2 3 4 5 6
mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
11/29/18 12:34 p.m.

In reply to llysgennad :

We've actually been to both of those places. The whole family was at Canyon de Chelly two Thanksgivings ago and the boys and I hit Capulin on our way north two summers before that. 

While waiting in the car rider line this morning deucekid#4 asked me if we were going to see any ice like kid#2 and I saw on the 911 trip. He's been carrying this picture around in his head as he thinks of this weekend. I'm happy he gets to add to his own memories starting tomorrow. 

llysgennad
llysgennad New Reader
11/29/18 1:12 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

In reply to llysgennad :

We've actually been to both of those places.

Nice. We stopped at both on the way to the Grand Canyon in May. Alas, we did not drift our way to the top (FWD Fusion).  We went home through Moab/Arches. Gorgeous drive.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/29/18 1:58 p.m.

Seth -

We have one of those platypus mounts. Let me know if you need it for Texas.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/29/18 2:11 p.m.

I have tech update! There was a question at some point about how much weight all the mods add to the car, specifically the turbo kit.

Rufus in stock form weighed 2421 lbs with a full tank of gas. Weight distribution was 50.7 : 49.3.

Rufus in the current form weighs 2478 lbs with a full tank of gas. Weight distribution is 51.1 : 48.9. 

Putting the top down moves about 9 lbs to the back of the car, which is enough to shift 51.1 to 50.7. 

Items that would have affected total weight: turbo kit (duh), brakes (18 lb loss overall!), super-secret test radiator that we've never mentioned in public before, wheels, tires, midpipe, exhaust, factory aero kit and for the rear weight weenies, the rear view camera.

mazdeuce - Seth
11/29/18 2:48 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

It's going to take a lot of my functioning memory to try and remember everything you tell me, isn't it? 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/29/18 4:20 p.m.

I don't know about you, but I keep notes wink You think I remember the "before" weight? Heck no.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy SuperDork
11/29/18 7:03 p.m.

I love this. I spent my 20's in Durango and New Castle (1 hour East of Keith), and all this gives me the warm fuzzies.  Safe Travels. There are always long ways around to be taken if you stay ahead of the weather. 

mazdeuce - Seth
11/29/18 7:56 p.m.

Cookies in the oven. That's a lot of Rolo wrappers. 

We're both packed. Just have to pick up kid#2 from a late night theater thing and then I can lie awake in bed and not be able to fall asleep because I'm so excited. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/29/18 7:59 p.m.

Have a safe trip you're only fueling my lust for an ND.

spacecadet
spacecadet Reader
11/29/18 9:00 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Cookies in the oven. That's a lot of Rolo wrappers. 

We're both packed. Just have to pick up kid#2 from a late night theater thing and then I can lie awake in bed and not be able to fall asleep because I'm so excited. 

OMG, you have a REAL convection heat brushed stainless oven! 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/29/18 9:08 p.m.

Seth asked how many people worked at FM for cookie purposes, I told him 100 people. 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider SuperDork
11/29/18 9:09 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Don't worry Seth, You won't remember a darn thing. I know I didn't. Between the early morning flight and the excitement of getting a new toy yeah...I think I asked Keith about 50 questions over the next months. 

mazdeuce - Seth
11/30/18 5:08 a.m.

5:07. Through security. All is calm at the airport. I'd take a picture of the runways for proof, but it's still very very dark. 

CJ
CJ Reader
11/30/18 5:28 a.m.

In reply to hvoxi :

They are.  Owned by the granddaughter of the founders.  I believe she lives on a ranch outside of Grants Pass, Oregon.

mazdeuce - Seth
11/30/18 8:06 a.m.

This is only Duecekid#4's second plane trip that he can remember. The whole thing is very exciting and he brought his tablet specifically so he could take pictures for Mrs. Deuce. 

Waiting to board the second leg to Grand Junction. Weather doesn't look fantastic on the west side of the mountains, but not bad enough to make us look for a place to hole up. 

chrispy
chrispy HalfDork
11/30/18 8:14 a.m.

I love this story, and the play by play is awesome.  Safe travels!

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Dork
11/30/18 9:18 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

This is only Duecekid#4's second plane trip that he can remember. The whole thing is very exciting and he brought his tablet specifically so he could take pictures for Mrs. Deuce. 

Waiting to board the second leg to Grand Junction. Weather doesn't look fantastic on the west side of the mountains, but not bad enough to make us look for a place to hole up. 

it's customary to include the wingtip in those phots, if you can... for future reference wink

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/30/18 9:52 a.m.

Yeah, you don't want people to think you're just levitating.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/30/18 10:37 a.m.
sleepyhead said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

it's customary to include the wingtip in those phots, if you can... for future reference wink

Seems like an odd place for dress shoes???

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/30/18 10:56 a.m.

This is also probably the right part of the adventure to include this...

mazdeuce - Seth
11/30/18 11:37 a.m.

A good flight. Off to find our ride!

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Dork
11/30/18 11:37 a.m.
John Welsh said:

Seems like an odd place for dress shoes???

when in business class, better bring the wintips

certainly more apropos of quickly exiting the aircraft than some of the feminine footwear I've observed boarding a plane in my days.  Didn't NASCAR allow them as a substitute for fire shoes, as long as you had the right socks?

Dirtydog
Dirtydog Dork
11/30/18 12:12 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

I guess young and full of energy isn't so before the sun rises.   Glad you had a good flight.  Now the fun begins.   Safe and Happy Trails to you.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/30/18 12:37 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

A good flight. Off to find our ride!

Jr sleeps while visions of 7,000 RPM shifts dance through his head.

Daddy's awake and antsy while visions of 7,000 RPM shifts dance through his head  

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Reader
11/30/18 12:38 p.m.

Is Keith picking you up at the airport?

2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6w50mhEaJndYWOqaW71EMUxHfN41MvT0DAWhuqluwpr6mzR0OdyEGlbqZZDPizng