1 2 3
Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
3/22/19 5:43 a.m.

Today is the day to go get our Model T and Model A from spin_out!  It's Lil Stampie's spring break so Grandma Stampie came down Wednesday to spend time with him. That means we have three generations of Stampies to make today's trip.  Here's us loading up all the towing supplies in Grandma's Roadtrek yesterday evening.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
3/22/19 6:31 a.m.

Yes,  IT'S HAPPENING !!!!!!

(Love the project name too wink)

We want lots of pics please.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/22/19 6:42 a.m.
Indy-Guy said:

(Love the project name too wink)

And, Yo Momma is part of it all??? 

Though, how cool that Yo Momma shows up with her own tow vehicle!!! 

Yo momma's so phat that when she comes to stay at your house for a week she brings her own tow vehicle and helps you pick up two classic cars! 

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
3/22/19 7:10 a.m.

We have donuts and gas so we're off. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/22/19 7:25 a.m.

You without a beard freaks me out 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
3/22/19 7:37 a.m.

When I see Stampie without a beard I always worry that he's running for political office or something equally nefarious. 

As someone who still scans for Model A's every now and again, I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/22/19 7:49 a.m.

Amen. 

I have disturbing thoughts about how to build a challenge top 10 track t.....

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
3/22/19 1:10 p.m.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/22/19 1:46 p.m.

I need to call you about track t ideas.....

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/22/19 1:52 p.m.

Sell me the T you keep the A

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Mod Squad
3/22/19 2:23 p.m.

I’ve watched enough Goodwood Members Meeting vids to be simultaneously jealous, excited and anxious to see where this goes

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
3/22/19 2:49 p.m.

stafford1500
stafford1500 Dork
3/22/19 2:50 p.m.

Project cars, on trailer, at gas station.

Check

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
3/22/19 2:53 p.m.

My view for the next 170 miles.

Fladiver64
Fladiver64 Reader
3/22/19 3:38 p.m.

I thought I had dibs on T. laugh I did speak briefly to stampie at the yard sale, and said when he was finished with the t I would be interested. Looks like a lot of fun on a trailer.

Crackers
Crackers Dork
3/22/19 4:33 p.m.

Rad. Turbo or bust! 

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
3/22/19 8:17 p.m.

Home and everything unloaded. I'm beat. Debrief later. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/22/19 8:22 p.m.

Hopefully you debrief before you shower

spin_out
spin_out HalfDork
3/23/19 7:25 a.m.

Hopefully you have plenty of sell off.  Best wishes on the projects.  

I do want to see lil stampie dominating at the Valve Cover Races this year.  This year’s trophy is big.  

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
3/23/19 7:32 a.m.

I want to thank Mark for letting me have these two cars. He's been a wonderful caretaker of them and for him to let me continue that is a honor. Is been great talking with him these months and learning the history of the cars especially the T.

I'm still formulating plans for both of them but for those wanting the T don't hold your breath. Every time I made a turn yesterday I looked back and said "Man I love that T!"  In my sales pitch to Mark I promised to run it in the Challenge and getting it ready is the main focus of Team Stampie right now.  

While I'm in love with the T itself it's different with the A. I'm in love with what I want to make the A into. I've always wanted a traditional hotrod. That means American OHV pushrod V8. I don't like cookie cutter hot rods so SBC is out.  I do have a 70 Cadillac 472 looking for a home and I have a line on a Ford truck with a 390FE engine also. I'll do some pondering on this.

We couldn't pick up all the extras yesterday so we're heading back this morning to grab the rest plus some free scrap that Danny is giving us.

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
3/23/19 7:46 a.m.

Looking forward to these projects!

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
3/23/19 8:12 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

--- Certificate for 1 weekend of welding and metal fabrication in Jacksonville. Redeemable only by Stampie and Lil Stampie. Not valid with other offers. Subject to term and conditions. Explicitly prohibited in the state of California --- 

Use wisely wink

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
3/23/19 8:20 a.m.

This Thread is a testament to a mother's love.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
3/23/19 8:59 a.m.

Push rod V8s... but unique? I would vote for one of the early small domestic. 215 buick or a 221 Windsor and go for a "period correct" look but built for Revvvvvvvs. 

That T looks sweet!

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
3/23/19 4:11 p.m.

Ran back down this morning and picked up the rest. Amazing the amount of shares. Other than a M20 engine/trans combo hidden in there this is it.

Danny gave me a bunch of scrap that his neighbor was going to throw away. Included in that was some bearings that fit perfectly with my idea for a homemade shifter. Hope to drop the T later this coming week and get started on it.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Li1Nkc1JLKO9S99V58iD52JfCIz3IxSxbMxCaTVLYA0FMYz8sKO6T7C9qIjXjF3A