Georges1991
Georges1991 New Reader
10/16/19 2:43 a.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

As I browse CL and Facebook marketplace I wholeheartedly agree 

logdog
logdog UltraDork
10/21/19 10:04 a.m.

I ordered a 4 inch foam mattress for the bed.  Its surprisingly comfortable.  I want to make a vinyl cover but that is going to have to wait (plus Im not 100% sure our sewing machine is up to the task).  In the sort term I bought a set of cheapie orange sheets and while you don't get the super smooth finish, they work good enough for now.  I need to pick up a throw and some pillows.  I was thinking yellow fur but maybe tiger print?

logdog
logdog UltraDork
10/21/19 10:10 a.m.

Since we lost the spare tire mount by installing the bed I needed someplace new.  It will likely eventually end up on the door, but for the upcoming rally I decided to make a front mount carrier.  I used roll bar tubing cut from our first (totaled) Chumpcar and a tire bracket from a 90s Bronco.  While I was in the junkyard I found a single hubcap that is the style of mine but its the thinner version (there appears to be 3 thicknesses and ours are the medium).  

logdog
logdog UltraDork
10/21/19 10:13 a.m.

For the upcoming Lemons Rally I am going to install the Hootus Skull (great name for a band) hubcap I found at the U Pull It in Columbus over 10 years ago when I lived in Ohio.  I moved the stupid thing twice and finally found a use for it.  I wont be surprised if somebody steals it because its so awesome!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
10/21/19 12:17 p.m.

In reply to logdog :

I wont be surprised if somebody steals it because its so awesome! That would solve all future storage problemscheeky

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
10/21/19 2:56 p.m.

I mean, it being stolen would be the ultimate vindication of your desire to hoard it, right?!

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/3/19 6:26 p.m.

I was in Oklahoma last week for work and picked up these blankets at a truckstop.  They do a pretty good job of helping to blend the Astro seats into the swanky van style. (Yes, I know the arm rests are still visible but comfort wins laugh)

vwcorvette
vwcorvette UltraDork
11/3/19 9:31 p.m.

Just got this. I blame you. In a good way.

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/4/19 9:55 a.m.

In reply to vwcorvette :

If there is one thing I am good at, its being a bad influence!

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/4/19 9:57 a.m.

We had some stickers made up to pass out at the rally.  Unfortunately I drew the picture before adding the front tire carrier.  At least the giant armadillo is factual laugh

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/5/19 6:16 a.m.

We spent some time over the weekend buying blankets, pillows, and a rug.  I really wish I had found the time to finish the walls but doing the mechanical stuff ended up taking more of my time than planned.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
11/5/19 8:25 a.m.

Just read through all 11 pages. This thing is beyond awesome. Great work on it so far. I want to import or buy an already imported diesel toyota hiace van and do similar things. 

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/5/19 11:18 a.m.

In reply to DirtyBird222 :

Im glad you are enjoying it!  Remember...a van is a party waiting to happen!

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/5/19 11:20 a.m.

We will be joined on this trip by Hank the Rally Armadillo.  He poops less than Danica the Rally Cat.  

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/6/19 7:54 a.m.

We added a bit of mood lighting last night.   Amazing what 4 bucks worth of LEDs can do.

beanco
beanco Reader
11/6/19 12:07 p.m.

In reply to logdog :

mood lights= brownchickenbrowncowwink

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/6/19 1:43 p.m.
beanco said:

In reply to logdog :

mood lights= brownchickenbrowncowwink

You know it!laugh

A little video of The lights in action.

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/7/19 8:49 a.m.

The murals are installed.   While they may not be airbrushed, or feature wizards, or chicks in metal bikinis, or fire, or tiger/lions/ligars, we are pretty happy with them.  

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/7/19 8:39 p.m.

Man!  I could get 110% of KBB for this van!

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/11/19 5:41 a.m.

Since Friday night we have driven over 1800 miles down to MSR for the Lemons Rally.  The trip has been pretty uneventful,  lots of cruising right at 65.  We did stop in Texarkana Arkansas at a Walmart to getthe tires balanced Sunday afternoon.  Not sure if we lost a weight or shifted a weight but there was a sweet spot around 62 that gave us a nice relaxing shimmy.  I also had to tighten the alternator belt a tad in Jackson TN.  It would chrip occasionally as loads came on.  Anyway.... off to the start line!

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/12/19 1:58 p.m.

Currently we are on day 2 of the Rally.  Here are a few pics from the journey 

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/12/19 1:59 p.m.

logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/12/19 1:59 p.m.

logdog
logdog UltraDork