8 9 10 11 12
GarageGorilla
GarageGorilla New Reader
1/31/19 3:36 p.m.

Those are nice wheels on the rear of the ACR (in the photo on the trailer) what brand and size are they?

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
1/31/19 3:38 p.m.

In reply to GarageGorilla :

kosei k1 in a 15x9 

GarageGorilla
GarageGorilla New Reader
1/31/19 4:03 p.m.
Professor_Brap said:

In reply to GarageGorilla :

kosei k1 in a 15x9 

Good to go. Thank you. yes

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/31/19 4:10 p.m.

ill take professor braps word on the being 9 wide, but hes right about kosei k1's. may or may not stay with the ACR. but theyre growing on me. granted, this set isnt mine. nates buddy loaned them to roll the car (nates set that was on here when we started the deal were stolen from the car before i picked it up) and hasnt decided if he wants them back yet. 

Agent98
Agent98 Reader
1/31/19 4:33 p.m.

excellent bead work!

I need to get a set of those pliers......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVDUM2ZxoW0

Dusterbd13-michael
2/7/19 5:19 p.m.

Dad and i have pulled the pan on the 2.4.

Full of glitter and magnetic debris. 

Teardown to continue. We'll see if we can ring and bearing rebuild it, but our hopes are not high. 

Dusterbd13-michael
2/8/19 8:59 a.m.

Well, earlier someone had linked a wrecked but running 2.4 swapped car on a localish craigslist. 

I talked him down on the original $800 asking price to 400 and he keeps the afx ecu. 

I go look at it tomorrow. If it runs well and doesn't make me nervous, ill buy it and dallas and i will go pick it up next weekend. Running the numbers, its about $100 more expensive than the lowest possible budget rebuild of the existing 2.4 and associated swap parts. And the parts car has new carpet and headliner. There will also be other useful parts, im sure.

wae
wae SuperDork
2/8/19 9:09 a.m.

If you get to the point where you're looking to sell off parts from any two-door parts cars, let me know!  I have this crazy fantasy of putting the interior back into the rallycross car and I'm in need of one of the little pot metal window bracket thingees (I think that's the technical term).

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
2/8/19 9:26 a.m.

Side note: Your manual is out for delivery! 

Dusterbd13-michael
2/8/19 11:05 a.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap :

Awesome 

Wae: when I start selling parts, a thread will be put here after Professor brap grm his first dibs

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
2/8/19 12:17 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Well, earlier someone had linked a wrecked but running 2.4 swapped car on a localish craigslist. 

I talked him down on the original $800 asking price to 400 and he keeps the afx ecu. 

I go look at it tomorrow. If it runs well and doesn't make me nervous, ill buy it and dallas and i will go pick it up next weekend. Running the numbers, its about $100 more expensive than the lowest possible budget rebuild of the existing 2.4 and associated swap parts. And the parts car has new carpet and headliner. There will also be other useful parts, im sure.

I saw the car your looking at. I almost sent it to you. 

Dirtydog
Dirtydog Dork
2/8/19 3:18 p.m.

Figured hanging on to that guys # might come in handy.  Maybe get the whole shebang for that $, if your lucky.  Strip and dump the carcass for some pay back.

Dusterbd13-michael
2/8/19 3:23 p.m.
Dirtydog said:

Figured hanging on to that guys # might come in handy.  Maybe get the whole shebang for that $, if your lucky.  Strip and dump the carcass for some pay back.

Thats the wole thing minus new tires/wheels, and ecu. Plan is take what i need, take what i think i can sell, turn the rest into scrap metal money.

I currently have 8 cars at my house. This will make 9.

It will need to go away QUICK. as is, ill either be parking the roofless challenge car outside, or duster while i blow it apart in the shop. Not exactly an optimal solution. 

Dirtydog
Dirtydog Dork
2/8/19 3:32 p.m.

Looking at the forecast, you have until Monday, before rain.   Some cheap tarps and old roofless takes a turn at some patio living.

Dusterbd13-michael
2/8/19 4:12 p.m.

We cant actually pick up the parts car until next weekend. 

Ill be playing tetris next week in preparation for channeling my inner new york honda theif. My goal between trailer roll off and scrap metal is 12 hours. By myself. 

Dusterbd13-michael
2/9/19 10:27 a.m.

I'm now up to owning 3 Neons. None of which I can drive.

Dusterbd13-michael
2/9/19 10:32 a.m.

In reply to wae :

t give me a call at 828-260-1254 and make sure to make your shopping list. I'm about to do a fire sale on some stuff

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/9/19 11:31 a.m.

As far as the professor and wae go, we can probably do some sort of parts relay when you come up for paul’s engine if they need bits from you.

Dusterbd13-michael
2/9/19 1:06 p.m.

Thanks pat! As soon as spring hiys ohio, ill bring your 5.3 and get that big block.

Hopefully drop off a pile of neon stuff for the ohio contingent as well.

Dusterbd13-michael
2/10/19 5:33 a.m.

Dallas should be here any minute for us to go recover the parts car. 

My wife is being a REALLY good sport about this. 9 cars now....

untchabl
untchabl Reader
2/10/19 6:46 a.m.

Your place is looking like my shop with cars everywhere.

Dusterbd13-michael
2/10/19 10:28 a.m.

451 with the ecu 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle SuperDork
2/10/19 11:14 a.m.

Four fifty....

one..  interesting 

Dusterbd13-michael
2/10/19 11:49 a.m.

The car was 400. I had an extra 51 in my wallet. Thats what i offered and he took it!

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
2/10/19 12:04 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Dallas should be here any minute for us to go recover the parts car. 

My wife is being a REALLY good sport about this. 9 cars now....

I'm so proud of you. One more and you get to join the 10+ club. 

8 9 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aKfXyOrlSOmgbrDwUgjYKjIYenVsV4rdRqhcaVAolwqWnJe7qhQYpsqJlyG4vIPa