1 2 3 4
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/20/21 3:27 p.m.

Got the car up on the lift.  Undercarriage looks great with no rust!

Control arm bushings are shot out as are the ball joints.  It needs a CV axle on the right side.  Sway bars have been questionably modified.  Engine and transmission both look dry underneath.  It could use a set of belts and several of the hoses are dried out.  Overall it is exactly what I was looking for.  A nice, rust free B13 SE-R that is largely stock.

I ordered a bunch of parts from Rockauto.com and summit to get it back in proper order.  I splurged and bought an energy suspension master bushing kit and new Suspension Techniques Sway bars front and rear.  I will install new brake rotors and pads, change all the fluids and throw in a set of plugs while I am at it.

Once I get the suspension and fluids changed I will start the body work process to get the car looking as good as I can.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/20/21 5:32 p.m.

I look forward to pictures or your nicely restored/freshened black Nissan Titan towing your nicely restored/freshened black Nissian Sentra SE-R.!

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
8/20/21 9:12 p.m.

Good point, you forgot to mention on my nicely restored /freshened black trailer.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
9/2/21 10:26 a.m.

Car is safely home in the garage.

1st order of business will be a suspension / brake refresh.

Front has new calipers, i bought new rotors and pads even though these look to be fine.  At $13.00 a rotor why not...

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
9/8/21 9:39 p.m.

Replaced the shot out lower control arm and ball joint.

Replaced the outer tie rod and the clickey torn passenger CV axle as well.

I decided to redo the wheel bearings so i will have to wait until tomorrow to reinstall the hub and brakes..

Oh yeah I also changed the oil while I was under the car.

Loweguy5 (Forum Supporter)
Loweguy5 (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/9/21 9:36 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

I am feeling general jealousy about this find.  Well done!

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
9/29/21 9:13 p.m.

Re-decked trailer.

Like new!

Finally got the new front wheel bearings and hubs pressed in.  Only had time to button up the front right corner tonight.  Hopefully I can get the left front done tomorrow.

In other news I canceled my ST swaybar order.  They were back ordered and it didn't look like they were shipping until November.  I ended up keeping the stock front bar but scored a progress 22mm rear bar on eBay.  Overall it saved me $120.00 and the new rear bar has already arrived.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
10/1/21 4:28 p.m.

Finished the front left.  I neglected to take a picture.

I started to pull the rear suspension out but got side tracked and decided to pull the seats to pressure wash them because it will be sunny the next few days.

Carpet is in good shape,  its going to look great with a vacuum and a good scrubbing.

Even has the original floor mats!

Now to see how they look dry.  A bunch of nasty water came out so either way they will be cleaner.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
11/28/21 10:18 a.m.

I tackled the rear suspension over the holiday weekend.

The right side took several hours and fought me the entire time.  The left side went much smoother.

Fortunately nissan still sells the hardware.  Both outer bolts were seized and I ended up cutting one of the eccentric bolts to get it out..

Need to get this suspension refresh buttoned up this week so I can get the car out of the garage.  I need the room for the challenge RX7.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
11/28/21 4:31 p.m.

My 10 year old son helped bleed the brakes, and then I had him help me change the transmission fluid.

I somehow only ordered 1 qt of mt 90.  I have a gallon on the way now. It should be here Tuesday, which coincidentally is the same day the eccentric bolts arrive at nissan.

Plan is to install new eccentric bolts, new rear swaybar, and fill transmission on Tuesday night. 

I am going to pick up the RX7 Friday so hopefully I can drop sentra off Thursday to get aligned.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
11/30/21 6:49 p.m.

Back on all 4 wheels for the first time in months.  

Dropping it off Thursday morning for an alignment.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
12/1/21 11:42 p.m.

I have such mixed feelings following this thread. Probably because my SE-R was stolen. It's like one day your significant other is kidnapped and you never see them again versus your relationship had run it's course and you're ready to move on.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
1/9/22 6:13 p.m.

Installed a new head unit in the Sentra.  It is a plain looking JVC with Bluetooth.  I somehow didn't take a picture.

Turns out the rear speakers were blown.  I removed two period correct infiniti 6 1/2's from the rear deck.

I replaced them with a set of Pioneers i had laying around the garage.  It sounds pretty decent.

In other news I discovered the car had a rare rear strut bar installed behind the rear seat.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
1/10/22 8:52 p.m.

Always loved these.  So much potential and lightweight.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
1/10/22 10:41 p.m.

Oh man   Kappas.  Someone dropped some money back in the day.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
1/11/22 12:09 p.m.

I took the car to the local cars and coffee Saturday.  Believe it or not a professional photographer actually took two pictures of it unbeknownst to me...

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
1/16/22 4:34 p.m.

Had some free time this weekend, so I used it to work on the Sentra.

Started by installing my progress 22mm rear bar.

It was pretty straight forward and went on with out issue.

Since I had the wheels off I decided to clean and paint them.

Happy with how they came out.

Ended the day by repairing a mostly un-cracked base model dash i found in the junk yard.  Hopefully I can get it finished up this week.

bonylad
bonylad HalfDork
1/16/22 4:38 p.m.

That is a bad ass car! Love the  attention to detail!

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
1/16/22 4:44 p.m.

In reply to bonylad :

Thanks, I have had several over the years.  I am really enjoying restoring this one.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
1/27/22 6:17 p.m.

Dash came out great!

I also replaced the motor mounts.  I didn't take any pictures but it made a huge difference in the feel of the car.  It is much quieter and far less vibrations are felt in the cabin.

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/27/22 6:21 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) :

What brand mounts did you use? I need to replace the rear and transmission mounts on my G20. Cheaped out with Anchor mounts and it rattles like crazy.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
1/27/22 7:02 p.m.

Nothing but the best chinesium!

They are "marmon ride control" from rockauto.  The ones I took out were shot out polyurethane ones, which probably explains the huge difference.  The main engine mount was so ragged out the hole was an oval shape.

B13Birk
B13Birk HalfDork
1/27/22 7:16 p.m.

Man oh, man. I'm so jealous that you have 4 kyb agx AND the Gen2 HyperCos. That's the best setup you can buy apart from going to full coil-overs and they don't make either anymore. I actually plan to call kyb and some point and beg them to bring back the agx. You are making great progress. Can't wait to see how she turns out. Maybe you can make it to the convention again this year! We will be at little talledega. 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
1/27/22 7:23 p.m.

In reply to B13Birk :

I am trying to get her sorted in time.  Once I finish the interior I plan to get it painted.

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/27/22 11:46 p.m.

I love it.

I found a significant change in handling with a lower chassis brace up front. 

That fancy rear one didn't do much on my B13 (although, I made my own). Neither did the front upper bar.

Still stock front sway bar?  Keep the stock front sway bar.  I love that progress bar.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0vkxog9GIZaZR3hqMI3Cw9ooNBgLR0G50MueOd5r29tMslK4deKpqF79n3fd95ok