1 2
preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) SuperDork
9/16/22 6:45 p.m.

If you run into some parts you need or something please let me know. I Jeeped for years and know some vintage Jeep guys. If it's not a rush I can even deliver the bits as we are looking hard at TN property in the next few years and will be down there probably once a year and pass you on the way.

octavious
octavious Dork
9/16/22 7:52 p.m.

Thanks Preach. So far I've just ordered most stuff. I've really been surprised as to what is still available for these old Jeeps. Currently just waiting on that master cylinder mount bracket. 

Where are you looking in TN? We've had a massive influx of out of state residents the past couple of years. Some cities have really swelled.  A huge factor in that growth is a low cost of living, and no state income tax. Let me know if I can be of help. 

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) SuperDork
9/16/22 8:24 p.m.

I'd tell you but I'd I'd have to kill everyone that saw the post.

Seriously about dead center of Knoxville and Chattanooga.

If you know, you know.

octavious
octavious Dork
9/16/22 10:02 p.m.

I know. 

octavious
octavious Dork
4/3/23 8:30 p.m.

so it's been a long time and not much has happened. But I did finally find and mount a dual master cylinder for the brake upgrade. I also ordered the parts from Brennan's Garage to do a disc brake conversion. No pics, cause the parts are still sitting. But here is a pic of the front grill with LED turn signals

octavious
octavious Dork
4/3/23 8:32 p.m.

Then we decided to buy my wife a new car, and I spent too many days reorganizing (and cleaning) the whole garage to get 3 cars in a 2 car garage. 

octavious
octavious Dork
4/3/23 8:33 p.m.

Then I started trying to put the engine in. 

octavious
octavious Dork
4/3/23 8:45 p.m.

Which is where I'm now stuck. I took the sellers word for it that the engine would go in. I tried and the input shaft won't go into the pilot bearing (or so I think that's the problem).  I'm no rocket scientist, but the bolts holes on the plate do not match up with the transmission, especially the starter bolts don't seem to match. The Jeep is a 53 CJ3A, from the RMC serial number I'm guessing the engine is from a M38. My google fu tells me the plate on this engine has additional bolt holes because there were some waterproofing for the military. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IeJrTIb8oGZjB9afTEyT1KtbHDYJuwrL6PcqSi4z5vq1avPwiNlUN5wH2oyIk8hG