niceguy6453
niceguy6453 None
7/11/20 7:09 p.m.

I'm building a 1988 Ford F-150 it's a roller right now but the body is in good condition I want to do a 302 with a c6 trans in it but I have no idea where to start. I went to a tech school for two years so I know a little but I could use the tips an advice an any help with this please

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/12/20 9:55 a.m.

Post up some picks and get started! 

The biggest advice I have is to use a running driving donor. About half the country should have a zillion rusty driving donors for you to choose from for sub $1000.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
7/12/20 9:57 a.m.

I would start by writing out what you want from the truck on a piece of paper.  Get a rough idea, then start figuring out the steps from that point (we can help with that.)

Dont forget to make sure it is safe as you are doing this.  Being able to stop is more important than being able to go.

Will
Will UltraDork
7/12/20 12:32 p.m.

Good advice above. Another thing to do early is take stock of what you have now, IE what's in good shape, what's there but in bad shape, what's missing, etc.

Do you know what engine your truck came with? If it was a 5.0, the wiring will also be a breeze. If it was a 4.9 I6 truck, you'll need to pick up the right wiring harness, computer, etc. from a donor vehicle.

Since a 5.0 was an option in that truck, physically installing one will be a breeze.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cbTJOex6qfI2Lwz6bRcvtFkZrNvrWBtiVJ4GBPXpI10uYpTjbCGnT5t1IpInGxPG