4 5 6
10001110101 New Reader
11/27/21 8:21 p.m.

Unplug the MAF and see how it acts. They are programmed to run a higher idle if it is unplugged. You'll get some wicked rev hang, but it should help you rule it out. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/27/21 10:06 p.m.

In reply to JohnInKansas :

If it's scrap, use scrap prices. If they're cutoffs from new steel you've saved, use new prices. 

John, I found the old video that I made when offering the car for sale. It includes the inventory of junk that came along with it and could be handy for figuring trades, self-trades, and recoup in case you don't have a good list still. Yes, most of it is junk, but a large amount of junk. Even the engine stand that came with the bad engine. It adds up. I can put it back on YouTube or share it privately if you want it.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
12/1/21 10:39 a.m.

In reply to AAZCD-PorscheHoarder-Jon (Occasional Forum Supporter) :

"A large amount of junk" is accurate.

I think I remember seeing the video in your sale ad, is it still available at the link there?

In reply to JohnInKansas :

At some point between then and now I totally deleted everything I had on YouTube (which is part of Google and therefore evil). After a while I figured out that it is still the easiest video hosting site to embed videos from and free, so I started putting videos back up. I'll upload it again tomorrow and post the link.

Uploading right now... Here's the link: https://youtu.be/xTGywIgCX_I

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
12/2/21 5:04 p.m.

In reply to AAZCD-PorscheHoarder-Jon (Occasional Forum Supporter) :

Awesome.

How did that little Honda work out, by the way? I caved to the dirtbike itch yesterday, two old Yamaha smokers followed me home. You know, in case you got another almost running beater you want to trade. laugh

4 5 6
Our Preferred Partners
MvkqTpIOuKegYlnCkoY5HNV1wcsinVCQ1lFqEB7ieqSFxnsZSiXODlRHbRPRIKYH