2 3 4
StripesSA1
StripesSA1 Reader
10/17/22 3:33 p.m.

So after receiving them this past Friday, I had to measure them, but they needed slight clearancing at the locating tabs, but before hand, measured them with the lights we use in our company's production vehicles

StripesSA1
StripesSA1 Reader
10/17/22 3:41 p.m.

So after clearing the tabs, I removed the mounting brackets to measure up to the body. 

Before fitting the lights

And after the necessary body mods, some slight bracket modification. The deathwheel was used instead of the die grinder. Nobody will see this behind the grill and bumper

The body mods needed on the right. Similar cuts were made on the left

And the mounting ring..... Mounted

Will get a full frontal photo tomorrow of both lights fitted

StripesSA1
StripesSA1 Reader
10/17/22 3:46 p.m.

On a side note, a team mate of my action cricket team printed a discontinued part for me

He also printed a custom badge to give an idea what's under the bonnet

And a little man that wants to Fast. The Fast mascot wasn't available in South Africa during the VW Mk5 Rabbit GTi production

He just needs some red detailing

StripesSA1
StripesSA1 Reader
10/20/22 10:17 a.m.

Just a quick shot from the front

And a mock up with the grill and spots. Next week, will start installing the new sub harnas that was made for the car

StripesSA1
StripesSA1 Reader
11/7/22 10:23 a.m.

So let me continue to talk to myself over here

Can't wait for this to come in

StripesSA1
StripesSA1 Reader
11/9/22 7:09 a.m.

Christmas came early

A poly suspension bush kit for the FOX

Since I need to take out the rear suspension to take out the fuel tank to find a leak on the hoses, might as well start on the rear. Then the front to replace the 2 year old rubber bushes

StripesSA1
StripesSA1 Reader
3/20/23 1:07 p.m.

So after almost 12 years with this car and some nice upgrades and mods over the years, I may be selling her in a month or two. But here are some of the last photos I took. There will be a bit more to follow

Finished LED headlights, refurbed grill, new bumper and lip spoiler

FOX logo done and fitted

Installed the louvre

Third brake light installed and an E30 Alpine bootspoiler(still needs a couple of screws to be installed) and the tailgate badges needs to go on

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
3/20/23 1:27 p.m.

I don't know why but I hadn't noticed this thread in some time.  How do you like the motorcycle headlights?  The front looks very nicely put together with everything assembled.  

What's driving you to sell the car now?

StripesSA1
StripesSA1 Reader
3/21/23 1:21 a.m.

In reply to pres589 (djronnebaum) :

Just had to use longer screws on the brackets to get better adjustment.

Reason for selling is a long complicated story regarding paperwork that wasn't in order from the seller on the GWM H5 I bought the wife, so we didn't continue payment till proof paper work is in order.

So in the mean time I order her a Suzuki S-Presso from the dealers, which, with a local holiday and everything, will be here by Friday.

And now the seller of the H5 has assured me the paperwork will be ready by end of May. So I see it as an upgrade opportunity. And we like camping a lot, and that was one of the pushing goals in buying it in the first place

StripesSA1
StripesSA1 Reader
3/22/23 5:55 a.m.

Added my tailgate badges today during tea time

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fo27YVOE0zqk0GeI4A6tICghCpee3wwKxh2Kdiz1FM2pLzIdrP3bylEByk3Mx3Vf