1 2
Brian
Brian UltraDork
6/28/19 4:56 p.m.
Daylan C said:

Very nice.

Thanks.  There's the 3rd gen expo this sunday, so I wanted to have it there, hence the mad dash to get it done.

I have spacers on the front (came with the front brakes) and nothing on the 4th gen rear.  I haven't heard any tire rubbing so far.  Brake rubbing is a different story ...

Brian
Brian UltraDork
7/6/19 10:24 p.m.

Car made it to the expo, I did put a 5/16" spacer on the left rear.  The tire hits the bump stop bracket when it's at full droop.  At normal ride height the bracket is INSIDE the wheel.  It only happens on the left side because the arc that the panhard rod swings the axle at (or at least that's my best educated guess)

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/6/19 10:35 p.m.

In reply to Brian :

Yeah you may want to look into an adjustable pandhard to re-center the axle at some point. That's another problem my buddy ran into with his Camaro.

Brian
Brian UltraDork
7/7/19 12:00 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

problem, I think, isn't centering the axle.  It's fine on the ground.  it's the ever so slight arc that it swings in when it's on the lift, has the tire (not wheel) hitting the bumpstop bracket.  it's really only an issue when the car is off the ground.  The passenger side clears BTW

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
7/7/19 8:15 a.m.

Dang, that’s a good bit of work for 4 weeks of spare time effort.  Well done!  

Brian
Brian UltraDork
7/7/19 9:01 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

Dang, that’s a good bit of work for 4 weeks of spare time effort.  Well done!  

Thanks, but it was not exactly a spare time effort, it was basically a full time (during work hours) effort.  My "dealership" is inside the shop, so I worked on the car instead of doing work.  It was also the first I'd ever changed my own oil.  I've swapped engines, transmissions, converted from m/t to a/t, upgraded brakes, but never had changed my own oil before.

Brian
Brian UltraDork
10/7/19 10:19 p.m.

This has now been purchased and installed as well.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
v4e2UxYVom7G7NbIP8yP1YEUjFhShvwEiaqG0oLDVUKLbfX7f6aTHGmU6MdGZVIb