wvumtnbkr PowerDork
5/24/22 8:22 a.m.
Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
5/24/22 12:15 p.m.
Patrick said:
Stampie said:

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Yep I went way beyond that.  I'm in I'm a redneck and I'll win territory now.

That didn't go well in 1865. Thankfully you're in a better position with a much more noble goal, so I have faith in you

It's a fine line sometimes but there's a difference between a redneck and a dumbass.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
5/26/22 2:38 p.m.

Headers should be in today. The Kevko oil pan is well not even built. I called before ordering and they were like yeah as long as you don't want it zinc coated we can do it quickly. Their website said 3-5 days. I ordered last Monday so I called them this Monday and dude said they'd get it out that day or Tuesday. Call today and dude remembers me calling but says they hope to build it next Tuesday. I understand labor shortages and all but tell me upfront it's going to be two weeks before shipping.

Ok rant over. At least I'm not building an Atlas. I hear you have to order custom pans from Jaguar for them.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/26/22 2:44 p.m.
Stampie said:

Ok rant over. At least I'm not building an Atlas. I hear you have to order custom pans from Jaguar for them.

you just can't stop, can you?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/26/22 3:20 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Probably never

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
5/26/22 3:33 p.m.

Let me have a little joy in my life. That's all I ask.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy PowerDork
5/26/22 4:17 p.m.
Stampie said:

Let me have a little joy in my life. That's all I ask.

Here's a little Joy for ya:

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
5/26/22 4:51 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

As long as it's not one of mine that I don't know about.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
5/26/22 6:17 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Indy - Guy :

As long as it's not one of mine that I don't know about.

I'm not sure the timing and ages work out, but I'm pretty sure that I am one of yours.

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
5/26/22 6:24 p.m.

You used the term 'sugar scoop' to describe this sled ....is that cuz of it's butt? And.....will you put a spoiler(lip not a wang) back there? Are wix filters in your future??wink 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
5/26/22 6:44 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

I'll adopt you.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Yes the 68-77s were called sugar scoops because of the rear window treatment.  Those are the years I perfer with the major differences between them being the bumpers and side scoops.  Perfect for me is 72 because it was the last year of the chrome bumpers and the year I was born but I'm damn happy with a 77 right now.  No plans for a spoiler and yes I bought a wix just for you last week.

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
5/26/22 6:49 p.m.

1972!!!! you're just a punk arse Bslap .....luv ya bro.....I've found the wix equivalent has a smidge more capacity....was a Fram noob since before you were born wink....carry on BraHeen 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
5/26/22 6:52 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

I can't help that you're an old fart.  But at least you're cooler than the other old fart here.

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
5/26/22 7:13 p.m.

Please no side pipes......what's under there now Borla's with turndowns before the rear axle?

and that's Mr. Old Fart.....thank you very much .....sorry I'm oldfarten on ya is there an "H" crossover in this system underneath ?

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
5/26/22 8:01 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Magnaflows after the axle.  I like them.  Kind of turns me on.  No H pipe but might do one after my new headers.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
6/2/22 7:07 p.m.

Sexiness came in today. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/2/22 8:20 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Oooh, that's purdy!

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
6/2/22 9:05 p.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Stampie :

Oooh, that's purdy!

Indeed!

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
6/2/22 9:12 p.m.

how much more clearance clarence does this pan give you? Are they local like SE USA? Quality looking e36m3 brah!!

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
6/2/22 9:55 p.m.

Damn Stampie spending money on legit parts.  Nice!

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
6/2/22 10:16 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

They are out of Minnesota.  I started looking for pans and found Kevko.  Text Michael to see what he recommend and he said Kevko.  I doubt his taste in wheels but he's pretty good on other stuff.  Figured I was already on their webpage so that's what I went with.  This one should be 2 inches shorter than what was on it and 1 inch shorter than stock.  I figure I'd rather other stuff hit before my oil pan.  Plus sexiness.  And to follow up on the shipping time Kevko got it out before the long holiday weekend so they beat their last estimate.  It's sexy.  I might sleep with it tonight.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

I know right?  Wtf is happening here? 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
6/2/22 10:46 p.m.

This car and this thread makes me so happy. Honestly love to see it, will be nice to see it working well!

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
6/3/22 8:23 a.m.

In reply to classicJackets (FS) :

Thanks. You can see Riggamort waiting patiently behind it also.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
6/3/22 2:56 p.m.

We didn't get to far this morning before it got to hot. We got the passenger header loose but need to take some of the steering and/or the starter out. This afternoon we have rain so this is how it sits.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/3/22 3:10 p.m.

Im getting very excited for you. 

4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
H0XVzPmML3mC5X3tlEHEvL1ea6RQzB3N6bgSDwmvFKbezh5RBY03hRovmBXnfo0c