1 2
Box4VIR
Box4VIR Reader
6/23/21 9:21 a.m.

In reply to infernosg :

I'm not a huge fan of Dominion actually, I've run it a few times.  The layout is great, but there are so many rocks.  I've come away with a broken windshield each time.  It also doesn't have a lot of run off.  They do have circuit crosses there which are a great way to get on track for little money, and with only one car on the track at a time your windshield is safe from rocks.   The Boxster will be an antique net year which will allow me to take it to cars and coffee so you might be able to check it out without going anywhere.  I'll stop by next cars and coffee and say hi.  

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Dork
6/23/21 5:28 p.m.

Ive loved those since I first saw them on Test Drive on my Commodore 64.  I would really like to have one some day.  Excited to see pics and read about it as you go through and drive it 

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
6/23/21 8:19 p.m.

Always had a thing for these! Congrats!

Tail lights have me scratching my head... otherwise it’s gorgeous.

Box4VIR
Box4VIR Reader
6/24/21 7:17 a.m.
CyberEric said:

Always had a thing for these! Congrats!

Tail lights have me scratching my head... otherwise it’s gorgeous.

Ya they're going ASAP, factory replacements are arriving today actually. I cannot wait to rip those clear tails off.  The factory ones are off of a Celica GTS interestingly.   They weren't easy to track down and certainly not cheap.  

infernosg
infernosg Reader
6/24/21 7:59 a.m.

In reply to Box4VIR :

Yeah, people seem to have pretty varying opinions of Dominion. Granted, I don't have a lot of experience at different tracks: HPDEs at Mid-Ohio, VIR and Dominion and parade laps at Road Atlanta and Watkins Glen, but I don't think Dominion is horrible. It's definitely not a first-class track like Mid-Ohio or VIR but it's only an hour away so I can't complain too much. I agree about the rocks though. The front end of my RX7 is riddled with chips. I think that's because all the run-offs are gravel.

Unfotunately I'm not going to be able to make this weekend's C&C. Hopefully I'll be out for 7/10 though.

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
6/24/21 8:12 p.m.

In reply to Box4VIR :

Wow, now that you mention it, I can picture the Celtics and Esprit, who knew?!

iammclovin804
iammclovin804 New Reader
6/24/21 8:48 p.m.

Are y'all talking about the C&C at Regency? I'll have to bring my Skyline out one of these days. 

Box4VIR
Box4VIR Reader
6/25/21 4:58 p.m.
iammclovin804 said:

Are y'all talking about the C&C at Regency? I'll have to bring my Skyline out one of these days. 

Bring it out!  What skyline do you have?  I already searched your post history only to find not a single photo!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
6/26/21 11:39 a.m.

Re: height.... Supposedly the chief engineer for the Esprit was 6'6, and he did not want to design a car that he could not drive.

iammclovin804
iammclovin804 New Reader
6/26/21 2:00 p.m.

In reply to Box4VIR :

Just a DD condition 89 GTS-T. I'll try to remember to set the alarm for the next C&C!

Box4VIR
Box4VIR Reader
6/27/21 5:51 p.m.

In reply to iammclovin804 :

What kind of alarm? (Asking for friend) :)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6X2nIJGs7eYpMyxdfmzFbVn1nI7RvcKGrVh8T4DFvJZH68WSYsLeb8bYpTno8Dmn