2 3 4
docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
6/20/22 9:54 a.m.

200 is running great!  What's kinda strange is for some months after I got it, I didn't think it had all that much power.  Definitely felt weaker than the GX470 I used to own but it's been a few years since I had that, so I shrugged it off.  Then one day while driving, all of a sudden the motor "woke" up and now it feels far stronger, happier to rev etc. 

All I can figure is the guy I bought the car from barely drove it, ~5000 miles a year much of those were probably road trips and he probably didn't break the motor in properly.  Since I've put 5000 miles on it in 4 months, it's finally gotten broken in?

Anyways, it was filthy so I gave it a wash.  Thank god for Adam's Polishes foam cannon and truck wash brush.  All I do is rinse it off, foam cannon it, hit it with the wash brush, then rinse it off again, drying it with a huge micro fiber towel.  Turns out pretty well!  I need to paint correct/ceramic coat it but I'm just not really up to spending an entire weekend doing it plus having to use a ladder.

Then yesterday for Fathers Day, since it was still fairly cool in the afternoon, I went mtn biking.  Rack fits on this so much better than the Golf R, the bike made the R look tiny!  Plus I *love* having the tail gate to sit on and put on my riding shoes, then rest on after my ride.

Next service is the 30k one, which will be a much bigger one.  Oil change, transfer and diff oil changes and lube up the driveshafts

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
7/29/22 4:12 p.m.

Not much to report, close to 27k miles on it now.  Took it to Discount Tire for a free tire rotation, asked them to also rotate the spare tire into the mix.  Very nice to not have to heave those 80+ lb wheels/tires around and they did it for free.  Score!

Went to buy the Beat Sonic Apple CarPlay unit only to find it's out of stock for the next 2 months.  Doh! 

Got an email ping that the bilstein 6112/5160's are finally back in stock.  I'm a little torn here, the stock suspension only has 27k miles on it and works just fine for me, but the bilsteins go out of stock quite a bit.  I'm not sure if I should just buy them now and put them in my basement, to install them in a few years, or buy them and install them now, or just pass on them and take my chances that they'll be in stock in a few years when the truck has 50-60k miles on it...

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago UberDork
7/29/22 4:26 p.m.

In reply to docwyte :

There's plenty of other good options for your LC if the Bilsteins are out of stock when you're ready for new suspension. So you might as well wait until your stock stuff is worn out or you're over it. 

2 3 4
Our Preferred Partners
BUWPKeUFQyDP8DJzlke4rVGfJh6qS9C9ZGaJ5lDOmp52QJ6nWfzSiS5G56ryWDxJ