3 4 5 6 7
Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
9/25/16 9:32 a.m.

In reply to Stampie:

Agreed, you don't need to be competitive to have fun!

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Reader
9/25/16 10:41 a.m.
petegossett wrote: In reply to sirrichardpumpaloaf: I've always felt this way too. The lack of anyone nearby to form a team with, combined with the realization that I don't posses the correct combination of talent/tools/persistence to pull off a project like this, prevented me from going all these years. So this year I'm heading over to spectate/assist in the parking lot build/whatever else. It's time I meet a bunch of these crazy people in person.

You most certainly WILL NOT assist other teams...

YOU'RE FROM MISSISSIP) as such wellPI...you gotta join the BOLUS & SNOPES CREW. ( well all 2 or 3 in attendance)

Seriously we would love to have you join us. And we fully expect you to make a couple of autocross runs and dragstrip runs if the old Beast holds up.

petegossett
petegossett UltimaDork
9/25/16 12:51 p.m.

In reply to Ovid_and_Flem:

I graciously appreciate your offer & hope to be able to take you up on it - thank you!!!

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
9/25/16 1:33 p.m.

Still not loaded, but ready to finally.

Colin has a valve cover racer now...

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
9/25/16 2:42 p.m.
patgizz wrote: I'll have to wait a day to let it down, and if its nice and the trans shifts i'll try and get it to the cruise night spot Wednesday to blow some minds.

Where at? There's so many nowadays.

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
9/25/16 3:13 p.m.
Knurled wrote:
patgizz wrote: I'll have to wait a day to let it down, and if its nice and the trans shifts i'll try and get it to the cruise night spot Wednesday to blow some minds.

i hit laurel square in brunswick last night, just drove through as my buddies had already left. wednesdays they have one at quaker steak in medina. i'm not into that stuff like i used to be, but it's fun to get one of the cruisers out and take the kids. unfortunately all those vehicles are broken right now. i've been concentrating on the racecar so much the last 2 years that it's taken my time away from getting other crap done. kinda was thinking of pulling the body off the impala and painting the chassis but not sure i want to go through that pain right now.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/25/16 4:01 p.m.

Turns out...I have Saturday off. Hmmmmm.

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
9/25/16 4:10 p.m.

Come on up

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/25/16 4:47 p.m.

I might just well. I'm not gonna be worth much as a wrench, but i have an awesome beard.

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
9/25/16 8:35 p.m.

Lost my winch remote

Gave up on that and just drove it in. I like using the winch cable as redundancy to my tie downs but i was getting sick to my stomach looking for something that i failed to put back in it's place.

Car loaded, drag tires loaded, drag tires for the parking lot build loaded. Have to wrap up my spreadsheet and books, load some tools/jack and should be ready to roll out early Wednesday morning

Stampie
Stampie Dork
9/25/16 8:47 p.m.

What kind of winch? Might be able to borrow one for you here if you need it.

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
9/28/16 7:50 a.m.

Quick trailer mod, aired up tires, feeding kids and hitting the road. Follow along on Twitter @patguzowski or #TeamAlavanche hopefully it's uneventful and there is nothing to post except state welcome signs

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
9/28/16 7:03 p.m.
patgizz wrote:
Knurled wrote:
i hit laurel square in brunswick last night, just drove through as my buddies had already left. wednesdays they have one at quaker steak in medina. i'm not into that stuff like i used to be, but it's fun to get one of the cruisers out and take the kids. unfortunately all those vehicles are broken right now. i've been concentrating on the racecar so much the last 2 years that it's taken my time away from getting other crap done. kinda was thinking of pulling the body off the impala and painting the chassis but not sure i want to go through that pain right now.

Cool. I'll try to check it out next week or thereafter. Saw a get together Tuesday night at the corner of Brookpark and Great Northern, a lot of WEIRD stuff, it wasn't the parade of Chevelles and GTOs and the usual oddball with a perfectly restored '83 Park Avenue, I saw at least two Pro Streeted Opel GTs and a bunch of other oddness I couldn't even identify.

Laurel Square used to be an every-weekend thing for me, back when it was the new site after everyone got kicked out of the K-Mart lot on 303. I realized when I was walking down a row and the bass from all of the import guys showing off their stereos was making my heart beat irregularly, that the site would probably get shut down soon...

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
9/29/16 12:15 a.m.

5 miles from GA line in SC. Sleep time

Stampie
Stampie Dork
9/29/16 6:28 a.m.

You made good time. When we left you guys last year we only made it to upstate SC in one day.

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
9/29/16 7:13 a.m.
Stampie wrote: You made good time. When we left you guys last year we only made it to upstate SC in one day.

We had so much crap to do we didn't get on 77 by akron until 12:15. We left the house at 10 and had to drop off dog(30 min of my mom saying to let her know where we'll be every night) get plates(5) while my wife ran into the store(30). Fuel up then wait in line to pay for my coffee(20), then she and colin needed bathroom as soon as i left sheetz (10 more). Took an hour long sandwich/kid run around break at the wv/va state line.

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
10/2/16 5:50 p.m.

It can't be done, he said

Budget is bullE36 M3 he said

$20xx is a farce he said.

Well berkeley the naysayers.

40.6 autocross

12.16@122.6 quarter mile

5th dynamic score for racing portion

On scales with me in it, 50.4/49.6 front to rear weight distribution. 2747 lbs with me, 5 gallons of gas, and almost full nitrous tank in the car.

$2015.29 spent, the dipstick stayed

Don't expect the car to return, breaking the budget shortly in search of the elusive 10 second pass. Actually nothing will be changed from challenge setup except torque converter right now.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
10/2/16 5:56 p.m.

12 second quarter for $2015.29 is awesome. Great job.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
10/2/16 5:56 p.m.

Your car looked really good in everything it did.

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
10/2/16 6:00 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: Your car looked really good in everything it did.

Thank you for representing us in the general tire challenge! Allowed me to prep the car for drag runs and get the kids cooled off.

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
10/2/16 6:11 p.m.

How was it running? I saw one autox run where it looked like you may have coasted across the line.

How much nitrous did you feed it for the drag runs?

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
10/2/16 6:26 p.m.

In reply to 2002maniac:

I ate all the cones on that one so i just vacated the course and tripped the lights at the finish to not screw up the timing for the next guy

No running issues.

How much nitrous? All the nitrous. Not really

13.3 no bottle

12.4 75 shot

12.24 100 shot

12.16 150 shot

Andrew Nelson gave me some excellent insight as did JmfnB and if Andrew says the car has 10 second horsepower, the car is going 10's. It's up to me to get it there.

Quasi Mofo
Quasi Mofo MegaDork
10/2/16 6:33 p.m.

Pats car ran great and has so much more potential!

I can't wait until he locates a torque converter for a 4.2L Trailblazer!

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero UltraDork
10/2/16 7:47 p.m.

In reply to patgizz:

Absolutely impressive times!

Stampie
Stampie Dork
10/2/16 8:01 p.m.

This really was my favorite car from the weekend. Old school nads to the wall build. Wish I could have gone over the details more.

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M5xkL3UuhObSbJ0kTzd6gmgFzi646NWAa4chau6HWW2XawrupZOnnL1HKR2VmTa5