES PLEASE READ . ON A STREET CAR 1800 rpm stall is a lot.

I'm aware of what a torque converter does, I did sell them once upon a time.  Had a nice little chart taped to my desk to help people choose the correct stall for their application.
According to everything I can find, The Iroc got the FE2 suspension as a base and that had the quicker box in it.  Only FE1 cars got the slower box and those were RS models. POSSIBLY Irocs with a TBI

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
8/1/18 11:10 p.m.

Yay, G body!

I'm in the process of putting a vortec-headed small block and a 200-4r into my Regal Wagon.  I also have a '78 2 door Malibu project.  Looking forward to seeing yours come together. 

Brian
Brian UltraDork
8/13/18 6:27 p.m.

finally tore into the Iroc.  Rear end was shot.  part of the differential was missing, it wasn't posi, gear had a groove in it, one of the pin bolts was half missing.
Took off the gearbox, can't see any markings on it, it's covered in grease.

Hopefully I have better luck with the blazer when I tear it down.

I also am on the hunt for american racing VN501 wheels in satin black 17x7 (or 8), with a 5x4.75 bolt pattern.  They are discontinued and the ebay seller claims he sold his last set on friday.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
8/13/18 8:25 p.m.

Summit's website says they have them in stock but you should call to make sure:  https://www.summitracing.com/search/product-line/american-racing-vn501-satin-black-wheels

Brian
Brian UltraDork
8/13/18 8:32 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

Summit's website says they have them in stock but you should call to make sure:  https://www.summitracing.com/search/product-line/american-racing-vn501-satin-black-wheels

Just looked on their site.  No 17x7 or 17x8 with the 5x4.75 pattern.  Only the 5x4.5 :(

Brian
Brian UltraDork
8/14/18 9:25 p.m.

Anyone know if a late  (00) s10 blazer column will fit correctly into the malibu?

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
8/15/18 7:30 a.m.

Brian , I Built my own , you want the super servo and hardend sun shell also. Take your TIME lots of stuff in the shift kit looks alike, mine was full manual and i drove it like a 4 speed. behind a buick 455

700r4's are for trucks.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
8/15/18 8:51 p.m.
Brian said:

Anyone know if a late  (00) s10 blazer column will fit correctly into the malibu?

I honestly would figure I'd have heard about that swap by now if it worked...but I'm kind of hoping it does.  

Brian
Brian UltraDork
1/7/19 7:03 p.m.

well, I ended up selling it without doing much.  Apparently I missed some rust issues when I bought it so Iost money selling it.  I have most of the parts I collected for it for sale.  It left me christmas eve.  

I've now got a stack of parts for sale.  

malibuguy
malibuguy Reader
1/8/19 5:21 p.m.

Noooo

Brian
Brian UltraDork
1/8/19 5:29 p.m.
malibuguy said:

Noooo

I'm looking for a 2 door t-top now.  

Life changes, I'm basically single so I don't need 4 doors anymore.

malibuguy
malibuguy Reader
1/10/19 5:40 p.m.
Brian said:
malibuguy said:

Noooo

That never stopped me ;)

Prepare to pay much more and for potentially more rust, and flex.

Brian
Brian UltraDork
1/10/19 5:44 p.m.
malibuguy said:
Brian said:
malibuguy said:

Noooo

That never stopped me ;)

Prepare to pay much more and for potentially more rust, and flex.

prices don't seem to be that much more.  I found one about 4 hrs from me, but the guy hasn't dropped his price far enough for me to transport it back yet.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
a2yeTfXtgCJJW3ty8f1HWOnGbza1a1jin4QSr15JNpjoXNM2t3vugiHYUwhRfbFm