JeremyJ
JeremyJ New Reader
10/23/18 12:52 p.m.

Export lights? 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
10/23/18 4:38 p.m.

In reply to JeremyJ :

A set of exports where in there, but for a 2g. But this is what I really wanted. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
10/25/18 11:59 a.m.

Today was get E36 M3 done day on iris car. 
Lets start out with the interior. 

Not new in package glow key showed up. Going to try and get it cut this evening. 

A set of black belt covers. I got 4 but dont want them on the front. 

Moved my aux cord after a TON of investigation.... It took me a while to find where I wanted it. 

To the outside. Got the mud gaurds on. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
10/29/18 11:06 a.m.

Got a free snow blower off Craiglist. One carb kit later it runs, now it lives at work. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
10/30/18 3:35 p.m.

This has been a frustrating week for my purple car, U haul has sent me 3 different hitches and this one was the most wrong.  S550 hitch. 

Plus I have had the joy of dealing with the moron at Arizona Mopar parts. He sent me the wrong badge (ordered purple) and filled the box with a bank statement and a soup beans bag. I got burned out arguing with him and just gave up. Gives me a excuse to buy a white noen. 

On a good note, a seller on ebay posted what i was looking for and my search caught it. Ordered 2 so i could have a spare. 

The wrong one I got. 

The right one I got from ebay. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
11/1/18 9:22 a.m.

On todays episode of whats in the box 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
11/1/18 9:31 a.m.

A snorkel?

EvanB
EvanB MegaDork
11/1/18 9:36 a.m.

Bigger mudflaps?

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
11/1/18 9:41 a.m.

2g radio delete

1g challange axle back. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
11/2/18 10:13 a.m.

Finally got these in. So freaking excited. 

Also hoesed off this bad boy. It makes me way to happy.  I need to paint all the radiator brackets and all that stuff. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
11/2/18 10:44 a.m.

Don’t know if he’d be willing to sell it, but the 98 I sold to Blue in Green Jon had a trailer hitch

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
11/2/18 10:52 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I think, Think is the key word i have found one. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
11/5/18 2:11 p.m.

Friday morning the Mrs. got rear ended on her way into work in the blue wagon. It at worst needs a bumper cover and a exhaust. But since it was undrivable we cleaned the inside of the white wagon along with chaning the oil, checking all the fluids (they were all changed when we got it) and put on the new tires finally. 

This weekend we played with the bucked truck. We ran it for close to 4 hours working the bugs out of it. Its pretty good at this point. 

A buddy of mine took some pictures of his yellow S2000 under our yellow tree... So here is a yellow tractor picture. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
11/6/18 9:11 a.m.

Got the tractor split to replace a input shaft seal. It is a old leather one..... Only lasted 75 years. We had 2 axle seals leak pretty much right after flushing the fluid in it. We think the detergents in the modern oil ate the leather. 

Also finally got these in. Only took like a month. 

Also picked up my new snow tires. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
11/12/18 12:46 p.m.

Got my fancy battery charger finished up! 

Front weight for the hot rod mower added on.

New snow tires mounted and balanced.

Saw myself in a YouTube video again..... Fun. Cant wait to finish filming my part. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
11/15/18 10:36 a.m.

Look at what I FINALLY found! Super excited for this. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltraDork
11/15/18 11:15 a.m.

Looks like you got the right one!  That looks exactly like the one I installed on the 98 Neon.

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
11/15/18 11:26 a.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Had to order it from Hitch Depot from their Alberta location. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
11/26/18 9:13 a.m.

Well long weekend let me get a ton done. 

Did ball joints on both neons. 

Got my hitch installed and wired on purple car. 

Ran all my mowers and small motors to get fuel stabilizer in them. 

Drove the bucket truck to the house. Drove well, it needs front end work bad.... Like really bad. 

We helped the neighbor guy trim his tree Friday afternoon, and it started missing and in general running bad. We thought it was a fuel issue since the ignition system is strong, so we cleaned the carb, changed both fuel filters and put 20gal of gas with heet in it. Came back the next day to clean our gutters and it would not start, the battery was flat dead. 

A quick charge with my charger (love the thing) and it fired up. Soon as it was running pretty smooth we pulled the leads off and it quickly started running bad. After some investigation we determined that the alternator was not charging, so we ran it off my little charger all day, it ran 5 hours on a half of tank of fuel. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
11/29/18 2:08 p.m.

Well the head unit in the R/T has been taking a E36 M3 for like 2 years and it was really bad this morning I pulled the trigger and decided it was time for a new one..... 
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blaupunkt-AM-FM-Bluetooth-Media-Receiver-Toronto/836526302 
I bought this based on reviews online, and one buddy who has one in his TT car. I dont need any super high quality sound, just something better than my 12 year old sony that doesnt like the cold. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
11/30/18 9:38 a.m.

I have started to get a moist trunk in the black car, had to dig out a new set of tail light gaskets.... Im pretty sure I was right. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
12/3/18 3:51 p.m.

That didnt take long. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
12/12/18 9:36 a.m.

Got my sub $10 Blaupunkt  radio installed... I really like it. 

The reason I was replacing it was my 12 year old sony in there was dying. When it is cold it quits working. Good time to uprade. 

Wiring I pulled out. 

New one in and wired up. 

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
12/12/18 11:15 a.m.

A $10 name brand bluetooth headunit?  Whoa, that's crazy! I might have to order a few of those.

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
12/12/18 1:40 p.m.
2002maniac said:

A $10 name brand bluetooth headunit?  Whoa, that's crazy! I might have to order a few of those.

I started a thread on it, some good info in it. 

4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zi2wVUJhRiZL0URzAmlK1hikcNNhoSn2GvwMz9y5z2dpboXUKorII0Af8pSf6bwZ