Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/22/20 4:44 p.m.

If you buy the warranty,  harbor freight will replace the gun free of charge after the epoxy becomes a solid mass filling the cup and gun.....

Love the color!

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) SuperDork
12/23/20 4:23 p.m.

My goal was painted and assembled onto the frame by Christmas, but I ran out of time. I'm stoked about the progress and how it's turning out. I've been going really hard for 4 days and it hurts, so I'm taking a break tomorrow and Christmas. So much sanding... Didn't have enough time with the weather anyway. With any luck, I can resume painting Sunday, with Saturday to finish sanding the cab.

This area is a patch from when I deleted the gas tank filler, roughly 3x3 square. I'm very satisfied with how it disappeared!

Suggestions for pinstripe colors?

nocones
nocones UberDork
12/23/20 4:25 p.m.

This looks great!  Good to see so much progress.  Take your break then get back after it

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
12/23/20 5:10 p.m.

Pinstripe to match the frame, which is white? Yes?

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
12/23/20 5:12 p.m.

OMG that is like, a dream color. Love it.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/23/20 5:13 p.m.

Almost any pinstripe will look good. Purple, brown, lime green, orange.

I think I'd go brown.

12/23/20 5:31 p.m.

Brown and white might be amazing.

java230
java230 UberDork
12/23/20 5:52 p.m.

I vote white and gold 

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/23/20 6:01 p.m.

Cream and dark blue

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
12/23/20 6:08 p.m.

Love the colour and the whole build, but what's with the shop walls? Were 2x6s on sale , or something?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa SuperDork
12/23/20 6:25 p.m.

Silver pin striping?

12/23/20 6:28 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

I think it was a carport conversion

Ognib
Ognib Reader
12/23/20 6:48 p.m.

Your door skin Fab worked out well, kudos,

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
12/23/20 6:56 p.m.

This looks great! Love the color choice. 

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
12/23/20 7:15 p.m.
maschinenbau (I live here) said:

My goal was painted and assembled onto the frame by Christmas, but I ran out of time. I'm stoked about the progress and how it's turning out. I've been going really hard for 4 days and it hurts, so I'm taking a break tomorrow and Christmas. So much sanding... Didn't have enough time with the weather anyway. With any luck, I can resume painting Sunday, with Saturday to finish sanding the cab.

This area is a patch from when I deleted the gas tank filler, roughly 3x3 square. I'm very satisfied with how it disappeared!

I'd go with the creme you shot the frame with for the pinstripes - it would tie it all together without being too loud.

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
12/23/20 8:05 p.m.

I agree with creme for pinstripes.  The green is awesome.

Your shop area looks interesting as well.  Seems like this project is moving along pretty well.

johndej
johndej Dork
12/23/20 8:13 p.m.

Wow, hadn't checked on this thread in a while but that looks fantastic. Just showed some pics to my wife (who incidentally loves that color, is a graphic designer, and now wishes I'd build her something so nice) agrees white/creme and/or navy blue.

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) UberDork
12/23/20 8:13 p.m.

Creme, with gold accents

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) UberDork
12/23/20 10:02 p.m.
84FSP said:
maschinenbau (I live here) said:

I'd go with the creme you shot the frame with for the pinstripes - it would tie it all together without being too loud.

Agreed, has to be in the mix!

mblommel
mblommel Dork
12/23/20 11:07 p.m.

Color looks amazing. What about cream and black pinstripe? Maybe some cool Von Dutch type stuff?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
12/24/20 7:20 a.m.

I have what may be the riciest idea of all time- could you have somebody hand pinstripe it and put Kanji for "powered by Toyota" or similar along the stripe?  Like this but it would all be Japanese characters that you really hope were translated correctly:

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid Dork
12/24/20 7:20 a.m.

This thing is the Rice Rod. Is there a tasteful Ricer paint scheme that you could incorporate to tie it all together?

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/24/20 7:29 a.m.
TheV8Kid said:

This thing is the Rice Rod. Is there a tasteful Ricer paint scheme that you could incorporate to tie it all together?

Definitely needs a rising sun somewhere, even if it's only the shape but not the color. Also definitely agree with a light and a dark pinstripe color together somehow. Von Dutch style FTW.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/24/20 7:30 a.m.

In reply to maschinenbau (I live here) :

You do nice work, kid!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
12/24/20 7:42 a.m.

Maybe an old Toyota logo somewhere?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cJtTwY9GeQ70CIciE1NuXPIqEPjNQaezKWtxIqdHdDzMDa1qSTbv86CsVmbwe5rp