Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/6/21 2:58 p.m.

In 2019 I bought this from Tod Byram to keep the spirit of Mark Lasota going.  I wanted one of Mark's cars, didn't have it in me to go to the sale, and ended up bringing this home from florida after the challenge.  I miss Mark dearly, but we're making sure to have fun with this car in his honor.  When we were working out the multi angled deal to get the car, Colin asked if mustangs are muscle cars.  I went into the whole muscle car vs ponycar thing with the kids and Abby(5 at the time) looks up at me and says "it's a my little ponycar and we know a blue pony" so without further dudes, may I introduce Rainbow Dash.  

We've worked on covering the pokey tires, aero, painty stuff, maintenance, and safety.  Still will address fueling at high load(it has an $8 amazon fuel pump, we will fix that) but otherwise it's a mechanically solid car with a f cam/gt40 head 5.0 and t5.  

challenge budget:  

car $1200

tires(exempt)$1000

spoiler $0.68

Harness(exempt) $60

drag wheels $50

slicks $100

front runners $100

Stickers $10

flares $20

paint $10

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
7/6/21 3:02 p.m.

Yesssss

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
Gimp (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/6/21 3:11 p.m.

So stoked to see this and run against it.  Just a little over a week away!

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 HalfDork
7/6/21 4:30 p.m.

Wow, it's a real looker! 

Maybe try a can of this in the gas for more better fast. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/6/21 5:50 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Friendship is magic!

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/6/21 6:39 p.m.

my daughters appreciated this, as I have not been convinced to paint any of my cars to their liking lol.

However, the rally car for several years has had this feature, which my then-5-year-old gave me for "good luck"

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
7/7/21 12:02 a.m.

Every good challenge car has a sticker budget. yeslaugh

BrianC72gt (Forum Supporter)
BrianC72gt (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/7/21 1:06 a.m.

Rainbow Dash IS the fastest. 

Worried that I know that with certainty

Party on.. Subscribed.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/7/21 5:34 a.m.

In reply to BrianC72gt (Forum Supporter) :

There's no Brony shame here. 

7/16/21 10:07 a.m.

Wednesday was autocross test and tune.  1 solid run and then fuel pump death.  Last night we(myself and Paul aka Gimp aka Uncle Paul if you're my kids) borrowed the pump and regulator from the Wartburg to get back running for tomorrow's doubleheader event and i took a ride around the block at 9:30 to confirm no more starving under high load.  

this morning i put mirrors on so i am not blind backing up, i value my kids and don't need to run them over.  Thanks to Gumby for the mirrors 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/16/21 10:56 a.m.

awesome. So excited to see this thing living again!

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
7/17/21 12:22 p.m.

In a world that seems to become crazier and more unpredictable every day, it's very reassuring to visit a forum where somebody can borrow a fuel pump and regulator from his Wartburg to get his My Little Ponycar running again.

7/17/21 12:26 p.m.

1:  mirrors are awesome.

2: rain downpour literally as the event is starting and you're in group 1 on grid while the whole track becomes a lake sucks.  We punted, not tearing up equipment today.

9/7/21 10:00 a.m.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/ascc-test-n-tune-3-afternoom-dragway-42-akron-sports-car-club-151191

if anybody wants to join, i'll be at this autocross test day on sep 22nd with Rainbow Dash.  Just have to find out why one of my A7's is flat and hopefully throw a starter on because i think the starter is weak from header heat.  Wrapped it with a starter blanket and it actually cranks now when hot but i think the damage has been done.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HXKQosKyWn5X5x9pDxnVTW52p0nIp60qbgqRm8IdIAuw6sHdFPsoYw8ZAMYW5HYt