87 88 89
Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
7/25/18 7:23 a.m.
GTXVette said:

kinda funny, didn't read the ad.  wonder why, really.

His wife was really not happy when they came to get the car. He also stated he had zero mechanical knowledge or skill. I’d guess the reason is somewhere between those two. 

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
7/25/18 7:37 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

He at least use your old pictures from the ad. That's something.cheeky

And I note that it is his wife selling it. Wonder if she got it in the divorce?

lnlogauge
lnlogauge Reader
7/25/18 8:25 a.m.
Ovid_and_Flem said:
Pete Gossett said:

In case anyone really hates themselves, my old car is up for sale again.

Well.....that didn't take long.

It took even less that that apparently. 1 month of ownership?

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
7/25/18 9:05 a.m.

In reply to lnlogauge :

I wonder what he’s talking about?

The digital dash didn’t really work(it just flickered), but he knew that before he even saw the car, and I told him ~$350 and sending it to Brian Batee would get it fixed.The cruise control was pulled off with the carb conversion. 

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
7/25/18 9:09 a.m.

She listed it for $3280 but he has it for $5000. Sounds like he really doesn’t want to sell it. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
7/25/18 9:14 a.m.
Stampie said:

She listed it for $3280 but he has it for $5000. Sounds like he really doesn’t want to sell it. 

But she sure does!

Dirtydog
Dirtydog Dork
7/25/18 11:27 a.m.
Pete Gossett said:
Stampie said:

But she sure does!

Looks like another C4 bites the bust.

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
7/25/18 1:51 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:
Stampie said:

But she sure does!

Pete you should low ball her and then see if you can sell it back to him for a profit.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
7/25/18 3:21 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Lmao! I definitely do not want that car back!!!

Crazier
Crazier New Reader
11/1/18 9:02 p.m.

Your car was much Much prettier than mine :( but Fiona (as ive come to call her) is an ogre... 

Did you realy hate getting in and out so bad? I drove one with a full "intrusion prevention" roll cage that you had to be a contortionist to get in to... You should test drive one.

Crazier
Crazier Reader
11/1/18 9:04 p.m.

Your car was much Much prettier than mine :( but Fiona (as ive come to call her) is an ogre... 

Did you realy hate getting in and out so bad? I drove one with a full "intrusion prevention" roll cage that you had to be a contortionist to get in to... You should test drive one.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
11/1/18 9:20 p.m.

In reply to Crazier :

Getting in wasn’t so bad, but at 5’6” I need to sit so close to the steering wheel that it doesn’t leave much room for ingress/egress. Sliding in wasn’t too much of a problem, but with the sill being as tall as bottom seat bolster it made it difficult to swing my legs up & out. I ended up rolling 1/2-way out, using my hand on the back of the sill. Then I could drag my right leg out & push myself upright. 

Of course, in a parking lot without enough room to open the door fully, it complicated the problem. Since I basically only drove the car to Walmart & back, it was an issue nearly every time. 

Crazier
Crazier Reader
11/4/18 6:23 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

Similar height similar issues... But mine is looking more and more like a track only car.. 

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
11/4/18 7:30 a.m.

In reply to Crazier :

I ran across a serious tutorial on the Corvette forum that explained proper egress and Ingress for a C4 Corvette. Didn't really memorize it but if I recall correctly the proper procedure on Entry is to raise steering wheel, plant right foot in-center of floorboard, face rearward and lower yourself in buttocks first as you swing your left leg in  or some such foolishness. Exit was the reverse. LOL

Crazier
Crazier Reader
11/4/18 7:11 p.m.

I cracked my windshield using it to haul myself out. I slipped and put all my weight on the top corner. Metal flexed just the tiniest bit...

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/2/23 8:25 p.m.

I'm going to revive this 5-year old thread for a pic. 

Jordan was the previous owner of the Vette, who's mom is bought it from. I saw that Bogue Chitto park where he was working when he had his ATV accident had opened this kids trail in his memory. Since we're camping here this weekend(they have some great MTB trails) I figured I'd get a pic & add it to the thread. 

87 88 89

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kZtMWSLAP6oSg8ykuleNBGLlhTLrE9ag3g5Y6jekdIxIkLrrTxC0hM4pV9JUjPyp