1 2 3
ggarrard
ggarrard Reader
10/19/20 8:12 p.m.

Ours was an eBay scoop grafted onto a stock hood (including cutting the hood)....  no XTs were injured in this exercise smiley.  Springs and struts were STI direct bolt on replacements.

Gordon

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
10/19/20 8:15 p.m.

Looks great!  Need some pics with the gold wheels mounted!

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/21/20 9:20 a.m.

Those will be put on the car Friday at the track.

Picking it up at lunch from the alignment shop.  I will get her loaded tonight for tomorrow's trip to Gainesville.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/21/20 9:45 a.m.

Looking forward to its survival of the weekend and a quick payout from my sister's insurance company so we can work on logistics and get it up here and put the roof basket on I have waiting for it

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/21/20 9:57 a.m.
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to mikeatrpi :

It actually looks really good.  Best $365.00 paint job i have ever seen.

If you do a little tape and prep, them maaco boys can lay the paint. 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
10/21/20 8:27 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

It aligned great, and I had some fresh synthetic blend oil put in while it was at the alignment shop.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
10/27/20 7:49 p.m.

A quick update on the Forester.

It did really well in the autocross and we ended up 14th overall.  I got a 51.2 with the car which was only a second off of the top 5.  Overall the car was super impressive for a stock wagon on $350 chinesium coilovers.

The drags were not the cars forte, and I only managed a 16.5.

Despite my pitiful drag racing performance i ended up 17th overall in the dynamic scoring.

I rolled the dice and decided to present in the concours vs taking the 12 points.

It was the wrong choice.  I ended up dead last in the concours!

That coupled with my dynamic score put me in 22nd place.

Overall I had a good time and it was great getting to see everyone.  I am glad the magazine went through with the challenge despite all the set backs this year.

Next year I will be back with multiple competitive cars so watch out.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
10/28/20 6:20 a.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

I think the concours has really shifted to racecar themed and the fabrication aspect of the event. 

Back in the early 2010s a clean car would have scored much better. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
10/28/20 12:39 p.m.

A participant should not be penalized for finding a good deal on a really nice car and not hacking it up.  

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
11/13/20 1:54 p.m.

I picked this up today. 

Op check was AC yep, Radio yep, Cruise yep, ready for a road trip!

Actually not a bad vehicle. It exceeded my expectations. Decent get up and go but a turbo on top would be sweeter. 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
11/13/20 2:51 p.m.

Have a safe trip Stampie...  are you filling it with goodies to distribute on your way north?

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
11/13/20 3:18 p.m.
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) said:

Have a safe trip Stampie...  are you filling it with goodies to distribute on your way north?

Sounds like Stampie-Claus has a new sleigh! cheeky

Between this and the SAAB, he's the wagon king. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
11/13/20 3:33 p.m.

In reply to Mezzanine :

This is actually going to Patrick's sister.  I was asked if I could deliver it up north.  It will have a RX7 transmission heading up from Jacksonville and a stop to pick up a seat in Charlotte.

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
11/13/20 5:36 p.m.

Dang son, be careful and how are you gettin' home .....or is that  another thread waiting to be "dropped"?

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
11/13/20 5:48 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

Delta - Nothing exciting just a reverse fly and drive.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/13/20 5:50 p.m.

Carli claims flying is safe otherwise I wouldn't have asked 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
11/13/20 5:54 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

She's not mad at me for vehicles I"ve dropped off or taken is she?  I wouldn't have said yes if I didn't feel good about it.  I'm going to wear my anarchy mask in hopes people stay away from me.

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
11/13/20 5:55 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

Delta - Nothing exciting just a reverse fly and drive.

I get the fly part ...what's the "drive" part???

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
11/13/20 5:57 p.m.

I'm driving the Subaru up and flying back.

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
11/13/20 6:55 p.m.

I'm a little relieved you aren't keeping this one. I don't want anything distracting you from the 9-5. On that subject: be sure to post a comparison of the two. SAAB 9-5 are criminally undervalued, and the Foresters are a little on the over-valued end, so it should be interesting to hear your thoughts. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
11/13/20 7:08 p.m.

In reply to Mezzanine :

Oh that's easy the Forester is like sitting in your study in your smoking jacket while sipping on your favorite microbrew beer.  You're comfortable and hey living on the edge with the whole microbrew thing.  The Saab is similar when you drive it like a normal person.  But you floor it in second and then shift to third at redline and it's like mainlining crack.  

The Forester does give you more "feel".  I felt connected to the mechanical parts of the car.  The Saab is a little soft.  The power steering is over boosted.  The shifter is a little vague.  But that doesn't matter because you can hit it and be doing 85 in third right after a red light.  Not that I did that today.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
11/19/20 8:19 a.m.

I took Lil Stampie to school in it this morning.  His review started about a block into the drive with "It's actually not that bad."  Next after some corners and some good acceleration runs he said "So this is like an WRX right?"  I said "Yep with no turbo."  It would be a cool sleeper with a turbo.  Oh he has a thing for how the shifter feels.  He doesn't like the vagueness of the Saab.  Once we were waiting in line he tested it and said "That feels pretty good."  So having known him since I was the second person to see the top of his head pop out I'd put that review at a 6.8 out of 10.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
11/20/20 7:48 a.m.

Dropped Lil Stampie at school.  Hot the DMV to get y'all for the Saab.  ROAD TRIP!!!

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/20/20 9:24 a.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

There's something about the shades, the sweater & the car that give you such a level of class that you're going to give new meaning to "school pickup line" with the neighborhood moms in their minivans. 

John Welsh (Moderate Supporter)
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) Mod Squad
11/20/20 11:00 a.m.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LEPo6xmtiSo7Q1Bb7ecWRkgoOQOurL9SLdtwjFWzLQbPDe9i3menhJuxykIkWWIs