1 2
flatlander937
flatlander937 HalfDork
2/4/21 10:49 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

For whatever reason these cars hate putting power down... Well the little it does have. 

I gave Tot a French whore-bath via waterless wash (despite it's paint feeling like sandpaper...) So it looks decent from a distance on track. Have the stuff to run data and get video, so hopefully that all works as planned, if not then so be it. Going to try and focus on just driving and learning the course.

flatlander937
flatlander937 HalfDork
2/9/21 12:01 a.m.

Holy cow VIR was awesome! Had a great time, just need more power. I managed to run a low 2:38 which is insanely slow, but with the lack of power, cold weather, and my first time there, I'm good with. I had a (TT5 driver) friend run a mid 2:35 in my car(with me along for the ride) so it's definitely got more in it. I need to suck it up in South Bend and Hog Pen where he put the most time on me.

Me:

Much faster friend:

I have a video of myself I'll have to upload later this week. Already trying to figure out if I can afford to/shift my schedule around to go back this year. Unfortunately Sunday on North Course got cancelled due to snow, so I only ran Saturday. sad

flatlander937
flatlander937 HalfDork
2/10/21 10:06 a.m.

Video of my best lap + the ones before and after it.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/10/21 10:12 a.m.

I love that your throttle is either matted to the floor or you're on the brake. Feather? no need. 90hp. I absolutely love it.

infernosg
infernosg Reader
2/10/21 1:32 p.m.

This kinda makes me miss my 2. It looks like SCCA will be at VIR for a Track Night in May and I plan on being there in the RX7. I need to look into RaceChrono and see what I can make of it. I have an old car with no OBDII so no fancy throttle/brake overlay.

flatlander937
flatlander937 HalfDork
2/11/21 7:06 p.m.

In reply to infernosg :

You can do an all directions g-meter which, while it won't tell you throttle position, assuming your car isn't Mazda2-level weak, it'll register something for forward thrust. cheeky

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/12/21 8:24 a.m.

In reply to flatlander937 :

the track addict app picked up acceleration for Tubey. 

1 2
Birthdays
Our Preferred Partners
KhftSzirWo019o8uAclG2osu260WhnCj0TzBc8mIPNlNejxwgg61pxuPXiDzNtRt