OjaiM5
OjaiM5 HalfDork
1/16/21 5:37 p.m.

Frickin amazing, well done!

nocones
nocones UberDork
1/16/21 6:20 p.m.

That's fantastic.

If the cab is just held on with 1/4-20s make sure they are good ones.  I've had quite a few mysteriously break on the MG.  They are just the garbage grade 2 bulk ones from Rural King but it's probably worth getting some grade 8 stuff with pedigree if it's holding you to the chassis.

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/16/21 6:37 p.m.

Rock and Roll! So cool.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
1/16/21 6:37 p.m.

That is glorious 

Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
1/16/21 7:14 p.m.

Wow, you do amazing work!

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
1/16/21 7:46 p.m.

Wow, just wow.   yesyesyes

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/16/21 7:48 p.m.

<3

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle SuperDork
1/16/21 8:59 p.m.

Just reading your call for help. What part of Atlanta are you in?

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/17/21 7:04 a.m.

Awesome!

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
1/17/21 7:20 a.m.
maschinenbau (I live here) said:

Big stuff happening this weekend. How do you lift a freshly-painted body onto a chassis by yourself? Very carefully...

6 bolts to hold the cab in place. The 1/2-20 bolt goes in from below, with a washer and rubber between the hex and the inside of the frame frame. Another rubber and washer between body and frame. The nut is in the interior. The rubbers are just sway bar end-link bushings from generic Chevy full size.

Got a little close here. I'll have to shave that part down.

Fuel lines need a little more clearance too. Other than that, it fits pretty well!

This shot shows how high the driveshaft is above the floor, hence the ridiculous tunnel.

The rest just bolts in right?

edit: Perfectly fitting that this was the 1000th post of this thread

Two enthusiastic thumbs up yes yes

You've really created an amazing blend of '50's retro and modern rat rod stance.  AWESOME!

p.s. I quoted instead of responding to bring the pics to this for viewing pleasure.

mblommel
mblommel Dork
1/17/21 8:08 a.m.

Love it. Thanks for sharing!

Any ideas on interior? Too nice for Mexican blanket now?

Edit: I went back and looked at the "chopped and channelled" bus seat post. Are you planning to reupholster it or run with the tan vinyl? 

BTW wanted to reiterate the truck looks fantastic. 

Edit edit: Do you have a round number on how much this project has cost you so far? Just curious. It seems like you got great deals on the major components and didn't this start out as a possible Challenge car?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/17/21 8:27 a.m.

Awesome!!

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) UltraDork
1/17/21 10:36 a.m.

In reply to mblommel :

I'm not very sure about interior yet, other than the seats. A few pages back I found some shuttle bus seats to replace the chopped bench seat, which had poor ergonomics and robbed leg room. Mexican blanket style upholstery would still definitely fit the aesthetic if executed right. For now I'm focusing on getting it driving. Carpet, insulation, and upholstery can always be added later. I've got around $6k in this car. Paint and bodywork supplies alone tallied up to about $750.

rustomatic
rustomatic Reader
1/17/21 5:39 p.m.

Dude!  So Miami!

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 Dork
1/17/21 5:49 p.m.

This is fantastic.  Congratulations on getting to this stage.  Now get it drivable and make it even cooler.

In reply to maschinenbau (I live here) :

My idea for the Panhard was to use the back of an old couch and loveseat with a neat bright print.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
1/18/21 12:27 p.m.

OMG she's gorgeous!!!

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/19/21 8:35 a.m.

Beautiful! 

newrider3
newrider3 Reader
1/19/21 11:57 a.m.

Color combination is top notch.

You can't come this far and mexican blanket the seat, it totally needs Cream vinyl with pleats or tuck-and-roll. Or cloth panel inserts (some sort of print pattern incorporating the teal) with cream vinyl surround. 

edit: How about teal houndstooth panels with cream vinyl surrounds? Too much?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
1/19/21 11:59 a.m.
newrider3 said:

You can't come this far and mexican blanket the seat

This is precisely why you should do the coolest mexican blanket seats the world has ever seen.

wawazat
wawazat Dork
1/19/21 1:18 p.m.

Interior with bass boat level of sparkling vinyl seats or maybe just accent bits. 

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
1/19/21 2:16 p.m.

Another of my slightly serious yet slightly stupid suggestions; white denim interior.

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) UltraDork
1/19/21 3:43 p.m.

There are no bad suggestions for interior materials on this page. I am leaning towards mexican blanket short term, since cheap and easy, and maybe some sparkle metallic 50's diner seat vinyl later. 

What about floors and walls? I presume dyna-mat or similar at this point, but then what on top of it? 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
1/19/21 3:59 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau (I live here) :

Dunno about floors, but for the door cards, I'm picturing leather.  A nice tan would offset the creme color, but you'd have to base it off of the upholstery more than that.

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
1/19/21 4:25 p.m.

On top?  Perforated white marine vinyl.  Example: Amazon - some white vinyl

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RANRKwP6C0AjNp2jEQyCmFwPTOsGPTuuLuXx0RdezPFTMnpU5Y8p7ChLC5wGSouQ