I'm in Kenmore, north seattle.

JeremyJ
JeremyJ New Reader
5/7/18 10:41 a.m.

Nice, I'm in Kent. 

java230
java230 UltraDork
5/7/18 10:53 p.m.

Found a downside to the shifter mod. Cup holders no longer open..... 

java230
java230 UltraDork
5/8/18 9:05 a.m.

You can in fact fit a set of 205's in the car quite easily. laugh

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
5/8/18 9:12 a.m.

nice!

badwaytolive
badwaytolive Reader
5/8/18 11:09 a.m.

Love that shifter mod.

It seems like driving ergonomics tend to be an afterthought in the project car world, when they really shouldn't be. If the controls don't feel good, ain't nobody feel good. Or something like that.

damen

java230
java230 UltraDork
5/8/18 11:46 a.m.

In reply to badwaytolive :

Yeah super simple to do too! Although now that its closer the throw feels longer for some reason. Maybe just my head, or the way my arm is angled now vs before.

java230
java230 UltraDork
5/9/18 9:15 a.m.

Parts for the "MAF mod" have arrived. Its a very simple mod that tricks the stock computer. One of the MR@ Spyder guys did a lot of testing a few years back and came up with it. 

Basically you move the map sensor up 1/4" in the intake, and remove two smoothing vanes, this tricks the car into seeing more air, larger injectors are run to compensate, and 93 octane is run to combat the ignition advance that is added. Supposedly good for ~6hp at the wheels.

310cc injectors and a MAF spacer.

Injectors were a bit scuzzy, so I threw them into the ultrasonic cleaner.

Not sure if that really helped much, but the cleaner was definitely yellow.

smokeysevin
smokeysevin New Reader
5/9/18 2:59 p.m.

I had never thought about doing a jar in the ultrasonic cleaner like that. I am going to give it a go later, good use of brain cells!

Sean 

java230
java230 UltraDork
5/9/18 3:11 p.m.
smokeysevin said:

I had never thought about doing a jar in the ultrasonic cleaner like that. I am going to give it a go later, good use of brain cells!

Sean 

Much less solvent needed that way! I got the big cleaner so I can fit whole carbs, but doing little stuff takes a ton of solvent for tiny parts. Put them in the little jar, fill the rest with hot water and done. 

Gasoline
Gasoline SuperDork
5/11/18 10:14 a.m.

Its exact opposite doppelganger is in the opposite side of your world.

2003 mr2 spyder 650$ obo - $650

java230
java230 UltraDork
5/11/18 10:33 a.m.

In reply to Gasoline :

Funny! Lost key is going to suck, they have an immobilizer..... I have three keys that don't work in mine because they were not programed to the car.... 

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
5/11/18 2:25 p.m.
Gasoline said:

Its exact opposite doppelganger is in the opposite side of your world.

2003 mr2 spyder 650$ obo - $650

Damn you! Text sent. It’ll take some hauling but it’s worth it to me. No word back from the guy and I noticed the ad was posted 29 days ago so we’ll see. 

java230
java230 UltraDork
5/11/18 3:14 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Good luck :D

java230
java230 UltraDork
7/20/18 9:15 a.m.

OK Anyone local interested in this car? Shoot me a PM if you are.

Im just not driving it enough to justify keeping it..... I drove it the last two days, its fun, but I just don't drive it much. 

2000 mr2 Spyder, 56k miles on the chassis, ~25k on the motor. Engine was replaced under warranty by Toyota at 20-25k due to pre cat failure (it was a common issue). Manual trans.

Basics:

Salvage title, in my name. I am the second owner, I got it wrecked, when the PO had to move and had not had time to repair it. It has been totaled three times, only twice recorded. The first was font end I believe, and from what I understand from the PO is that it was front clipped. Not sure on the second time, but I did a find primer spot in the rear, third time was rear end (how I got it).

Alignment by Prova Motorsports in Seattle WA, aligns perfectly.

TRD suspension and chassis braces (mid and front and rear strut towers).

Drives perfectly, AC is cold, top goes up and down.

Aftermarket Parts:

Rear control arms, fully adjustable toe upper and lower control arms in the rear. Topspeed racing brand. Eccentric camber bolts in the front.

PPE 4-1 header. Which does cause a CEL for o2 sensor heater. The stock exhaust has two o2 sensors, the PPE uses one, so a harness is made to feed one sensor data two both the Toyota plugs. This leaves only one heater circuit. A resistor can be added to the circuit if desired to clear it, but I chose to not go that route. It’s a catless system, with a TRD exhaust. (i have the OE header if you want to be autox class legal and its needed)

All aluminum Ebay radiator.

Knock off race seat, on rails I made that sit it on the floor. Uses factory seat belt.

Enkei Wheels in a square 205 set up. New tires, less than 100 miles on them. 

The bed:

Salvage title.

A very small hole (~3/8” slice) in the top, its always under cover when stored.

Needs tires (at the wear bars and getting old/hard)

Spare Parts:

Extra set of sway bars

TRD side skits in matching silver

Full dashboard

90% of the entire wiring harness (may be complete, but I have not dug it out)

Factory radio

Original drivers seat.

OE non-TRD suspension, including all brake parts and uprights.

OE Exhaust parts

2zz injectors and spacer for MAF mod. 

Many many more I am forgetting. It was my truck FULL when I got it.

I did all the repairs in my garage/yard. I was going to working/driving rather than show car. Its not perfect (or pretty in places) but it functions and drives perfectly. The rear bumper cover, rear crash bar and decklid were replaced. The deck lid latch was replaced, but I simply made spacers from its original mounting location as that piece is bent. All this is documented in this thread.

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
7/20/18 9:44 a.m.

So...how much? I shouldn't be interested, but you know how that goes.

java230
java230 UltraDork
7/20/18 9:52 a.m.

In reply to Mezzanine :

That's the hard part, prices are ALL over the map on these. CL shows non-running lots of miles for 3k to running crackhead price of 12k, and avg around 8. I was thinking 5 (w/ the salvage title but really low miles), If i were to list on CL it would be 6 probably.... But I am open ot offers from GRM folks if my thoughts are out of line.

java230
java230 UltraDork
9/12/19 12:03 p.m.

Anyone want to buy this?!?! $4800 OBO, just went on CL :(

java230
java230 UberDork
10/31/19 10:35 a.m.

Got an offer of $3250...... May just need to take it. Lots of tire kickers..... I really think its worth more, but maybe not.

java230
java230 UberDork
11/2/19 7:55 p.m.

Sold to a young guy who I hope will get some good use out of it! 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/2/19 8:46 p.m.

Sweet! I hope you did well on it. 

java230
java230 UberDork
11/2/19 10:22 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Did not do well, but it went to an enthusiastic new owner. Just about broke even, but didn't pay for the new project.... Oh well. It's gone and I think its going to be well loved. 

5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8QokKd1emj9s9AOhJwwt4mtSzopsr2MphHHVlbIDBnFY3b3q6YbjnUoX4g2ahqCD