4/3/22 9:27 p.m.

As always, loving the pictures!

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/5/22 9:06 p.m.
Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
4/6/22 4:11 a.m.

Now it just needs some aluminum running boards for that perfect Candy Van vibe...

logdog (Forum Supporter)
5/10/22 9:13 p.m.

Checked another state off the map the other day.  The van has officially been to Delaware!

logdog (Forum Supporter)
8/1/22 10:47 a.m.

After spending a few months moving and the van getting stuck in storage for awhile, we took it out to blow out the carb this weekend.  It seems to have developed a vacuum leak while parked because its idling around 1500.  Not sure when I will get a chance to take a look but I will try and get to it soon.

We were able to fit some Michivanning and Indivanning in on the same day thanks to a strategic stop.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
8/2/22 11:09 a.m.

A 1982 vehicle develops a vacuum leak?!  Nahhhhh!  ;)

Glad to see it out vanning around!

Also...in response to your post from May:

logdog (Forum Supporter)
8/3/22 8:48 a.m.
ClemSparks said:

Glad to see it out vanning around!

Also...in response to your post from May:

I know!  I've already filed a Lemon Law case with Ford over the vacuum leak.  And the oil leak.  And the transmission leak.  And the water leak. And the power steering leak....laugh

Antihero
Antihero PowerDork
8/3/22 4:51 p.m.

In reply to logdog (Forum Supporter) :

No fuel leak??

Because that's the next thing I need to look at on the 89 club wagon 

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
8/3/22 4:58 p.m.
logdog (Forum Supporter) said:
ClemSparks said:

I know!  I've already filed a Lemon Law case with Ford over the vacuum leak.  And the oil leak.  And the transmission leak.  And the water leak. And the power steering leak....laugh

So. Many. Vacuum Hoses!

Most people think about music, hair styles, and movies when you mention the '80s.   I see the vacuum hoses.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
8/4/22 3:15 p.m.
Antihero said:

No fuel leak??

Because that's the next thing I need to look at on the 89 club wagon 

Fluid leaks are like Pokemon, Gotta collect them all!

logdog (Forum Supporter)
8/4/22 3:19 p.m.
ClemSparks said:
ClemSparks said:

So. Many. Vacuum Hoses!

Most people think about music, hair styles, and movies when you mention the '80s.   I see the vacuum hoses.

Reenactment of working under the hood on an 80s carb-

logdog (Forum Supporter)
8/4/22 3:22 p.m.

Today was a big day!  While we were transferring the vehicles from PA to MI, I ordered up a personalized plate and it finally came in the mail!

logdog (Forum Supporter)
9/29/22 4:33 p.m.

So I did a thing.  Ever impulse buy a part you know you won't need for awhile?

I've been seeing rumblings about how the Offy intakes have been on and off backorder for quite awhile.  If you look now nobody shows them in stock and the prices have really started to climb.  Plus the back order dates seem to bump out before they are shown in stock.

For example Summit shows the C series back ordered with a price of $655

I noticed Speedway still listed them at 400 bucks, with a backorder to the end of Feb.  I was curious if I would be able to lock one in at that price so last Sunday I put an order in.  I was expecting a situation like the rear sway bar where I might get lucky and get the manifold in 6-8 months.  Which would be fine because I have no plans to do engine mods this winter (Too many other things going on to open that can of worms) and I am still figuring out exactly how deep I want to go when the time comes.    Or I would get an email saying "Sorry, price increased.  Pay up sucka!".

Anyway, Monday morning I got an email that it shipped.  Wasnt expecting that! 

Today the UPS dude dropped it off.

This is going to look GREAT sitting on my shelf for awhile.  laugh

Because that intake looks so good sitting on the shelf, I bought a carb to look good next to it.  The plan is to make the swap over the winter.  I have some concerns about clearance to the doghouse.  I saw some pics of the offy intake with a Holley 2 barrel in a 3rd gen Econoline so I am optimistic. 

I have my new carb adjustment guy ready to help.  He is really in tune with old dinosaur era technology.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/30/22 7:37 a.m.

What a great picture laugh

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
9/30/22 10:05 a.m.
logdog (Forum Supporter):
I have my new carb adjustment guy ready to help.  He is really in tune with old dinosaur era technology.

Hey! I resemble that remark!!!

logdog (Forum Supporter)
9/30/22 1:48 p.m.
Recon1342 said:
logdog (Forum Supporter):

Hey! I resemble that remark!!!

The hardest part is finding little tiny white New Balance sneakers in his size.

22 23 24

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oiuq7JMZC9JfibUY3PknCW2WEX6b2UdrCz4zvzf8TZuhi1n0JhvvsJlhU1yvLSMH