ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/3/21 6:37 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:

Pro-darwin: im looking for free 225/50/15 or so for the kosei k1s. 

Scott: maybe my favorite picture in the whole thread is that Last one. So proud of her.

FYI, someone on another forum I am on is ditching some tires.  Not free.  DC area, but lots of ways to get them down here for free.  LMK if you want his info.

205/50/15 R7 - 12 Heat Cycles, $250.
205/50/15 SM7 - 3 Heat Cycles, $250.
205/50/15 RE71R - 8 Heat Cycles, $200.

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) UltraDork
1/3/21 6:45 p.m.

Those park photos look really good! Must feel good to be done with the Challenge car early with plenty of time to test and tune.

In reply to ProDarwin :

unfortunately, for challenge purposes ill need actually free. that way i can count the drag slics as my free ones. 

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/3/21 7:00 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

Roger!  I'll let you know if I come across anything.

maschinenbau (I live here) said:

Those park photos look really good! Must feel good to be done with the Challenge car early with plenty of time to test and tune.

im actually 9 years late!

but i love how she did at the park with a bit of coaching. best pictues of the car to date in my eye. 

Dirtydog (Forum Supporter)
Dirtydog (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/3/21 7:24 p.m.

Good for you!  That last picture is one to treasure.  And Dang,  I had to look twice.  Your daughter and my grand niece could be twins.  Enjoy the literal fruits of your labor.

1/3/21 7:37 p.m.

RE: free tires

Do you really think you'll need slicks for the drag? What time are you hoping to run? I would think A7's would suit this car for both dynamic events.

In reply to Dirtydog (Forum Supporter) :

it is, thanks!

its been said everyone has a twin in this world.

maschinenbau (I live here) said:

RE: free tires

Do you really think you'll need slicks for the drag? What time are you hoping to run? I would think A7's would suit this car for both dynamic events.

i really think so. car just doesn't hook in first or second at this time. i believe that it will knock mid to low 13s on the bottle. 

1/3/21 8:05 p.m.

Streets tires on the street vs A7's on a prepped strip might make a big difference. I didn't have much problem with mine on Datsaniti, though RWD obviously helped. Might be worth testing out since you have all summer and are buying the A7's anyway. 

Related, I have an almost new set of 15" Hoosier DR2 drag radials I ended up not using for the Challenge. I'll give you a good deal if you decide to go that route.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/3/21 8:40 p.m.

Really nice work!

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
1/3/21 9:13 p.m.

I'm not sure how challenge scoring works.  But some A7s are going to be worth like 2 seconds in autox + over the tires on your car in the pics.  How much do drag tires gain you over A7s?

The car is currently wearing 600tw all seasons. If i can score a set of free almost dead 200tw or sm7 slicks, or similar, id believe its worth 3-4 seconds on the autocross. 

That being said,  this car won't see enough track time vs the miata to justify sticker slicks or new 200tw money. Im also not sure how it would hook on autocross rubber. The miata was good for .5 seconds in the quarter with slicks over 200tw.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
1/8/21 4:06 p.m.

Quit building awesome cars and running old rubber.  Skip the drag tires and put some good autocross tires on it.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/15/21 5:25 p.m.

All but completely finished!

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
1/15/21 6:09 p.m.

What brands of  225/50/15's would you like to have besides free ???.....the last photo of you and peanut is beyond precious ....you are truly blessed.

1/15/21 6:43 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

More blessed than I deserve. All by the grace of my higher power. Way better than the man i was ever expected to be.

Funny you should bring the tires up...

Stu laswell,  my neighbor and fellow grm member,  is going to be putting fresh rubber on his tr3. Hes running a 195/55/15 200tw tire now that are many years, and many thousands of miles old. He plans to swap sometime this summer, and is willing to let me dispose of them instead of the tire shop.

I figure i can't lose!

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
1/15/21 7:20 p.m.

Facepalm SMH

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
1/15/21 7:52 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

More blessed than I deserve. All by the grace of my higher power. Way better than the man i was ever expected to be.

Funny you should bring the tires up...

Stu laswell,  my neighbor and fellow grm member,  is going to be putting fresh rubber on his tr3. Hes running a 195/55/15 200tw tire now that are many years, and many thousands of miles old. He plans to swap sometime this summer, and is willing to let me dispose of them instead of the tire shop.

I figure i can't lose!

I have 245 40 15 hankook rs4 you can have.  I also have some 225 45 15 rs4 you can have.  Like 1/2 treadware and about 3 heat cycles on them.

I keep offering them up for free (including on here).  Just threw away 8 of them 2 weeks ago.

1/15/21 8:00 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Trying to figure out a relay now! 

Ill take what you can send, assuming we can fit them all!

Maybe use stampe. I know he has kin down thag way.

Thanks!!!!

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
1/15/21 8:05 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Trying to figure out a relay now! 

Ill take what you can send, assuming we can fit them all!

Maybe use stampe. I know he has kin down thag way.

Thanks!!!!

When do you need them?  My next race is in March.  I will have them after that. Just threw my secondary backup spares away....

I DO have the 225s right now, but they are mounted and will need unmounted.

1/15/21 8:10 p.m.

Umm...

Midsummer? Early fall? Before October?

No worries,  and no hurries! When youre grabbing freebies,  you dont rush.

And stu, if you see this, I'll still take yours as well! Staggered for easier rotation or other shenanigans!

Stu Lasswell
Stu Lasswell Reader
1/15/21 11:25 p.m.

I see, and no problem, Michael.  I hope to have new rubber by the autocross season opener March 7th, so you should have them by the end of February if you want them.

1/16/21 8:42 a.m.

In reply to Stu Lasswell :

I do! Trust me, they will be used.

Stu Lasswell
Stu Lasswell Reader
1/16/21 10:55 a.m.

Speaking of which, the season points totals have been tallied.  It's been a weird year, but if you had only attended 2 more events you would have been in the trophies!  Heck if you had run 3 more you would have probably been in the top 3 in class! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
f19BOHvG1jsKVDxsgk55tqh4390WyRAaAaANngzfsKPYk4miBm2WhWTVxPRgDRKw