Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/2/19 7:40 a.m.

I got the sanding pad and use mine as an electric DA too, did a whole deck with it.  Hasn’t caught on fire yet, maybe it’s just you 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/2/19 7:44 a.m.

I've had mine for 8 or 10 years now. Probably been updated and made much better over the years since mine was made. Or it might just be me. My superhero skill seems to be breaking E36 M3 in impossible ways

Dusterbd13-michael
5/3/19 7:17 a.m.

Cleaned. Detailed. Trim touched up. Patricks grille emblem installed. Front end fixed. I'll have to align it tonight on dads lift.

The drivabeater is BACK.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
5/3/19 8:34 a.m.

That looks REALLY good. The Camaro wheels are excellent. I wonder how they'd fit my square...

Dusterbd13-michael
5/3/19 9:14 a.m.

In reply to Powar :

You'll need spacer wheel adapters to do it. Mine are 1 and 1/4 inch thick front and one-and-a-half rear

tedroach
tedroach Reader
5/3/19 9:50 a.m.

Looks good! Have you taken it out for a test drive to see if all the changes fixed your problem?

Crackers
Crackers Dork
5/3/19 10:00 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I've had mine for 8 or 10 years now. Probably been updated and made much better over the years since mine was made. Or it might just be me. My superhero skill seems to be breaking E36 M3 in impossible ways

Harbor Freight is like a box of chocolates. 

I had a friend with a $14 angle grinder (like 22 years ago) thing ran perfectly for over a year. I went through 4 in a week before I asked for my money back. 

Spent more on fuel than I would have on a Makita at the time, and haven't bought another power tool from them since. 

For all I know, that friend still uses his. LOL

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
5/3/19 10:31 a.m.

Your interior is 10000x better than mine.

Dusterbd13-michael
5/3/19 10:36 a.m.

In reply to tedroach :

I did about 20 miles. Definitely needs alignment, but im VERY confident its fixed.

Brett: i know a guy....

TVR Scott
TVR Scott HalfDork
5/3/19 3:14 p.m.

Truck looks awesome.  And I'm really happy to hear that you've managed to get rid of the steering woes.  Great way to start the weekend!

Dusterbd13-michael
5/3/19 4:02 p.m.

In reply to TVR Scott :

Amen! Another 30 miles down to dads place. Little wandering at speed, but the best the truck has EVER driven in my ownership. Time to check the alignment!

Im actually going to hope for a toe-and-go to see what each setting change does. That way i can bring it back to baseline if necessary.

Dusterbd13-michael
5/3/19 6:38 p.m.

So, toe and go!

Best this damn truck has ever driven! Dad drove it and gave it his fatherly seal of approval as well. So we're going to call this chapter fixed.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ Dork
5/4/19 6:39 a.m.

I’d rather drive that than any brand new PU I’ve seen.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/4/19 7:52 a.m.

The bow tie is perfect.

i have the early one too stashed away new in the gm box along with a new grill for when I inevitably buy another one.

Dusterbd13-michael
5/4/19 7:58 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Agreed. And thank you for declining to buy it for $77 and a ride home. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 SuperDork
5/4/19 9:26 a.m.

Looks great Mike!  I still love the wheels on it.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
6/26/19 9:37 p.m.

This truck drives 1000x better than mine. I've got a benchmark to work towards.

Thanks for letting me take it for a little drive, man!

Dusterbd13-michael
6/27/19 12:54 a.m.

You should have driven it in west Virginia. Particularly south from tamarack. You would be praising yours for being flawless. 

But im happy to have your feedback on it! And tonight was good.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/18/19 1:45 a.m.

Not sure why I never read this thread before. Definitely going to be copying your notes as I start going through my '89. 

Mostly posting so I can find this later when I get home from work.

Also you may have convinced me on the 5/7. Doesn't seem like that much more work than a 4/6 from what I've seen in my googles.

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
7/18/19 4:53 a.m.

God, Michael, those Camaro wheels look great :)  Good job, sir.

BeardedOne
BeardedOne New Reader
9/16/19 6:00 a.m.

I saw this truck yesterday and immediately thought about your truck. It’s amazing what the right stance, right wheels and fresh paint does for these trucks. 

Dusterbd13-michael
9/18/19 2:40 p.m.

Thanks for thinkingabout me!

Mine continues to soldier on. Flat towing, hauling lumber, and looking good. 

Due for an oil change, and time to check the plugs and look for vacuum leaks. Little down on power and economy. Probably check the timing for the first time ever too.

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
9/19/19 12:19 p.m.

new air filter......fuel filter perhaps?

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
12/28/19 8:30 p.m.

I saw this and thought of this thread....

maschinenbau
maschinenbau SuperDork
12/28/19 8:59 p.m.

Not gonna lie, it moved a bit at the thought of T-tops on a GMT400.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fcyCSGPDjZmgureGzt0GaKtN4Wszr7WWQ0KLoCqEYaaul3G7dVl0grIAYDHbBjWh