1 2 3 4
mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
5/11/19 5:25 a.m.

Crossing my fingers for the most uneventful ride back home in history. Just smooth leather and a good stereo all the way. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/11/19 5:32 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Thanks. That's exactly how I envision the trip,  plus some good Daddy daughter conversation.

On plane about the leave the terminal.

In reply to Stampie:

Yummy.

Edit: this is Indy-kid #1's first airplane ride. ( Well except for when she was an infant) She's excited and nervous.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/11/19 6:42 a.m.

If you don’t embed video while opening the cutouts mid burnout, i shall request you be banned 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/11/19 6:46 a.m.

This is fantastic. You rock on, dad.

yupididit
yupididit UltraDork
5/11/19 8:26 a.m.

I do wanna hear it with cutouts. I've been wanting to run them forever.

Anyway have a safe trip. They're small cars interior wise but very comfortable

grover
grover HalfDork
5/11/19 9:13 a.m.

Any chance you’re flying into PBI? I’m pretty darn close to the airport if you need a ride. 

Dirtydog
Dirtydog Dork
5/11/19 9:40 a.m.

Hoping for a fun and safe trip to you and Indy-Kid #1.   Here's to a "No Snaaaag Jaaaaag!!"

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
5/11/19 12:17 p.m.

Awesome. What a great father-child trip!!

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/11/19 1:25 p.m.

Car bought. Lunch eaten. Heading North.

Teaser pics

Currently at Walmart to purchase wiper blade.

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
5/11/19 2:30 p.m.

There's not nearly enough grm/cm gear on those two youngsters. Hopefully someone from the mag see this post.

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
5/11/19 2:33 p.m.

Oh and Indy guy for some reason you look more attractive in those pics than I remember.... Stampie looks downright normal.

Must be the jag. cheeky

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/11/19 2:33 p.m.

Indy-kid #1 here. I've been asked to do some documenting on the trip. Rode on my first (memorable) flight today. Florida is beautiful from the air and ground! We met with Stampie and his son, and had lunch with him and the man selling the Jag. Apparently he gets the GRM magazine and really likes it! Now all we have to do is sit back and enjoy the ride.

ronholm
ronholm Dork
5/11/19 2:37 p.m.

This is awesome...   

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
5/11/19 2:39 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Thanks for the update!  Feel free to make random updates, especially if they include random pictures.yes

TJL
TJL Reader
5/11/19 3:08 p.m.

Perfect timing to experience peak lovebug season in Florida. Congrats, looking forward to some entertaining content about the car. They have been catching my eye lately thanks to GRM. 

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
5/11/19 3:43 p.m.

4:30 up date,      Light Sprinkle at Indy, No Need To change to Rains Yet.

but there Goin'  BACKWARDS      Hah!!!!!!

blue91lx
blue91lx New Reader
5/11/19 3:58 p.m.

Woohoo!! So glad it's all working out for you so far.  Safe travels!

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/11/19 4:04 p.m.

Indy-kid #1 here, we just left a little gift shop/fruit stand, where they had live baby gators!

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/11/19 4:20 p.m.

Indy-kid #1 here. In the middle of the last post we heard a scraping, dragging noise. So, apparently the brake cooling duct and the inner fender liner had come lose, and the latter was grating against the tire. Dad got it fixed, after regretting not having bought a  screwdriver a Walmart.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/11/19 4:22 p.m.

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
5/11/19 4:28 p.m.

switch to Rains

Dirtydog
Dirtydog Dork
5/11/19 5:42 p.m.
Indy-Guy said:

Indy-kid #1 here, we just left a little gift shop/fruit stand, where they had live baby gators!

When I was a kid, you could get little alligators/caymans sent to you in the mail.

Waiting for more news from our new Cub Reporter, Indy Kid #1.   Aside from some plastics parting company, what are your general impressions of your new ride?   On another note, maybe some of those scratches, marks can be rubbed out.   Safe journeys.

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
5/11/19 6:26 p.m.

The best thing ever was watching Indy-Guy drill a hole into the unibody of a car he technically hadn't paid for yet. Was great meeting you two in person. Thanks for lunch and the cookies. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/11/19 6:27 p.m.

Indy-kid #1 here. We stopped in a little town in an attempt to find our first geocache. Could'nt quite find it....

​​​​​ we look weird & miserable cause of all the  knats that were swarming us. The reason we attempted geocaching was because the Jag came with a GPS thing-a-ma-bob. I LOVE IT! 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/11/19 6:28 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Indy-kid #1 here. Did you like the homemade cookies?

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WD8h3UP4kznCscin8vp9lN0naaTc0c9TMb0Fq63B2RmrUEyM7a0FNzOpyHFAQRoS