4 5 6
Ironsides
Ironsides Reader
9/27/22 10:17 a.m.
Shavarsh said:

Man, this car is so cool, enjoying following along.

Glad you're enjoying the progress as much as I am! 

My old sunvisors were a bit worse for wear, and also no longer matched my headliner that I recovered in black a few years ago. 

One of the other probe owners on FB had discovered SN95 visors fit with a little modification. 

So I picked up a decent set on ebay, unfortunately realized these had airbag stickers, not the end of the world. 

Fitment just requires a bit of bending on the arm, and shaving the probe retainer clip. Since My retainer clip was still gray, I opted to redesign the clip with a more narrow hook and 3D print them in a black nylon. 

They fit and work quite well! The visors are larger than the oem but still nest somewhat snugly in the headliner pockets. Will be nice to not be hit in the face with the vanity mirror covers every time i use the visor (velcro no longer worked haha) 

Ironsides
Ironsides Reader
9/29/22 10:46 a.m.

New seats from Corbeau arrived! 

These are the GTS II in black microsuede, overall they are very nice! I noticed once i fit them that the driver side lower bloster had a internal foam that was split, Corbeau was quick to rectify the situation and will be sending me a replacement, so very pleased with the customer service. 

Overall the quality and comfort is worlds better than the old Sparcos, they also look much more fitting to the age of the car. 

In retrospect, I wish i had ordered the driver seat with the 1" shorter foam option, i have about 1-1.5" of headroom at the moment, not a deal breaker. 

Also now thinking i may have the rear seats recovered to match these, there's a local upholstery shop in town that i may try out and give them some business. 

Rear seatbelts are also reinstalled (had taken out years ago with the roll bar install) everything is tightened up and many of my rattles and vibration are now gone!

My rear spring seat spacers are also ready, will hopefully get these fitted this weekend and put that to bead once and for all, i printed 10/12/15mm spacers for efficiency, im hoping the 10 or 12mm ones do the trick. These will essentially push the spring and seat assembly down and allow the upper seat to sit parallel to the spring and the upper mount removing that offset coil binding that im currently experiencing. I'll have to monitor if the reduction in travel cause any bumpstop impacts. 

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/30/22 10:10 a.m.

Classy seat choice!

Ironsides
Ironsides Reader
10/8/22 2:41 p.m.
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) said:

Classy seat choice!

Thanks! I'm pretty pleased with them. 

Got some time to install my 3D printed spring hat spacers. Fortunately the 10mm ones did the trick, so minimal loss of overall travel.

No more irregular coil binding: 

Back on all fours and riding great! Car now needs a proper cleaning. 

Replacement seat should be here this week. Also attempted to get my horn to work, when pressed with the oem steering wheel, a couple years ago, the horn would stay stuck...on. I suspected it may be the relay, put both a new relay and the stock steering wheel back in...same issue. After some review it seems the oem steering wheel button mechanism is just so worn it doesn't spring back to off after being pressed. 

So, whats wrong with the momo that was in the car? Well I was using a momo 5705 adapter, which was advertised as fitting the 626/mx6/probe. Problem is, the way the adapter fit on the column, it was not making contact with the horn pin, or the clockspring cancel mech for the directionals. Some more digging and it looks like the 5702 adapter isn't as far offset and should be the proper fit, have one of those on order and hopefully it will solve both problems :) In the meantime, the ole girl will get some miles to and from work this week! 

4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5SdWsfkkNgROOKe2xZXrMf18k8jmG10WNz7mCegMJGok7lskNG1JILALgFgtxOW8