1 2 3
IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
1/28/19 10:10 a.m.

This is my first build thread on here, and after getting tired of dumping money into a disrespectful E38 BMW, I'm going back to my High School roots. 

So I drive 30 miles each way to work 5 days a week and having a beater commuter has always been the best way to handle it, so I did what any person that saw the original  Fast and Furious movie in theaters would do, I bought a riced out Civic. Now this car does check all the boxes for a daily commuter, great MPG, fairly comfortable, all the creature comforts work, fairly reliable. That's pretty much where the normalcy of this thing ends. This car was previously owned by the proprietor of a custom paint shop, and apparently felt that this car should be a rolling billboard for his :COUGH: COUGH:  "Skills" . It's too low, too ugly, too slow, and too loud. But I picked it up cheap and the damn thing is starting to grow on me and so far has been a pretty decent little car. On to picture of the little misfit.

Best I can tell it's supposed to be a 3 stage Chameleon type deal, but has metal flake in it that sparkles in the sun. The wheels are terrible and heavy, but the tires are brand new so they can stay for a bit. The interior is super clean, which is a plus, but it stunk like hell when I got it. Took all of about 3 hours to remedy that. There are ricer parts all over this thing, cheap knockoff coilovers, stupid carbon fiber, a strut brace that is barley even attached to anything and a slough of other useless cosmetic mods. The paint job is sub-par at best and the engine bay is a complete mess. Water leaks into the car on the drivers floorboard, and the AC belt has been taken off for some reason. But the PO Assured me that the ac was working but the compressor was loud, so who knows....its 30 degrees here anyway right now.

So tha plan is to clean this rat trap up and make it a solid daily while brining it back to glory. Raise  the suspension back up with some quality parts, get rid of the gawdy carbon fiber bits, clean up the engine bay and get her up to date on her maintenance which im sure has been lacking. Oh and find out why my floorboard could double as a freshwater estuary. 

I will eventually swap it with a more respectable drivetrain because the old hamster turning the wheel has been doing so for 265k miles, and its burning a little oil. 

Feel free to comment with your displeasure over this polished turd, it will only motivate me to work faster.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
1/28/19 10:21 a.m.

This car is horrible and I love it. 

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing New Reader
1/28/19 10:28 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

This car is horrible and I love it. 

It truly is just a terrible little bastard, but its growing on me.

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap HalfDork
1/28/19 10:32 a.m.

I am enjoying this more than I should

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
1/28/19 10:36 a.m.

I wondered how a car could get a stripper name,

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
1/28/19 10:38 a.m.
bentwrench said:

I wondered how a car could get a stripper name,

I have three Daughters under aged 10, it's a character from the movie Trolls....they are obsessed. 

tjbell
tjbell HalfDork
1/28/19 10:42 a.m.

I love the name of the build please tell me the paint is staying

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
1/28/19 10:54 a.m.
tjbell said:

I love the name of the build please tell me the paint is staying

For the foreseeable future, yes it is staying. I enjoy the attention whether its good or bad. And this car is an attention Whore!

rodknock
rodknock Reader
1/28/19 11:36 a.m.

The inner ricer in me really loves that paint. I would definitely rock that with some meaty tires on smaller wheels. 

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
1/28/19 11:40 a.m.
rodknock said:

The inner ricer in me really loves that paint. I would definitely rock that with some meaty tires on smaller wheels. 

Yeah as soon as I can get my hands on some decent wheels Ill sell these. The tires are just too damn new to be in any hurry to dump em.....even if they are HIDEOUS!!

And the paint is in a league all on its own. The hood is done by hand with etching, grind, and paint. Then cleared......the valve cover is done to match. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/28/19 11:41 a.m.

So much polish!   So much turd!  

Dave
Dave Reader
1/28/19 11:44 a.m.

Perhaps instead of modifying the car you could modify yourself to suit it ... flat brim hat on backwards, baggy pants, etc ...

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee PowerDork
1/28/19 11:45 a.m.

Gratuitous engine bay shots or it didn't happen.... I can get into the paint. I had a Montego blue FD that I loved, and still love the color even if SWMBO says "ewwwwww" every time I point it out. 

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
1/28/19 11:48 a.m.
John Welsh said:

So much polish!   So much turd!  

All most too much

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
1/28/19 11:48 a.m.
Dave said:

Perhaps instead of modifying the car you could modify yourself to suit it ... flat brim hat on backwards, baggy pants, etc ...

At 34, it would be just as obnoxious to see me that way as it is to see the car

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
1/28/19 11:50 a.m.
Mr. Lee said:

Gratuitous engine bay shots or it didn't happen.... I can get into the paint. I had a Montego blue FD that I loved, and still love the color even if SWMBO says "ewwwwww" every time I point it out. 

Just you wait, the engine bay in all of its rat-nested self changing oil glory is soon to come.

P.S. Ive always loved FD's too

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
1/28/19 11:53 a.m.

All it's missing is a wing and some altezza tail lights. You can make that happen for like 50 bucks I bet.

I love it.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
Dave said:

This is a good idea.  Sometimes while driving my 92 mustang I'll blast some classic rock or eightys r&b in my mullet hat.

To be fair I did have a mullet in the eightys, but classic rock is dead to me.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing said:
Dave said:

At 38, jnco's and backward ball caps are my youth. So was korn. And having hair.

Im digging this car far more than i should.

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
1/28/19 11:56 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing said:
Dave said:

At 38, jnco's and backward ball caps are my youth. So was korn. And having hair.

Im digging this car far more than i should.

I had a corn patch on my Jansport book bag, JNCO's too, 

I am too, its a terrible terrible little car, I don't even know why but  I love it for no reason

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/28/19 11:59 a.m.

Interesting choice of words:

....my floorboard could double as a freshwater estuary. 

Only because I happen to live rather close to a Freshwater Estuary Research Preserve.  One of only two in the Great Lakes.  Also happens to be pretty much the most southernly point of all the Great Lakes.  

http://coastal.ohiodnr.gov/erie/oldwomancreek

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
1/28/19 12:02 p.m.

The Engine bay in all its horrible glory. I immediately removed that stupid strut tower brace. And the interior, which is now much cleaner, Oh and I forgot to mention, to make it that much  worse, its an Autromatic!!!! That also flushes its fluid automatically. 

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
1/28/19 12:03 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Interesting choice of words:

....my floorboard could double as a freshwater estuary. 

Only because I happen to live rather close to a Freshwater Estuary Research Preserve.  One of only two in the Great Lakes.  Also happens to be pretty much the most southernly point of all the Great Lakes.  

http://coastal.ohiodnr.gov/erie/oldwomancreek

Then you know exactly what Im talking about.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
1/28/19 12:04 p.m.

You really have to zoom in but is the VW rocking Altezza tail lights?

IHaveNoClueWhatImDoing
1/28/19 12:06 p.m.
John Welsh said:

You really have to zoom in but is the VW rocking Altezza tail lights?

Yes it is, one of the techs here thinks it's super cool, he's a young guy, so we just leave it alone.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q6PmOBed06RPsVONMKvewv4Roaji4ouxONmJOTvMsmj657pKTPOqcVW1zmZj9wcr