1 2
RevolverRob
RevolverRob New Reader
1/6/21 10:53 p.m.

I was raised a Ford guy. A heavy diet of Mustangs, fast trucks, etc. 

There is a soft spot in my heart for the '70-72 Chevelle, dark blue, white stripes, big block. Always has been since I saw my first one as a kid, before Dazed and Confused was a movie and certainly before I saw it*.

I love this ride. Maybe someday I'll get one of my own. 

*Of course it's a great film and mandatory viewing for folks who attend my collegiate alma mater. A place where some guy, who keeps getting older, is also an alum. 

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 HalfDork
2/13/21 3:36 p.m.

The $42 Walmart  stereo experiment - A Dual bluetooth ready AM/FM Receiver  with 2 - 6 1/2" speakers.

The dash of the Chevelle had a big ol' hole cut in it and I figured the best way to cover it up is with a radio. I have gone through periods of my life where I have spent way too much on car audio, this was an exercise in the opposite. Everything works as it should but it isn't very loud. If I was going to suggest it to someone I would just get the $24 head unit and use an old amplifier to power 6x9s or something. I have given all my old audio stuff away and wish I would have kept a little amplifier to use on this.  Overall happy and can listen to "Burner" music as I cruise.  It is pretty amazing they can make this stuff for so cheap. 

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 HalfDork
2/28/21 10:02 a.m.

Alright, Alright, Alright

Scored some Hotchkis springs and Monroe shocks off CL for $100 - hunkered it down a bit

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
2/28/21 11:21 a.m.

I should work on my Mustang

67LS1
67LS1 New Reader
2/28/21 1:15 p.m.

I love Chevelles. I drive my 66 everyday, work or play, rain or shine. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
2/28/21 1:38 p.m.
1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sl7UEmCec8R2KKJfZizj7lytQkYjOXrHsPv5eOcBTFs58tHz1pDkkPwbNiFubHgv