6 7 8 9 10
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/26/22 12:45 a.m.

Signed all the paperwork on the new house today.  Sold the wifes SUV to carmax.... (took 90 minutes, WTF Carmax?), and we had a clean clear title.... no banks to call.  Also filled out credit app on wife's new very large SUV.  We should have it Wednesday or Thursday.  Tomorrow I start new house projects, and I'm still very unhappy about the Camaro damage.  It's off the trailer now and will make the 5 minute drive to the new house once the movers are done unloading everything.  It can stay at the hotel until then.  I'm also now looking for an OEM grey C6 Z06 18x9.5" front wheel..... 

4/27/22 10:34 a.m.

Hobby car #1 is now relocated to MS.  

I am almost done staining the back patio, so the garage floor coating will be next.  

The daily driver fleet change out has begun too.  So long VW Tiguan: you served well.  We drove it 3.5 years put 45k mikes on it, and got back 80% of our original purchase price....  crazy times in the car market.  We put that plus another $10k on the new Tahoe which should be delivered today.  My truck will turn into a Civic Si this summer.  The Tahoe can do the truck and Tiguans jobs with ease.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/27/22 3:15 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

Congrats on the new garage! I hope your wife likes her new house :-)

4/27/22 4:54 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

We both love it.  It is amazing.  It's way nicer than anyplace I ever thought I'd live.  She also got her new daily, family vehicle, tow and camping vehicle too.

4/27/22 9:48 p.m.

5/1/22 10:06 p.m.

Well I found a wheel on eBay.  We will see if it is a genuine Corvette speedline soon.  The Subaru completed rallycross #12 today without any drama to date.  It has definitely paid for itself in fun.  

5/3/22 10:00 p.m.

So when you take your rallycross car to the office you can get dirty.  My truck is in MS, so this is my car right now.  It will be driven to MS this weekend, and then my truck will be my daily again.....  1st world rallyX problems.

If I could rename this thread....  what would I choose?  

5/4/22 11:38 p.m.

I've been conducting more research on the Subaru rallycross car front and I know I need a USDM WRX chassis now.  If I get a USDM 02-05 WRX, I can swap to a JDM motor simply by getting a JDM ECU and adding AVCS control.  This is a whole lot easier than pulling and replacing the entire wiring harness in my RS.  The turbo also has a different front engine crossmember for the exhaust complexity (downpipe etc.).  I don't want to be pulling the entire dash and fussing with the wiring.  I guess I will be selling my RS and getting a WRX after all.  I can afford a JDM STI engine if I want and an easier faster swap path will have me on the road and rallycrossing more often than having to disassemble the entire car.  I'm thinking an '02-'05 WRX with a JDM drivetrain swap is probably in my future as well as other mods for rallycross.  I will also be going to the 4 pot / 2 pot brakes since those can be used with 15" wheels for rally tires.  I may even close a deal on a blaze yellow WRX near me in the next week or so.  If yellow doesn't pan out, I will be doing world rally blue to make a rallycar replica of sorts.  Most parts are available to get the right look, but the prodrive front end for the bugeyes is hard to find and very expensive if you do find it.  JDM STI stuff is pretty easy to locate for these cars though.

5/7/22 1:02 p.m.

Back to the garage theme.  I'm going to coat the garage floor this week.  The floor is clean and I put down ecoetch to acid etch it.  When it dries I can start my color coat of polyurea.  I stained the back patio a few weeks back for those that didn't see the show me something you built thread. 

Back patio.

5/8/22 6:16 p.m.

Sweeping, etching, washing, sweeping, scraping, sweeping, and then using my leaf blower was a bit more prep time than expected.  A lot of building materials (epoxy, silicone, paint, concrete drips, etc) we're stuck to various parts of the garage floor so I did a good share of scraping to make it better.  Ideally, I see why the pros own concrete grinders / surfacers.  If I were going to do this as a business I'd get a grinder.

Color and flakes are down.  It's a lot of work but worth it IMO.  My wife and daughter helped and they broadcast most of the flakes.  Clear with anti skid grit goes down next.  Then 3 full days to cure.  I will park on it on Thursday.  An extra day of curing will not hurt.  

In progress.....

Color and flakes done......

5/9/22 12:14 a.m.

Had dinner, got the clear on, got a shower, soon to sleep and off on the new commute in the morning,

My wife was a real trooper for Mother's Day.  She did it all today.  I'm going to have to step up big time for Father's Day.  

A big garage makes this a real job.  I'm always glad when it's done, but it isn't as easy as it seems.  It's a legit DIY project, but I also get why some pay to have it done.  

5/9/22 8:57 p.m.

It's not perfect but it is really good.  Thursday is the driving test for this floor.  

Backrolling the clear coat is the key.  It's so hard to see the clear though.  It would have been best to do the clear in daylight, but it needed done and I had to work today.  

5/12/22 10:53 p.m.

So much space.  Welcome home Camaro.  

5/13/22 6:52 a.m.

That pic really shows how much bigger it is than your old garage!

5/13/22 12:06 p.m.

Yes it is totally awesome.  The extra 2 ft length is a big deal.  The 50 sq ft storage room will be awesome too.

5/13/22 10:04 p.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:

That pic really shows how much bigger it is than your old garage!

When we were house hunting from afar we got photos and floor plan and measurements of the interior.....  my wife sent the realtor back to get the garage and back porch measurements and photos too.  I'm not sure why realtors don't understand.......  but my wife does!

5/14/22 7:10 p.m.

She's definitely a keeper!

5/27/22 9:33 p.m.

My garage is huge!!!!  This is going to work out great.  The MR2 is the last thing in Dallas.  It comes here early June then I need to start prepping and testing it for the challenge!  

5/28/22 6:41 p.m.

Wow, it looks nearly wide enough for the MR2 if the door was wider?

5/28/22 8:09 p.m.

True.  The MR2 will fit in the 3rd bay easily.  The pod with cabinets and air compressor will arrive next week.  There will be room for all of it and both work benches.  I'm going to put a 2nd set of metal shelves in the storage area on the other side of the freezer too.  The center bay will get a lift at some point.  

Now the wait for a new commuter or hunt continues.  

6/5/22 10:20 p.m.

Well the fleet will be seeing more changes.  I will be towing the MR2 from TX to MS this week.  The truck is going to turn into a Civic Si soon, and the Subaru RS is for sale cheap.  

It appears I'm very likely buying this.  

It's a full rally build, so I'm going to be driving a lot for rallycross or trying to help get a new venue closer to the new house.  

6/6/22 9:15 a.m.

Sweet!

6/7/22 11:27 p.m.

Deposit made, Carfax checked....  working on logistics and waiting on relocation bonus.  Need the RS sold.  I may also sell the MR2, or it will likely be sold post challenge.  

6/11/22 1:41 p.m.

Well my truck is sold and my new commuter is a Honda.  Here all four of my cars plus we have the wife's Tahoe.  The fleet has changed drastically.  

My wife is on board with selling the Subaru and getting the rally Subaru.  That means the MR2 will likely get sold shortly after the challenge unless I fall in love with it autocrossing it.  

6/11/22 4:55 p.m.

A blue Subaru is sure going to look out of place with all that red. 

6 7 8 9 10
Our Preferred Partners
xVyJrX3LWQb2JaC8oc8WiLbE6XHQFU9gzXr6zoTH71wF6zrMZrDSidVKK74u0gvg