6 7 8
DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
10/19/19 8:34 p.m.

My quick math says a 15x7, 38mm offset wheel will fill out the wheel wells nicely, but those cars came with narrow wheels by current standards. Will there be enough wheel well clearance on the inboard side ?

RossD
RossD MegaDork
10/21/19 8:03 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Thanks for the info. I am new to this cross mfg wheel fitment thing.

Good call on checking wheelwell. Hopefully the swing axle has given the R8 a deep one.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
9/3/22 10:27 a.m.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) SuperDork
9/3/22 10:49 a.m.

Can one ever go wrong with basket weaves?

I don't think so.

Minilites too. The are my first choice.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/3/22 11:34 a.m.

Not just basketweaves but French ones. Cool to see this one pop up again.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
9/3/22 1:29 p.m.

In reply to crankwalk (Forum Supporter) :

I am not actively working on the car at the moment, but I have been on/off again looking for wheels.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
9/3/22 3:19 p.m.

I had a set of Vial weaves on my diesel rabbit and Rial weaves on my SEC at the same time. Always liked those wheels.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
9/4/22 8:29 p.m.

rattfink81
rattfink81 Reader
9/4/22 10:34 p.m.

I had a set of rial weaves on a 74 bmw 2002 tii I had years ago and similar wheels on a 83 mustang Gt. I dig them but I always liked basket weave wheels so. 

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
9/17/22 10:49 p.m.

In reply to RossD :

That's teh hotness..

Grunion
Grunion New Reader
9/18/22 12:59 a.m.

I had one of those new, kept it for 13 years. In fact we called 'er Grunion, because it was always running. Great cars, very economical, comfortable and reliable, until I blew a head gasket. The engine was small enough that I carried it down the front steps to our house, where I rebuilt it with 100 extra CCs with a new sleeve and piston set (wow, the power!) I never ever replaced the rotors, they never wore out, replaced pads only. Except for Jaguars, nobody then had 4 wheel discs. They all had Michelin X, 135/15 radials. They were bullet-proof and as we knew nothing about dates, we're on the car it's entire life. My mother described the shifter as "...stirring a bowl of pudding with a flexible stick." It had the most comfortable car seats...I put a Delhi alternator in it and rewired the wipers with solenoids for push-button convenience and installed a Smith's tach. That front valence has a lever release in the frunk which drops down the panel and your spare lives in there. It had a gallon glass bottle for a radiator overflow, surprisingly effective.

all the best for the restore, it was a great car and I always wanted a Gordini with its engine, trans, extra gas tank, lights Konis and suspension. Hot rod! Better was an Alpine, but I couldn't afford one even then, certainly not now

6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UX3PRaUJpP3oyBSVrbpQe4rwBo2aaVJ9nulfxmPhkZU8GiRZL2IAzcE8L2CuKKvM