53 54 55
KevinGale
KevinGale HalfDork
8/28/18 4:37 p.m.
DaveEstey said:

Sidenote - time to think about a paint job refresh.  The roll into the woods didn't help things...

I've noticed the same on my car after trips into the woods.  We must need better paint. :-)

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
8/29/18 7:39 a.m.

We could make literally dozens of dollars if we developed tree-proof paint

MichaelYount
MichaelYount HalfDork
8/29/18 4:11 p.m.

The last time I used trees to mess my paint up, my instructor told me that in order to tree-proof my car, I only needed to tighten the nut behind the wheel.  ;)  In my case, my instructor was right!

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
9/4/18 11:57 a.m.

Visual proof that I've managed to soften up the car. Probably too much, but now I can dial it back.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
9/4/18 11:58 a.m.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
9/11/18 8:10 a.m.

The rolling chassis is for sale!
https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/open-classifieds/hillclimb-rx7-rolling-chassis-mine-and-so-affiliat/142966/page1/

I'm ready to move on to new adventures in a new chassis. Yes, the price is ridiculously low.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
9/11/18 12:19 p.m.
wvumtnbkr said:

Unfortunately, I forgot most of it because we went with the 3400.  The intake is definitely a point that will need to be looked into.  Also, check into how the starter mounts.  I cant remember if there is a place to mount a starter if using a FWD based 3800 with the RWD trans.

Supercharger is a no go without major engineering, it hangs over the transmission which is fine in a front driver.

Any transmission that was in a 3800 F body, or a 2.2 S10, will bolt up.  There were no RWD (right side starter) 3800s or 2.2s, GM just made left side starter RWD cases.  (Or dual pocket cases in some S10s)  This is also why the LS4 has a goofy, specific transmission, since Chevy put some important oil passages right where the starter needs to be on the Metric/FWD/V6-60 bolt pattern.  (For that matter, the valley mounted starter on the Northstar is because there was nowhere else for it to go)

Dave, check your e-mail pls!

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
9/12/18 7:44 a.m.

Video of my buddy and Ben hot lapping the RX7 at autocross last weekened. She got a hot supper and didn't miss a beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58IKloRbRj4

53 54 55
Our Preferred Partners
5zrQ2dkA9viyrQtC0EUmvWW82g2eP9aLukY928l2zAwu82TbeCxoyaK0gRcUYnXh