1 2 3
IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing New Reader
1/30/19 2:18 p.m.
BirgerBuilder said:

But now that you took the strut bar out, where will you iron your shirts? 

Iron my shirts? Who do you think I am Donald Trump LOLOLOL

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
2/4/19 11:22 a.m.

So it seems that the water leak issue may be fixed, took apart the entire front end of the body and covered a few seems, also found a gaping half dollar sized body hole in the fire wall and plugged that. Although it was in an odd spot and don't think the hole was the culprit. I ran a hose all over the car for a while and got nothing. Hasnt rained here much so lets see what happens when it does. Anyway, not much else to report....really scratching my head on where to start......thinking of plasti dipping the hood flat black just to get rid of the god awful design and have been talking to a guy about trading for some OEM SI wheels. 

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
2/5/19 11:39 a.m.

I have a friend with an EM1 and he literally had a gallon of water come in the driver floorboard, which is how i heard about that issue.

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
2/5/19 11:43 a.m.

Good lord, it wasnt that bad, but it was definitely enough to be quite concerned. 

Antihero
Antihero Dork
2/5/19 1:22 p.m.

I think carbon fiber wrapping the hood would be an apt look, kinda seems right in a way.

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
2/5/19 1:41 p.m.

Nah, I have a hard enough time dealing with the completely useless actual carbon fiber that's on the car now, no sense in adding any faux CF just for a look that I already cant stand. Ive done Plasti-Dip before as a temporary solution to covering ugly bits with decent success. So at least I know what im dealing with there. Plus id have to pay someone to do Vinyl and I'm not about that life.

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
2/19/19 7:56 a.m.

OK so the weather has been crap lately here in SC, I haven't had much time to do much with the Glittery Lady, but I did manage to find her a new heart and throw this little project of mine into complete turmoil. While browsing various for sale sites looking for a possible shell for another project I came across a really screamin deal for a K24 Engine out of an Accord not too far from me. No this is not a massively powerful setup, but the Honda geek in me knows that swapping a K20 head from an RSX-S and some minor bolt ons will put this little baby into the 200 hp range. So my simple get-it-up-on-maintenance project is going to become a full blown actual project now. Attached is the only picture I managed to snap after a long day of driving and loading and unloading. It was quote the adventure as I decided it would be a great idea to take all three of my daughters on the little excursion with me. Ill soon be breaking this engine down and going through to see what all it needs to become glorious. And for all of your die-hard fans of the turd that is the rest of the car, be assured that it will stay as horribly awesome as it looks now throughout this transplant.

Not bad for 100 bux

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Reader
2/19/19 11:17 a.m.

I have dreams of doing the K20/K24 hybrid on a CRX- dreams I shouldn't have. Gonna watch this with GREAT interest. But how will you find space for your neon's underneath?

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
2/19/19 12:09 p.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:

I have dreams of doing the K20/K24 hybrid on a CRX- dreams I shouldn't have. Gonna watch this with GREAT interest. But how will you find space for your neon's underneath?

It should be a decent little motor once completed, Oh dont worry, It can fit ALL THE NEON!!!

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
2/19/19 1:00 p.m.

In reply to IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing :

I thiiiiiiiiink it depends on which K24 you have. When I was reading about it (since I have a K24 Accord) word on the street was that you also needed rods/pistons out of a K24 CR-V so that the valves and pistons don't make sweet sweet love. But it might be that there are a bunch of different K24's in Accords. Hondas are confusing. 

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
2/19/19 1:16 p.m.

It will get a new and improved bottom end to handle the abuse it will undoubtedly receive at my hands, I have a build it right-build it once mentality towards things like this. I am new to K-series so this will be an adventure to me and a lot of time will be spent on HondaTech and Kseries dot org. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
2/19/19 1:31 p.m.

Awesome. Super awesome. I'll be following and taking notes as an extra 50hp would make my life better. 

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
2/19/19 1:35 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Awesome. Super awesome. I'll be following and taking notes as an extra 50hp would make my life better. 

Its going to be long and drawn out for sure, Im planning on a DIY port job for the head and all of that. Kinda a super budget lets-see-what-I-can-do-with-this built. But I will post progress

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee PowerDork
2/19/19 1:42 p.m.

Been noodling on what I want in a fun commuter. If it's not boosted, I want high RPM scream. Honda's seem to be the ticket for that type of shenanigans. This isn't helping the arguments in my head. 

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
2/19/19 1:53 p.m.
Mr. Lee said:

Been noodling on what I want in a fun commuter. If it's not boosted, I want high RPM scream. Honda's seem to be the ticket for that type of shenanigans. This isn't helping the arguments in my head. 

Best bang for buck there is, super cheap to buy, super cheap to run, super cheap to insure. And there are so many options to modify. 

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
2/26/19 8:01 a.m.

A bit of an update from over the weekend, finally had a chance to begin working on the engine, got it on the stand and begun tearing down. Not in bad shape from what I can tell so far, obvious oil leaks and a buggered front mount hole, but nothing that cant be worked around. Ive got everything off the engine and have the head partially torn down as you can see in the below pics, just need to pull the balancer pulley and timing cover off and Ill yank the head, clean it up and throw it up for sale as it wont be used anyway.  Im planning on acquiring the new internals this week and having the head off and block torn down for inspection by the next weekend. 

Enjoy a few pics....why the hell not. Oh and don't mind Molly the Moose in the second pic, she's no help at all.

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
6/25/19 11:12 a.m.

So life has gotten heavily in the way of this project, but alas Im back. Done some minor things along the way, finally got the A/C working. Been trying to fix several leaks of various fluids, and now it overheats if not topped with coolant every few days, cant even seem to find where its going. Transmission only leaks if the fluid is full, it seems to kinda enjoy being about a quart low. Anyway, Mrs. IHaveNoClue has an Odyssey that had needed some attention, so now that this is out of the way its time to get back on this sparkly turd. I did manage to pick up a super cheap B18 LS engine as a quick swap in while I build the K series, but havent found a transmission for it yet. I did manage to tear the head down and install new valve guide seals which the PO was kind enough to explain that it burned oil like a diesel train. So a new gasket kit all around is waiting to be reinstalled with a new timing kit and various other maintenance parts. This should be back together within a week or two, hopefully a nice trans. is waiting for me on the Facebook Marketplace or something.

And for those of you still wondering, yes the car is still its hideous multicolor sparkly self and I have decided it will remain just like that, If all else fails, Ill just give it to my daughter in a few years when she starts driving, or at least thats what Ill tell myself while Im driving it. 

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
7/17/19 2:15 p.m.

So this sled is the gift that keeps on giving, the transmission in the car quickly developed a leak, followed by what can only be described as the flood gates open. Removed the trans to replace input and output shaft seals, only to reinstall and have the same issue immediately. Screw it, replacement trans from the salvage yard is 300 bux, ordered and installed. On the maiden voyage home, not realize temp sensor is inop. , over heat and blow the radiator, spilling coolant into the trans cooler portion and immediately filling the transmission with coolant. New radiator and a transmission flush later, all seems good.......for now. Haven't really road tested it too much yet. Fingers Crossed

02Pilot
02Pilot SuperDork
7/17/19 2:48 p.m.

I believe what your car is suffering from is a bad case of Soichiro's Revenge. The symptoms are that the mechanical systems of a precisely engineered and utterly reliable Honda, having been subjected to the depredations of people with credit cards, ebay accounts, and astonishingly bad taste, will suddenly and violently begin to fail. You never know exactly which horrible modification will trigger a bout of Soichiro's Revenge, but rest assured that, eventually, it will. You're not responsible for the actions that brought about the illness, you're just the one who happened to be around when the car decided to projectile vomit.

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
7/22/19 1:24 p.m.
02Pilot said:

I believe what your car is suffering from is a bad case of Soichiro's Revenge. The symptoms are that the mechanical systems of a precisely engineered and utterly reliable Honda, having been subjected to the depredations of people with credit cards, ebay accounts, and astonishingly bad taste, will suddenly and violently begin to fail. You never know exactly which horrible modification will trigger a bout of Soichiro's Revenge, but rest assured that, eventually, it will. You're not responsible for the actions that brought about the illness, you're just the one who happened to be around when the car decided to projectile vomit.

Nail on the head with that comment.......I literally feel bad for this car. Its so hacked together that its almost frightening. Missing half of the bellhousing bolts, motor mount bolts and stubs broken off, the list goes on all were remedied, but I Would never let my kids ride in this car. 

But on a better not, drove it to work today, did fine. new trans shifts well and isnt damaged from the coolant mixing. New radiator works as should. Have a few codes to clear and wiring to clean up, but for the most part I think Im out of the woods, time to get back on the B series swap and clean the car back up, its filthy!

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
7/23/19 12:39 p.m.

And the final nail in the coffin for this turd happened this morning, on the way to work (HIghway) this morning, notice a tiny flicker from the oil light (Pressure). And before I could even react, it went solid. Pulled off the side of the road...checked the oil level, was fine. Attempt to start the car again to see if its a weird fluke, no oil light.....ok.....not too far from work. Lets give this a shot. 2 MIles down the road, same thing.......almost made it........one more mile to work. (Stupid Me) Pull in the driveway, next to the building and I hear the dreaded sound.....Shes knocking like the Police ladies and gents. Im done with her........time to take on a payment and drive a grown up car. 

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
7/23/19 12:44 p.m.

I have the sads for Lady Glitter Sprinkles. 

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
7/23/19 12:53 p.m.
Stampie said:

I have the sads for Lady Glitter Sprinkles. 

As do I, Im debating on keeping it and turning into a full blown project, but at the moment Im really just done with the whole thing. Only time will tell

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
eS9ze81hnWrFW10DGJlAGOSXvHYAeuNMu3Mqe65cZuVsV7vG35GLAUsBy3C5Zio3