8 9 10 11 12
NermalSnert
NermalSnert New Reader
7/19/18 7:20 p.m.

Ha Ha! Enjoy your trip! They say it causes dain bramage but it didn't affect me at all.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
7/19/18 9:05 p.m.
Ovid_and_Flem said:

In reply to AngryCorvair :

I thought it grew about 9 inches and turned yellowish green...then I realized I was hallucinating talking to a caterpillar.cool

This turned an otherwise crappy day into an overall win.

Thanks for making me laugh that hard.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
7/21/18 8:14 p.m.

Well, I got something done today at my horribly slow pace.  Got all four calipers, cleaned and bled and working.  Gonna need new front rotors and can turn rears.  Will need pads on all four corners.  Bearings seem ok.

Carpet set will be in next week, so stared cleaning all interior metal.  Was gonna paint rear package shelf, etc as rust preventative but once I cleaned it up no tin worm so gonna just Rustolem floor board before I take it to upholsterers.

Passenger front fenderwell doesn't have as much undercoating but rear is worse.

As I was dropping on jack stands, jack handle flipped and gave me a dime sized door ding.  Called it a day

Don't know why wheels photograph so dark...really much lighter.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
7/21/18 8:31 p.m.

In reply to Ovid_and_Flem :

All the rock chips will disguise the ding soon enough. 

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
7/21/18 8:40 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

All the rock chips will disguise the ding soon enough. 

There's already plenty of those.cheeky

My unreliable glass man is supposed to come by tomorrow to help me with rear glass....we shall see.indecision

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
7/21/18 8:47 p.m.

One other thing. Even though Big And Chunky, these tires on the phone dials are lighter than the 255 40-17 on the rear. Kind of surprise me

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
7/21/18 8:49 p.m.

Wow, Mississippi still hasn't updated their Antique plates, that's the same plate style I had in high school 20 years ago.  I kinda miss being able to avoid road tax, the Indiana historic plates still have road tax unless you register it as "collector's" which limits when you can drive.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
7/22/18 5:06 a.m.

In reply to minivan_racer :

MS by far has the best historic registration setup of any state I’ve been familiar with. My 92 Suburban was ~$60 and the Miata was $37. For life. With zero mileage or usage restrictions. 

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
7/22/18 6:20 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

Yeah....but the actual tag sucks.cheeky

For regular plates, once a car rfeaches 10 years old tag is flat annual fee/tax  ($32) regardless of vehicle actual value.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
7/22/18 7:46 a.m.

In reply to minivan_racer :

Where did you live in Mississippi?

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
7/22/18 9:08 a.m.

I was born in Vicksburg, my parents lived in Port Gibson. we moved to Drew and eventually Senatobia.  I also lived in Pascagoula in 2004.  I moved to Lower AL in 2005 and IN in 2006. I refuse to identify as a Hoosier lol.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
7/22/18 2:30 p.m.

HOUSTON.....WE HAVE REAR GLASS.

a_florida_man
a_florida_man Reader
7/22/18 6:18 p.m.

Awesome. Nothing like water tight for the outdoor storage phase lol....

Great progress!

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
7/22/18 6:26 p.m.

In reply to a_florida_man :

Irony is that now I'm about to clean up my garage from the Vette hack and roll the car in.  LOL  But this will allow me to feel comfortable about finishing the interior.

I really only have two things left on the interior. Install carpet set which I'm having an upholstery shop do. And install leather door cards which I'll do myself once they come in. And the interior will be done!

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
7/28/18 1:26 p.m.

Plugging along with little stuff waiting on suspension parts.  Experimented with some of wheels I have.  Big meat on rear.

I may paint enkei mesh centers black OR sand blast centers to silver and leave unfinished. Although not my favorite style but they are really light...I guess 12 lbs or so.  Way lighter than phone dials.  i have two complete sets of tires so i can switch if i dont like.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/28/18 1:48 p.m.

You will do no such thing.  Mesh wheels shall be gold

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
8/1/18 9:45 a.m.

Like I said, slow going at this stage. Waiting on parts for transmission. To occupy my time I was able to score a rare vintage set of floor mats to maintain the Safari build theme.   Without further comment I share with you my latest find!

Wooohoooo....Front and rear floor mat score!  $11.99 at home depot.cheeky

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
8/1/18 9:47 a.m.

Those floor mats absolutely need to stay!

pres589
pres589 PowerDork
8/1/18 9:51 a.m.

Paint the mesh centers black.  And then put them in the corner of the garage and put the Phone Dials back on the car where they belong.

Not going to comment on those floor mats as I want to maintain a positive disposition.  

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
8/1/18 9:57 a.m.

In reply to pres589 :

Maybe I can replace the black and white houndstooth inserts on the newly upholstered seats with red and black zebra print? In their defense they are more red and black than hot pink and black. LOL

pres589
pres589 PowerDork
8/1/18 10:19 a.m.

More red and not so much pink?  This changes everything!

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
8/1/18 10:42 a.m.
pres589 said:

More red and not so much pink?  This changes everything!

LOL

For those of you who think I've gone completely bat E36 M3 crazy, the interior carpet set is this charcoal gray. It will cover the interior, quarter panels, rear seat back area and parcel Shelf. In other words a complete rear seat delete set. Because 911 are notorious for leaking and accumulating water in the floorboards, the front and rear floor carpeting will be removable and not glued down. The actual front and rear floorboards will be painted a matte black .

The zebra was a fun impulse purchase.  But I may run with it just to mess with the purist Porsche sector. LOL

In my opinion it really looks good with the black seats with black and white houndstooth inserts.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
8/1/18 11:02 a.m.
Patrick said:

You will do no such thing.  Mesh wheels shall be gold

Mesh wheels are one of the few wheel designs that I like painted black. 

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem SuperDork
8/1/18 11:26 a.m.
Pete Gossett said:

FWIW....I'm bidding on eBay for a matching set of slip on seat covers in matching red and black zebra print.  May be new Pascha!!!wink

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
8/1/18 1:28 p.m.
Ovid_and_Flem said:
Pete Gossett said:

FWIW....I'm bidding on eBay for a matching set of slip on seat covers in matching red and black zebra print.  May be new Pascha!!!wink

Perfect! 

8 9 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
92QDeaoGCsFYaazMBQWQMfFbBrzzeZGhFRhm5KzTZ2WDZeADlxBlMhpZERxZLODJ