1 2
WrenchmanTim
WrenchmanTim New Reader
11/20/13 8:30 p.m.

I have a 2006 Ford 500 and I want to upgrade the crankshaft so it can go into overdrive? Is this possible?

as well,

I want to maybe add a wing for the updraft so I can handle better, i was considering getting a vtec and putting a v8 twin turbo in it.

Also will carbon fiber up my max speed at all I just want to start competing really and need it to go faster. I'm just gettting into cars for real. I added a few consmetic things i wanted too let me know if you think it is a good upgrade or not.

Here is what I was considering!

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica Reader
11/20/13 8:34 p.m.

While I do like your original concept, I do feel the car with be severely under-winged. Adding another spoiler on the trunk should help out "alot". Also, true balla's have "swag yolo" license plates.

WrenchmanTim
WrenchmanTim New Reader
11/20/13 8:37 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Estrotica:

I don't think that yolo rlly is good for my personality mine should say wow!

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
11/20/13 8:46 p.m.

You should aim the exhaust onto the top side of the wing... that way you will create a pressure and temperature differential which, at least in theory, will allow you to be able to navigate both space and time in the forward direction.

Sultan
Sultan HalfDork
11/20/13 8:49 p.m.

Tim, Have you thought about upgrading your name plates say Six Hundred instead of Five Hundred? That alone will get you a hundred more. Also I would pick either Hella Slammed or Donked. While both are valid you could lead by finding a way to combine both. Just a thought.

Lastly English is a language that you can learn. Have you tried visiting a school? I think you will find a path to success if you try:-)

WrenchmanTim
WrenchmanTim New Reader
11/20/13 8:58 p.m.

While I am considering both alternatives I find the that somewhere in between is what is the best choice, here is the revised design. I also wrote down upgrading the crankshaft to support more overdrive. I reallyy want to make the power on this much higher cause then I will win women hearts and have more swag while competing. I won the gokart champoins last year and it I was crowned the king off on road moter sports in 2013.

Thanx!

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
11/20/13 9:06 p.m.

Look, the turbine isn't helping here. It's only going to push you right. Put it on the other side. All ovals turn left.

I think upgrading the crankshaft is too mundane. Add 2, maybe 3 more crankshafts.

If your goal is to win women's hearts, there is another way. You can snatch them still-beating right out of their chests with good technique and a little luck.

Hope this helps.

Mr_Estrotica
Mr_Estrotica Reader
11/20/13 9:17 p.m.

Perhaps to supplement the cars ability to win the heart's of women you should consider this guys book:

Amazon Bookstore said: Mola Ram's latest book "Kalima" is now available on tape at all major bookstores. Learn the secrets of Mola Ram himself in this tell-all how-to guide on becoming a real heartthrob.
Sultan
Sultan HalfDork
11/20/13 10:00 p.m.

Tim, Have you spoke to your parents about your ideas? I bet they would be proud of your innovation.

Also winning women's hearts does mean taking their hearts.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose HalfDork
11/20/13 11:01 p.m.

Underbody neon should contrast more...
I'm thinking pink or purple, so emphasize how manly the driver must be.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
11/21/13 7:16 a.m.

Looking pretty good so far Tim, but I see lots of room for improvement in handling.

First that is a lot of ride height. You need to slam that ride! Lower is better. You need to be almost scraping the ground like an F1 car!

Next those are pretty high profile tires. You should put it on dubs with the lowest profile you can find. Lower profile reacts better you know!

Also be sure to add lots of negative camber. More negative camber = more harder cornering.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x UltraDork
11/21/13 9:37 a.m.

This thread is full of so much swag love. The feelz are tite yo(lo).

I can't help much with vtech addition of V8 twin turbos. I would say that putting twin charging rotary valve train would add much drift. Then, it's time for spacial shift trans technology. This is a new tech from India that shifts in real time in the future. Choose a gear, spin the dial, Tardis, Boom! You're in passing gear just in time to park.

But if that's too expensive I recommend calling tire rack and asking about their GSR interior packages. They'll most likely suggest a product by Warren G called The Regulator. Real old skool.

Hoop
Hoop SuperDork
11/21/13 9:40 a.m.

You jest, but:

Conquest351
Conquest351 UltraDork
11/21/13 10:42 a.m.
Hoop wrote: You jest, but:

Don't that one have the Ford GT powertrain in the back where them seets used to be? Bawler status 4-rlz son. Do dat. 4-srsly, do dat now.

WrenchmanTim
WrenchmanTim New Reader
11/21/13 1:53 p.m.

thx for feedback~~!!! I updated my concept, i made sum wheels 4 it and overall think that it is going 2 be rlly powerful. I plan to be sponsored by redbull at some point too just wanted to throw out my dreams!! I like the lower idea (lower to ground the most intimate my tires know the road(traction)) this is a good way to acheive my desired effects. I think that maybe i should give it a desiel engine though for the power I am looking at.

When it's upgrade I think i should be able to top speed around 250 (good for racing) I really want 2 do all carbon fiber on the body for good weight to torque ratio as well as the speed boost it brings.

Here is my updated concept. I made some tires cause I couldnt find any dubs i wanted. I heard dubs are good for preformance tho.

Im considering remaking this concept entirely in 3d so I can give u guys a better idea of my custom whip.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
11/21/13 2:04 p.m.

Yes this is looking good. Next you should add some dive planes to your front bumper for more downforce (remember more dive planes are better), and of course now that you're lowered you need some big anodized billet tow hooks, also good for maximum swag!

Brake setup needs a few tweaks. Drilled & slotted rotors are very important for maximum braking performance, and remember to paint your calipers red. No other color will do.

Sultan
Sultan HalfDork
11/21/13 2:09 p.m.

while strips will make you car faster I think you should consider bigger wheels that outside the car body. It will look like a hella F1 racer bro.

shouldn't you be doing your homework?

Pseudonym
Pseudonym New Reader
11/21/13 2:13 p.m.

Needs speed holes.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/21/13 2:33 p.m.

Needs more stickers. Stickers automatically add 5 hp each.

WrenchmanTim
WrenchmanTim New Reader
11/21/13 3:00 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Needs more stickers. Stickers automatically add 5 hp each.

This is good advice! I will take this into account!!!!

jgrewe
jgrewe New Reader
11/21/13 4:32 p.m.

Don't forget vortex generators, you need them above 7 or 8 mph.

efahl
efahl New Reader
11/21/13 5:51 p.m.

This is definitely an case of Deathtron 2000 thinking (or is it 3000 now?). You might find some ideas to improve your design here: Tabby: A Turbo Cabby

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
11/21/13 7:10 p.m.

Oil coolers on the outside and downforce and E36 M3

Sultan
Sultan HalfDork
11/21/13 9:23 p.m.

Tim, By chance is this your folks car?

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
11/21/13 10:20 p.m.

It needs to be both lowered, and lifted, so that it can clear the jumps to win the rally called life.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LedUZRO4cR3gEPZq5MkOQvmTHvzex7BQVJOq56A3WpsDbC2eG2HTqBUFw7mn3UPb