SVreX MegaDork
9/27/19 5:38 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

You’ve got a PM

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr UberDork
9/27/19 6:03 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

That sounds like a gearhead with the right priorities!

Good work.  Enjoy the family!

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
9/27/19 7:12 p.m.
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/27/19 7:25 p.m.

Pat- lemme know if I need a plan B. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/28/19 8:04 a.m.

Got the column in last night.  

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/2/19 7:01 p.m.

I think that i will likely surpass the budget limit here shortly, as life is too short to not stick a blower on it because i REALLY want one, so suck on this

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
10/2/19 7:26 p.m.

If there's anything I'm more excited about than seeing this at the challenge, it's seeing it done how it should be, with blower whine.

Can't wait to see what you build for next year wink

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/2/19 8:35 p.m.

You can always take the blower off for next year...

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/3/19 6:00 a.m.

I've looked at that picture a LOT. It's so cool. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/3/19 7:18 a.m.
pimpm3 said:

You can always take the blower off for next year...

The other huge consideration is to get anywhere near 1:1 i’m poking f40 slicks about a foot past the car, and with all the work I did to get the paint and body where they ended up, i’m not about to blast the body with Gainesville parking lot gravel.  I’m going to enjoy my gasser for what I want it to be and not try to make it something it isn’t 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey HalfDork
10/3/19 7:22 a.m.

java230
java230 UltraDork
10/3/19 8:06 a.m.

Gorgeous! 

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
10/3/19 9:17 a.m.

Is the new direction to be a car you want to own and the Challenge is off the table completely?  it sounds like that's the case.  Do you have any interest in bringing it to the event next year just to bring it there if that's the case?

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/3/19 9:30 a.m.

So what you're saying is...Hot Rod Drag Week is this car's best chance of seeing competitive action? laugh

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/3/19 9:48 a.m.

In reply to slowbird :

I have all the makings of a 900hp 6.0 turbo engine build for drag week, just don’t have the rolling car for it.  I’m pistons and a gasket set away and have been piecing it together for several years.

I do have some ideas for next years challenge, but those are under wraps because next year i may need an AMG-like easy button due to the house needing a rebuilt roof structure.  

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/6/19 11:09 a.m.

Trying to push forward a little at a time now that we're in full on prep for challenge mode

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr UberDork
10/6/19 12:48 p.m.
Patrick said:

I think that i will likely surpass the budget limit here shortly, as life is too short to not stick a blower on it because i REALLY want one, so suck on this

This pic should be like every 5th post in this thread.

Amazing.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/3/20 5:41 p.m.

This makes me all tingly inside 

I'm almost motivated enough to set the notcher up and finish my door bars

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
1/3/20 6:28 p.m.

It's official:  It's gone plaid.

And the photos make the car look much larger, like a '54 Chevy, and then you put the two seats in there and realize that two adults would be shoulder to shoulder and up against the doors.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
1/3/20 6:30 p.m.

I was really hoping that’s where those seats would end up. 

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
1/3/20 7:39 p.m.

Those seats are perfect. I call dibs if you ever get tired of them. 

wawazat
wawazat HalfDork
1/3/20 8:28 p.m.

Schwwwinnng!  Looks great Pat!

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
1/4/20 11:45 a.m.

I'm so happy to see this thread pop back up. How to heck do you scrounge all these parts and things? I dream of being this level of resourceful.

Could you have a challenge-priced version AND a balls-to-the-wall version? Like, still build and wire the car for $2000 but stat another motor once the challenge is over? It's so close to being a legendary challenge car as-is it almost feels like a shame to pull out now.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/4/20 12:11 p.m.

Probably not honestly.  As it was i was "self trading" parts before selling them, which as the rules are written is technically allowed but i do not feel in the spirit of the event.  I feel like it would be a compromise of my vision to de-nut the car just to get to 2 grand.  Kinda like how Andrew Nelson was building the x-bomb nova to make the challenge but as soon as that was off the table budget was no longer a concern and there's no turning back.  

I'm looking forward to finishing the car with no compromises(except personal budget) and turning heads and running it locally and bringing the mustang to the challenge.  

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
1/4/20 12:35 p.m.

Understandable! 

So is the plan turbo 6.0 LS? Or something else?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UgwZLwAgd0NTSJzORMZwN0axnNevs3iydlB72UPrvwhFy2kxKv6QuXGSvTRNnA3Q