1 2
Kreb
Kreb UltraDork
5/16/16 11:18 p.m.

Well I'm guilty of neglecting the car, but I have a few strong motivators right now: A - it's going to be summer soon, and a great time for a convertible, B - I'd like to run the California Melee in it in the fall, and C - most of all, once I get it reasonably sorted I can jump into the SP1000 project with both feet.

Right now I'm focusing on the front suspension and steering. The Heim joints and kingpins all have slop in them, the upper a-arm needs to be moved for a better camber curve, and the car needs a new steering rack. The distance between the inner ball joints is much more than it should be, resulting in nasty bump steer. Fortunately through some providence, the Miata rack that I have is almost perfectly sized. I've also bought a gated shifter for the Porsche 915 transmission, which should provide more positive engagement than the Fiat shifter that the car came with.

More to come!

Kreb
Kreb UltraDork
9/2/16 6:24 p.m.

Aesthetically I've always thought that the nose stuck out too far. Also, with 250 or so HP to play with, a wider track and wheelbase would make this less of a beast. So I'm scrapping the entire front suspension and steering while stretching the wheelbase 4 or 5 inches and widening the track to Miata specs. I'll leave it at that for now. Work is underway. Pics soon to come!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qu4SKLt4EZ7HkCL6BSYOxPbiotx4lLshPCoGJCcfziAVEC4Q9qsgdhnf9mnLSMCD