Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
11/9/20 5:36 p.m.

Put a tremek tkx on order. I'm in line for the 24 Ford transmission built. Should arrive early January. Now to get the brakes sorted and steering column back in

wawazat
wawazat Dork
11/9/20 6:06 p.m.

Congrats!  I don't recall but what are you using for clutch actuation?  I pulled my column for all my header clearance/pedal bearings/hydraulic system conversion which then turned in to brake system changes as clutch MC conflicts with where located the brake proportioning valve.   Just something to consider before you reinstall the column if it makes things easier for you.

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
11/9/20 7:41 p.m.

In reply to wawazat : I have a hydraulic unit from modern driveline. Definitely on my radar. Can you shoot me a text when you have a minute? I have a question on the bell housing runout you did on your cougar. 

wawazat
wawazat Dork
11/9/20 10:11 p.m.

Message sent Brent.   BTW- my name is Todd.

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
11/14/20 2:54 p.m.

Got the brake lines apart ready for the new dual zone master that should be here this week. Upper control arm got re put on because I had the relief flipped the wrong way. Accessory bracket stripped and ready to paint.

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
11/28/20 8:42 p.m.

bell-housing is in. Got the tools on order to do the run out check. 4 of the washers supplied by MDL have to great of a OD to seat without hitting the bell housing. Going to need to grind them down to fit. 

Then 2020 decided it needed to rear its ugly head. For some reason as I walked away from the box all four drawers opened on the bottom.

jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter)
jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter) Reader
11/28/20 10:21 p.m.

Mmmm...

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/29/20 6:44 a.m.

Oof. Long as nobody was hurt. 

At keast you have to clean and reorganize everything now! So, theres a positive. Do the purge and organize youve been putting off

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/8/21 2:14 p.m.

Hey look, there's a 10mm socket!

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
1/27/21 9:03 p.m.

Been having a ball lately. Iowa has been getting snow like crazy. Got this 2003 up and going. Hasn't ran since 03. Had 170 miles on it. Two stuck injectors and some new gas and she was ripping. 

transmission for Norma is late, they are having supply chains issues due to covid. Poo

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
3/3/21 8:31 p.m.

Modern Driveline called. Should have a transmission within 9 business days. I have so much to do surprise

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
3/4/21 6:59 a.m.

In reply to Norma66-Brent :

Wow, 5 months wait to get a transmission.   Good luck, can't wait to see this one back in progress.

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
3/9/21 7:14 p.m.

Transmission shows that a ups label was created in Utah today. 115 lbs crated. devil

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
3/11/21 7:29 p.m.

Transmission has made it Des Moines. Excited to get it tomorrow!

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
3/12/21 4:31 p.m.

The eagle has landed.

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
3/20/21 8:33 p.m.

Columns back in. Just need to finish the brake lines and master cylinder to get it ready to move. Bringing it down to the shop so I can work on it during lunch's. I'm not making progress at home here and all my stuff is down there.

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
3/21/21 2:21 p.m.

Got the front brake soft lines installed. Master cylinder is on the way. Need some odds and ends hardware to get to bleeding the fronts. 

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
4/4/21 7:07 p.m.

Knockoff wilwood booster arrived. Ready to get the brakes working, so I can move this down to the body shop. I will be able to work on it during lunch then. Also all my tools are there now.

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
4/9/21 7:21 p.m.

Got the galaxie out and moved down to the shop. 

we have a large punch list. But it's attainable and I'm motivated.

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
4/11/21 8:50 a.m.

The rear quarter emblems always have bothered me. They aren't reproduced and finding good examples is impossible or $. The last new old stock set I saw changed hands for $1500.

Had these custom machined for 1/5 that price.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/11/21 9:15 a.m.

Brent said:

"Then 2020 decided it needed to rear its ugly head. For some reason as I walked away from the box all four drawers opened on the bottom."

We had that issue with some big Vidmars at work.  Someone made up some flat stock, about 1 X 3" with a finger sticking out on the top left side.  One was screwed to the right side of each drawer, the finger extending over the edge of the drawer.

You push the finger out of the way to open the drawer, all others stay locked in.  I'll try to draw up a print.

Dan

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/11/21 9:39 a.m.

This is how MacGuyver started.

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
4/12/21 12:22 p.m.

Cool approach 914. I took a somewhat less suttle approach and lag bolted my box to the wall. 

jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter)
jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter) Reader
4/12/21 10:49 p.m.
Norma66-Brent said:

Cool approach 914. I took a somewhat less suttle approach and lag bolted my box to the wall. 

Nothing succeeds like success!

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
4/19/21 8:13 p.m.

Got the fans mocked up. Got the tab additions welded in. Will need to go back and get everything final cut and mounted.

ended up with one finger of clearance between the motor and fan. Thank god it fit.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HkWW7t5iAtHHvlA7WWZ1uOq82scPmE1M1prKsJsTzT2ErUbW0qMO2BFY7J8ty5GO