1 2
AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
4/20/21 8:20 a.m.

They grow up so fast.

Yesterday was a long day, lots of running around on top of lots of actual work. So, when I looked up at the hardtop and noticed this:

My day was made. It's awesome, Robbie (and your son), thanks!

How about a rundown on budget so far?

The wheels I traded for the car were listed for sale for $700. I bought the K1s from Mike for $300. That puts me at $1,000 even. I spent $23.16 on four cans of Dupli Color VHT Wheel Paint using a $20 reward from the parts store. I used 3.5 cans. So, there's $20.27 worth of paint on the wheels. $1,020.27. The hardtop was $950 so I'm guessing I'll have to take it off during competition as that would bring it to $1,970.27 and, I'll have to review the rules, but I think things like tie rod ends aren't exemptions like the brakes will be.

The whole ride across town yesterday, there was no brake stickage but it'll surely come back. That said, I'll continue to drive it and enjoy it until it becomes a bigger issue but Olaf is well on the back burner at the moment. Plus, it looks like it'll be buried under 2-4 inches of snow come Thursday...

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/20/21 9:26 a.m.

Glad you like the sticker! We tried to put it strategically in a place that would be visible but not 'loud'. We also wanted it to be in a place that would be easy enough to remove with little damage if you ever wanted to remove it...

Also I got a box in the mail this morning which I will be sure to enjoy soon - thank you!

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
4/20/21 10:04 a.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Love it and it's staying.

Glad it got there!

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
4/20/21 4:54 p.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

That's the twin of my Miata minus the dented in front corner.  We need to throw our spec Miata coilovers on to get it lower like yours.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
4/21/21 8:35 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Definitely get it lower and hopefully another difference is rust being that you're in FL, I think. 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
7/12/21 8:18 a.m.

Two, I guess technically three, things to report with Olaf. 

1. I drive it all the time.
  2. The back end has a mind of it's own. Details on that below.
  3. It has developed some leakage.

As for the back end doing whatever it pleases. I'm not sure if these are special bushings that don't need the extra carrier but I'm guessing the lack of the normal carriers is why it goes wherever it wants. I do have an extra rear subframe sitting in the garage in great shape. May have to put that in before Gainesville.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
7/21/21 1:29 p.m.

Sad update: A deposit has been placed on Olaf. No challenge with Olaf for me. I am legitimately sad about seeing this car go but one does not turn down a caged Miata when one is presented the opportunity. 

A GRMer has placed the deposit so maybe the build thread will live on. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1eWojbS8u5fhywDRQqa5oC5kiCiCrggyzhmgF5umf81o0ldQAVtL50VQ4L9BIXxH