1 2
AxeHealey
AxeHealey HalfDork
7/22/20 8:39 p.m.

Me: Yes ma'am may I have another?

Ma'am: No, you absolutely may not. You couldn't handle another light. 

In all seriousness this is now the brightest workspace I've ever had, likely including the driveway in direct sunlight. 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey HalfDork
8/1/20 8:32 p.m.

(Illegal) shed finally got delivered yesterday evening. 

Today I spent a lot of time organizing. Peg board was first. 

I know it doesn't line up on top. I think the peg board isn't square. It's not noticeable now with things hanging on it. 

The shop is just about ready for the first test fit of the Healey. 

Things are coming along. 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey HalfDork
8/9/20 7:33 p.m.

OK, so it fits. 

In some ways it's better than I thought, in others it's worse. Really the only issue is that to work on whichever corner of the E21 is in the middle of the garage (front right in this pic) I'll either need to pull the Healey out or put the back on rollers to make that angle better. Although I measured it, the Healey sticks into the garage more than expected.

I need sorting/storage bins for smaller, misc things and the shelf behind the truck is a pain when I need to get, say, the pop tent out. In non-COVID times that's like 3 times a year but we've been having distanced family dinners fairly often in the back yard which has very little shade until about 7:30-8. 

Some of the peg board has been mounted above the work bench and has a few wrenches on it. I need more hooks. 

Progress.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey HalfDork
8/15/20 7:21 p.m.

Here is the biggest issue so far with the garage. 

My wife almost literally never uses her bike but wants it to be in a spot where she can access it. The blue car and red trike are what my daughter most often plays with. We initially had the trike stashed behind the truck but it became too much of a pain. I need this pinch point to go away and it's just silly to have the trike stored between the garage door and my wife's car. Not only do I need to squeeze to get in and out of the garage but I need to move all this crap to take the garbage out. Ok, it's only once a week, but still. 

I'm going to be buying two Harbor Freight bike lifts for my two bikes in the shed and will likely do the same for my wife. Any suggestions for the car and trike? They can't be like way on top of a shelf or anywhere that lifting over the head is required. My wife isn't very tall nor is she terribly strong...

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
8/16/20 7:45 p.m.

Likely not a permanent solution but at least the trike is out of the way.

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
F9TPuH2hEN8VuKfgtZTabb00dbBnibg5wPMvAZJrBNGqc6UgryR9ceYxwPqq4ZsD