5 6 7 8 9
Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
7/12/19 12:43 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

Not sure that weight is accurate. They were marked $10 a piece but the guy said he'd give me a deal since I got 4. I think he just did the weight and price to give me one free. Btw they haven't found your seat cap yet. 

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
7/12/19 3:40 p.m.

Our black and round tires came in. Actually cheaper than the used tires locally. Took them to the corner tire store that I used to think was owned by a Russian. Turns out he's Jordanian.

They're looking pretty good on the front of the T.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/12/19 3:59 p.m.

Whats the tire specs?

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
7/12/19 4:20 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Lionheart 185/55/15.  I wanted a 23 inch tire to help meet the 1:1 rule. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/12/19 4:26 p.m.

Hmm...

Stupid cheap you say? Im looking for stupid cheap tires. Where from?

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
7/12/19 4:34 p.m.
Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
7/16/19 1:20 p.m.

Normally I design something in my head and hope the finished product turns out half as good as my mind's eye. Been doing this design in my head for a week or so but decided I needed a better visual. The hood lines actually look much better than my mind's eye. This has a 98 inch wheelbase. I can tighten that up if needed.  I'll try to do a side view later.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr UberDork
7/16/19 3:10 p.m.

Cool.  Now it just needs some 5 ribs in front and square fuzzies in the rear and that's 1 bad rc10!

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
7/16/19 6:43 p.m.

So I'm getting better. I've added curves to my stick figures. Realized that the engine compartment was too short for the engine but I was also being to generous with the cockpit. Adjusted those and did a side view.

Agent98
Agent98 Reader
7/16/19 7:53 p.m.

Hey Stampie,

Looks fast already! Keep up the good work

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
7/16/19 9:04 p.m.

In reply to Agent98 :

Thanks!  This is a future plan. I need to get back on Mark's 26 T but it might be a bit. As is normal I've decided to cram 10 lbs of E36 M3 in a 5 lbs bag timewise. At least seeing them drawn out allows me to validate my thoughts and focus on what's at hand. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
7/16/19 9:58 p.m.
Stampie said:

So I'm getting better. I've added curves to my stick figures. Realized that the engine compartment was too short for the engine but I was also being to generous with the cockpit. Adjusted those and did a side view.

Sure looks a lot like a Locost to me. Do you need to borrow my book?

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
7/16/19 10:09 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

I have my own copy.  First edition I think. 

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
7/17/19 4:43 a.m.

What CAD are you using? I see Android buttons under the neath of the work area.

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
7/17/19 5:42 a.m.

In reply to akamcfly :

That's AutoCAD for Android. 

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
7/20/19 12:32 p.m.

Road trip!

First we stopped to see Danny and pick up some extra parts they found. Added bonus was they'd set aside extra Challenge materials they thought we might be able to use. Some stuff is in the tool box. 

Then we stopped and picked up our 1925 Model T frame.

One more stop after lunch then home.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/20/19 12:47 p.m.

I’m still freaked out when i see you with short hair, no beard, or both.  One day i’ll get used to it 

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
7/20/19 5:06 p.m.

Mill and lathe loaded up.

Project "car" and gas station.  I now have two Ts and an A.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/20/19 6:35 p.m.

I shall send you files one day to make pieces

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
7/20/19 7:37 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

One day I shall make pieces from the files you send.

We're home. I think this is the coolest thing we got today. Lil Stampie noticed it on the wall of the garage at Mark's. It's his hand drawn to scale plans for the Model T. I think I'll frame it. 

TVR Scott
TVR Scott HalfDork
7/23/19 11:15 a.m.

Have fun with the new CNC toys!  I've been down that road and it escalates.  What design and CAM programs are you going to use?

BTW, your boy is looking big.  I'll bet you're having trouble keeping food in the house right now.  I know the feeling - my younger daughter (about the same age as Lil Stampie, I'd guess) grew 3/4" in the last 3 months!

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
7/23/19 12:49 p.m.

In reply to TVR Scott :

This thing is old school. It uses G code to program it. I looked and it's like a mix of basic and assembly language. Best example I can think of is it's like using poke and peek to look at memory addresses. 

He is getting big. The other day he was behind me and was able to put his head on my shoulder. He's also being that attitude of he knows better sometimes. I'm cutting it in the bud by telling him that until her gets me in the nursing home I'll always be right and the one in charge. He's a good kid though. I'm lucky he's not as bad as I was at that age. 

TVR Scott
TVR Scott HalfDork
7/23/19 1:24 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Cool.  G-Code and I are good friends.  My big machine runs on a variation.  Each controller is just a bit different.  I was more curious on how you were going to get your CAD turned into G-Code.  Not sure if those machines do 3D or if it's just 2D programming.

Don't forget to buy more milk on the way home...

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
7/23/19 3:08 p.m.

In reply to TVR Scott :

I will find out. To be honest g code looks like it'll be good for a cave man like me. Seems like your just telling the bit where to move to.  So it's like running a mill/lathe by hand but much more accurate and less work. I might even be able to have a drink while it runs. 

TVR Scott
TVR Scott HalfDork
7/23/19 3:54 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

You can totally write G-Code by hand, and I've done it for certain things.  But it's cumbersome and you can be limited on your tool-paths.

Have a look at a program called Sheet-CAM.  This takes line drawings and turns them into G-Code.  It's a cheap program but remarkably powerful and easy to use.  I use it for my plasma cutter, even though I have more powerful options available.

I actually won't drink why running my mill.  Too many factors to keep track of, and mine is 5 hp so when things go wrong E36 M3 breaks!  Welding, fab, assembly: yes, pass me a beer!

5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xABfbQqF6zQLMpcp5u3RES1wjU651nZzEmWDY7XbQ5XMEqUKwWCFhf5RJGMCQqPg