1 2 3
SilverFleet
SilverFleet UberDork
6/19/16 7:29 p.m.

That thing looks like it's straight out of grandma's garage. And I mean that in the best way possible!

You scored a winner here. That thing looks amazing. Now get some late model Mustang wheels and large by huge sway bars and find an autocross.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle Dork
6/19/16 8:51 p.m.
G_Body_Man wrote: In reply to chiodos: I'm looking for a set of TC or HPP meshes.

or find some cop center caps

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
6/19/16 9:13 p.m.

Despite the pictures, my car was rather dirty and somewhat rough when I got it. I've decided to do a basic run-down on what I did to get it looking so good.

Wash with Meguiar’s Deep Crystal Wash

Polished with Meguiar’s Ultimate Polish with the DA Power System

Waxed with Meguiar’s Ultimate Wax with the DA Power System

Polished the hubcaps and chrome with Peek polishing foam

Cleaned the whitewalls with Green Works and an S.O.S pad

Wiped down all the plastics with Meguiar’s Ultimate Interior Detailer

Vacuumed the interior

Shampooed seats and carpet with Turtle Wax Carpet Cleaner with Hydrogen Peroxide

Restored the headlights with Turtle Wax Headlight Restoration Kit

Cleaned off positive battery terminal with a wire brush

Re-painted bare plastic grille slats with generic black paint.

Did it take a bunch of effort? Yes. Was it worth it? 1000% yes.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
6/19/16 10:49 p.m.
OHSCrifle wrote:
G_Body_Man wrote: In reply to chiodos: I'm looking for a set of TC or HPP meshes.
or find some cop center caps

If you want the cop center caps, let me know. Our detail guy at work can probably hook you up.

He makes spare cash buying ex gubbermint Crown Vics at auction, putting all the cop car stuff back on and selling them to wannabee hoodrats.

Apparently if you're a badass in Surrey, you drive a fake unmarked cop car.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
6/20/16 5:07 p.m.

I turns out a 12" Alpine Type R in a sealed box is much bigger than I though. Oh well, at least it came with an MTX 500w Class D amp and was only $200.

chiodos
chiodos Dork
6/20/16 8:30 p.m.

Idk if anyone was prepared for that post...makes sense though because crown vic

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
6/20/16 11:57 p.m.

Well, it turns out the pre-outs on my brand new head unit are toast. Given that Walmart doesn't accept open-box returns on these things and Sony's warranty doesn't apply to Canadians, I'm basically SOL. Time to pony up another $200 for a Kenwood.

SkinnyG
SkinnyG Dork
6/21/16 1:07 a.m.

Alpine. Keep an eye on Visions sales - out near CostCo.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
6/21/16 11:26 a.m.

In reply to SkinnyG:

I've used Alpine before and have had good results, but I really want VCI to match my IP, and in the under $200 price range, Kenwood is the best option at Visions.

ssswitch
ssswitch HalfDork
6/21/16 5:21 p.m.

Crutchfield Canada has also been pretty good to me, depending on the deal you end up getting. Their warranty and returns is definitely top notch.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
6/22/16 11:26 a.m.

Well, I spent way too much ($350 ) but everything works now. From Led Zeppelin to T-Pain, it all sounds great and crisp.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
6/22/16 11:29 a.m.

Oh, I also took her out on her maiden voyage last night. I have never driven a car this easy or relaxing to drive. Everything about it is light, linear, and smooth. I also drove about 30 miles, and used $8 in gas (including the stale stuff) at $1.18 a litre ($4.46 a gallon). My mom bought me a BCAA membership as a present, and apparently you can have any two sandwiches, salads, or burgers at Montana's for $19.99 if you show proof of membership. I'm going to try that out tonight with a friend.

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
6/22/16 12:30 p.m.

We demand more pictures.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
6/23/16 12:43 a.m.

First, I mounted the sub and the amp in a reasonable place to test them out. No dice on switched power. I then ran new cables, and diagnosed it to a bad head unit pre-out. So I got this.

I overspent big time, but it works, so I'm happy.

Even though I can't even use bluetooth for my phone with my current Class 7 license, I now have bluetooth, which means bluetooth audio. Nice, eh?

Bonus shot of the rear for your time, just because.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
6/23/16 11:51 a.m.

I might be taking it on a road trip tonight for a Meat Loaf concert. I've put about 150kms on it as a shakedown test (almost 100 miles), so I think she's ready to munch up the miles.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
6/23/16 5:25 p.m.

Well, I've put 130 miles on it over the past two days, and it's averaged 18 US MPG over those 130 miles. Not bad for a Road Sofa.

chiodos
chiodos Dork
6/23/16 9:21 p.m.

18 sucks....dads got a 2000 town car that always gets over 20 on his weekly 600+ mile road trips and i havent done anything to it.

Time for a tune up

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
6/24/16 12:53 a.m.

In reply to chiodos:

That's 18 in city driving.

chiodos
chiodos Dork
6/24/16 3:50 p.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man:

Ah okay not to bad for a land barge

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
6/25/16 2:34 p.m.

I put on another 60 miles today. You never get tired or uncomfortable driving this thing.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
6/25/16 7:48 p.m.

As I posted in the main forum, I just scored a set of good Nokian i3s with a couple seasons left for $80. Can't wait to get these things mounted next year. They got great reviews for an all-season, and should really help in wet weather, where my Motomasters are crap.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man SuperDork
7/8/16 9:03 p.m.

I should get one of these for the old girl. I can't wait for next week's course! Otherwise, I've put almost 800 miles on her, and she hasn't missed a beat. More pics coming once I clean her up.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DVHKxqoDs7lFu9IVpIZXQtfC3WtHEOkNsWFp03ZU7mLp2974JbAKnZkQvtSpqWOo