1 2
srnfoto
srnfoto New Reader
7/2/16 10:41 a.m.

Just posted a video on the next page.

Brought the car back from the dead. It was in my buddies back yard, and it pretty much was about to go to the scrap yard. With the cars history (two friends tracked it before me) I didn't have the heart to see it go.

I drug the thing back to my house, and decided to give it new life.

As with any "free shell" and me being from Michigan there was rust to be had. Doesn't bother me that much as it is a track car. But underneath everything has been fixed, braced, bushings done, all new everything pretty much

Motor: USDM B18C5 Rebuilt with oem parts and arp hardware. JDM itr header Baffled oil pan

Tranmission: JDM ITR trans ATS gear set with 4.9 final drive Stock LSD

Interior: Custom cage Bride Bucket Sparco wheel

Suspension: 12kF 10kR coilovers Suspension Technique Rear sway Urethane bushings throughout

Brakes: Integra front and rear brakes Hawk Blue pads Steel braided lines ITR master cylinder

Wheels/Tires: Ambit 15x8 wheels Pirelli Trofeo R 205/50/15

Couldn't have done this without the help of my friends/family. They helped me out with everything.

It might not look like much, but it's mine, and I love it. No plans of redoing the exterior. It will be my track rat!

DSC_0559 DSC01276

DSC01587

DSC00019

DSC01631 3 (1 of 1)

DSC00016 CHIRP beforeafter

Gab
Gab New Reader
7/5/16 9:10 p.m.

I commend you for the rescue, I have a soft spot for EF Civics. I'll be following this build!

ssswitch
ssswitch HalfDork
7/5/16 10:16 p.m.

The rear quarter repairs look, uh, questionable. Is it just all papier mache?

srnfoto
srnfoto New Reader
7/7/16 12:47 p.m.

Ha. Yah it's pretty well gone. I've had worse that's for sure!

Questionable? Meh not really. If i put over fenders and cut that stuff out anyways it would be fine. Might be in the future.

Mezzanine
Mezzanine HalfDork
7/7/16 1:29 p.m.

Nice images! Car looks great and it looks like a lot of work has been done on this little beast.

Off topic, but how are you linking those pics so that the Flickr overlay show up when you mouse over the image? When I post from Flickr, I just do the BBCode option, and then delete part of the code so the link isn't listed after the image. I like yours better.

srnfoto
srnfoto New Reader
7/7/16 2:03 p.m.

It's under the little "share photos arrow" when you are in the preview of the images.

I believe it is the first option where it says embed.

2016-06-19_10-26-09 Then I just copy and pasted it into the body of the typing area. Seemed to work out really well! IMG_20160620_140826

Hooked up my wifes venza at the tow vehicle for track days. Thing pulls like a champ.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
7/7/16 2:06 p.m.

PM me if you want to sell the side moldings you removed.

srnfoto
srnfoto New Reader
7/7/16 2:52 p.m.

I'll keep you posted!

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
7/8/16 7:03 a.m.

If he doesn't have any, I'm pretty sure I kept them all from our 89 Si Lemons car.

A B18C5 in that must be a total riot.

srnfoto
srnfoto New Reader
7/8/16 4:53 p.m.

It really is super fun. Power isn't "too much" but the short ratio gear set is my fave!

84FSP
84FSP Dork
7/8/16 7:51 p.m.

Cool budget beasty - should surprise a few folks when your in their mirrors.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
7/8/16 10:06 p.m.

EF Civic. Best Civic.

srnfoto
srnfoto New Reader
7/10/16 9:53 p.m.

finally took it out for a good rip. New brakes are bedded in and they feel strong. I love the steering feel i got out of the trailing arm bushings too.

srnfoto
srnfoto New Reader
7/17/16 10:10 p.m.
srnfoto
srnfoto New Reader
7/27/16 1:20 p.m.

It felt pretty surreal to take this thing out and rip it around the track. It's fun with all of that time, and work pays off.

ClassicHondaGuy
ClassicHondaGuy New Reader
7/27/16 4:18 p.m.

Congratulations! Nice hatch you have there. Sounds great too.

ssswitch
ssswitch HalfDork
7/27/16 7:17 p.m.

It's come a long way. Looks really good!

srnfoto
srnfoto New Reader
7/28/16 9:52 a.m.

Yeah aside from some little bugs i couldn't be happier with it!

srnfoto
srnfoto New Reader
8/2/16 8:30 p.m.

_DSC0781

_DSC0786

_DSC0789

Shot some photos of this thing tonight. I can't get over this thing. I have a couple of chassis braces I want to get/weld in. But other than that I just want to track it.

simontibbett
simontibbett Reader
8/2/16 9:07 p.m.

Fun stuff. My first car was an 89 hatch, STD model. I did a little work and autocrossed it and did my first track day ever in it. Loads of potential with these things, have fun with it!

HunterBenz
HunterBenz Reader
8/2/16 9:26 p.m.

Looks fun. Nice video with good sound! So many times the overall feel of track videos gets a little ruined wind noise. Car looks like a lot of fun too.

srnfoto
srnfoto New Reader
8/3/16 4:12 p.m.

I equalized some levels to get rid of most of the hissing in the audio. But other than that it is stock audio from my gopro session. I mount the camera on my helmet for that very reason.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder HalfDork
8/5/16 9:53 a.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: EF Civic. Best Civic.

Them's fighting words ;)

This car is awesome and you're awesome.

Makes me miss my track rat civic!

https://goo.gl/photos/yfZBFLfAtyoPDD4H9

Matt B
Matt B SuperDork
8/5/16 1:05 p.m.
simontibbett wrote: Fun stuff. My first car was an 89 hatch, STD model.

I hope you used protection.

Sorry, I'll leave now. Nice Civic btw.

srnfoto
srnfoto New Reader
8/8/16 10:21 a.m.
Matt B wrote:
simontibbett wrote: Fun stuff. My first car was an 89 hatch, STD model.
I hope you used protection. Sorry, I'll leave now. Nice Civic btw.

Ha. You can't help but think that.

I love ef's. I always have. I love all honda's but i've always wanted to own ef's only.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
j4ClWvSTQP0IIp15f6U1rUdaPk411WtIkMdgmy8bDwLzwk6Cs0IrntyduXOg8zHa