3 4 5 6
JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
10/2/15 10:20 p.m.

Looks a bit like a Trimph GT6, I like. Can't wait to see it with the um....other things. (still waiting on an email for the final bit, you asked a question, I answered, but never heard a final determination)

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/2/15 10:22 p.m.

Lol-I love how many of us are tangled up in this thing.

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
10/2/15 10:36 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: Lol-I love how many of us are tangled up in this thing.

tangled? who's tanlged? I never said tangled....I don't know what you mean, I never saw her your honor...

LIES ALL LIES, I SAW NOTHING!!!!

Spinout007
Spinout007 UberDork
10/3/15 5:21 a.m.

I know it's not the parking lot build, but there are definitely a LOT of hands that have been all over and iinvolved with this thing.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/3/15 8:11 a.m.

Yes, there are a lot of people involved in this build. I've got a powerpoint presentation that will eventually present all of them and their contribution.

The current GRMers who come to mind include:

Hands on this year (and previous):

Mr. Joshua

spinout007

JThw8

GameboyRMH

dyntorace

Hands on previous years:

Mrs. Mr Joshua

Derick Freese

Mitchell

Osterkraut

Not hands on, but offered some problem solving help:

MadScientistMatt

nedc

jdmthunderbirdturbo

Pseudosport

Among others... I kind of hate making a list like that, because I'm pretty sure I've missed someone- please forgive me (and remind me, so I can add you to the list!)

But THAT's just the GRMers! There were also a lot of people not on this board who got involved!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/5/15 4:28 p.m.

So, how DARE I take 2 weeks off and ignore this car right before the Challenge!

What have I been doing??

Well, I married off my little girl, and slipped in another project when you weren't looking!

Wedding table build thread

Spinout007
Spinout007 UberDork
10/5/15 7:43 p.m.

You missed one. Mrs spinout007 babysat for wrenching night's so Mrs MrJoshua could help wrench after a sudden adoption.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/5/15 7:49 p.m.

In reply to Spinout007:

Thanks for the correction.

Spinout007
Spinout007 UberDork
10/6/15 6:15 a.m.

I know it's a trivial contribution and all

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/6/15 6:38 a.m.
Spinout007 wrote: I know it's a trivial contribution and all

Without the mad wrenching in the last 72 hours before '08 there would have been no '08 entry (this cars first year). Very appreciated and Nope, not trivial.

WaterfordMan
WaterfordMan New Reader
10/6/15 8:21 a.m.

This looks great. You've got a good eye. Can't wait to see the final product.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/9/15 12:04 p.m.

I just did spreadsheet of the remaining work I have to do.

If I am right, I only have 151 hours of work left to get done in the next 2 weeks, after my full time job, 3 hours a day of commuting to work, and family time!

russian
russian New Reader
10/9/15 6:32 p.m.

WOW, great stuff... Did they allow you to bring a grinder or saw into a junkyard? how did you actually cut it?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UberDork
10/9/15 8:55 p.m.

I have never really liked miatas.

The fastback changes that. It is sexy.

Great read, guys. Good luck on a podium.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/9/15 10:13 p.m.
russian wrote: WOW, great stuff... Did they allow you to bring a grinder or saw into a junkyard? how did you actually cut it?

I used a battery powered sawzall.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/10/15 7:31 p.m.

Today was my big "really gotta get a lot done today, or I'm in trouble" day.

Thanks to local Code Enforcement, I didn't get a lot done. Apparently a neighbor complained, and I spent the whole day trying to straighten up my automotive lawn art.

The good news is my yard and shop look great, and MAYBE I am now in the position to be really efficient working on the car.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/10/15 7:51 p.m.

Yeah, today i was supposed to study double to prepare for spending lots of the day tomorrow trying to build a giant rear wing for that thing and making anti-lag and launch control work on the megasquirt. Instead i watched the kids do Hamlet, did a fair amount of cleaning, and drove to orlando and back in about 40 minutes less than it was supposed to take to scoop up some 13x9 diamonds that may end up on the Mumpkin. Then dinner out with family, outside with the kids to burn off trapped in car energy, and then kids to bed. Now at 9 PM I get to start studying. Blah, whose bright idea was it to return to school after 18 years while trying to help build a challenge car?

Oh well-got cool parts and cool family time. Totally worth it.

jsymonds
jsymonds Reader
10/11/15 10:38 p.m.

Looking good! I removed the seat and cleaned it a few times while it lived in my driveway, does that count as hands on? :)

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/11/15 11:04 p.m.
jsymonds wrote: Looking good! I removed the seat and cleaned it a few times while it lived in my driveway, does that count as hands on? :)

You got credit.

Spinout007
Spinout007 UberDork
10/13/15 8:01 a.m.
MrJoshua wrote: Yeah, today i was supposed to study double to prepare for spending lots of the day tomorrow trying to build a giant rear wing for that thing and making anti-lag and launch control work on the megasquirt. Instead i watched the kids do Hamlet, did a fair amount of cleaning, and drove to orlando and back in about 40 minutes less than it was supposed to take to scoop up some 13x9 diamonds that may end up on the Mumpkin. Then dinner out with family, outside with the kids to burn off trapped in car energy, and then kids to bed. Now at 9 PM I get to start studying. Blah, whose bright idea was it to return to school after 18 years while trying to help build a challenge car? Oh well-got cool parts and cool family time. Totally worth it.

And now you know how I felt a few years ago....

Spinout007
Spinout007 UberDork
10/15/15 9:05 a.m.

1 week left... How much of a thrash are we down to?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/15/15 9:15 a.m.

In reply to Spinout007:

We??

Sleep is over-rated.

Come on up for the weekend if you like.

Spinout007
Spinout007 UberDork
10/15/15 11:03 a.m.

I might be able to squeeze some time out to get up there Sunday, but no guarantees. I'm trying to get everything I need to get sold cataloged by the challenge so I don't have that looming over my head next weekend.

As for sleep. The first year we challenged this car, the week of the challenge I think I got less than 12 hours for the week till Friday night. And two hours of that was when I fell asleep under the car installing PPF bolts. No one kicked me and woke me up, they just went inside and ate breakfast.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
10/15/15 1:03 p.m.

The car is on the lift now, so you'll have a little more space for a nap! Lol!!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/27/15 9:12 p.m.

Final pics are posted here:

Completed pics of the Mumpkin build

Better late than never, right?

3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2w1tIlAhnvhV7QPQwXba1hMDlJqsWyiwa1L0lBgKcIhG3pahAh0cjFAKpnr5n5nC