Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
11/16/19 12:43 p.m.

Yes I did the unthinkable.  No it's not getting LS swapped.  Mark Lasota is my co-pilot on this one(RIP).  That is all for now

XLR99
XLR99 Dork
11/16/19 1:09 p.m.

Wow, as a wannabe challenge attendee, there is a ginormous amount of awesome in that picture. 

As the parent of a slightly deranged 20y/o Mustang fan, you need to get that thing under cover before Nick drives by.  I think the blue WITH American flag on the hood may send him over the edge.

gumby
gumby Reader
11/16/19 1:10 p.m.

All in, let's do this!

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/16/19 1:14 p.m.

I’m really glad you got this and not me. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
11/16/19 2:19 p.m.
SVreX said:

I’m really glad you got this and not me. 

It’s a really good thing I’d already priced one-way trailer & tow dolly rentals from Gainesville back to Biloxi. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
11/16/19 9:30 p.m.

In reply to SVreX :

Me too.  Also huge thanks to Dead_Sled for -

A: buying the E55 AMG

B: being willing to drive it florida to ohio with no tags so i could buy the mustang

so for those watching at home we left for NC with a Darth Nader on Tuesday, picked up E55 AMG tuesday night, cannonballed straight through to Gainesville, Raced the Benz friday, sold it friday night, bought the Mustang during concours, and loaded up after the event.  

the car has almost all the mechanical grip in the world.  It turns harder than anything I've ever driven.  Part of it is due to the square 315 A7 setup, the rest is years of R&D from Mark and Tod.  The issues are few, it has a stumble under hard throttle and I have some suspicions as to the reasons which I will attack when it's not winter.  The other issue is it's not fast enough for me, which I can fix quite easily.  The big plan is aero to go with all the mechanical grip, and coming up with something to set it apart.  I have some plans but they're under wraps for now.  We(John Hoopes called me and I said yes please spend my money) scored a bunch of polycarbonate sheet for borderline nothing, so expect some of that to be utilized.  For now, the A7's are in the basement and the car is tucked in for hibernation 

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
11/16/19 9:32 p.m.
Patrick said:

The issues are few, it has a stumble under hard throttle and I have some suspicions as to the reasons which I will attack when it's not winter.  

Acorns? 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
11/17/19 7:04 a.m.
Patrick said:

Yes I did the unthinkable.  No it's not getting LS swapped.  Mark Lasota is my co-pilot on this one(RIP).  That is all for now

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
11/20/19 9:17 a.m.

Went clearance shopping at summit with Curtis yesterday between jobs and scored large time

If if you don’t want to zoom in on the tag, that’s new 3.73’s for $45.  Less than pull a part. 

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
11/20/19 2:36 p.m.

It might be a good thing that I don't live that close to Summit...

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
11/20/19 2:49 p.m.

Totally irrelevant but before I enlarged the picture on my phone I thought I saw a 6-Door Avalanche in the background.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7r5fPWKqObmWl5f7o0K3GFtjn0Z391l8PnWwi4oAeS1rmO2PBlKAsrsawSR3CBF4