Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/14/19 5:57 p.m.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/14/19 8:15 p.m.

So anyway.  I want to start assembling the pedals, because the brake pedal is a question mark until the system is built and has fluid in it as at full stroke the pedal hits the floor so I might need to add to the front of the arm and take away from the back.  Also the gas pedal doesn’t exist, i am getting one from one of the dead cadillacs in dead sled’s yard.  Once the pedals are sorted i need to complete the column, which is complete to the firewall but unknown from firewall to steering wheel.  Therefore, before bolting all this stuff in place, i had to paint the floor and inside firewall, which is what i did today.  My lower back is jacked up again, not week in bed like last time but i’m still on light duty.  

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/15/19 8:24 p.m.

I do welds

Main hoop in 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Reader
7/16/19 8:23 a.m.

Sweet!

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
7/18/19 9:08 a.m.

In a sign that I need to clean out my work van more often I found the $2010 Challenge issue in the center console today. Have to share this.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/18/19 9:41 a.m.

Since you brought it back up, i’m laid up again with back issues.  Going to try and get something small done today to keep myself moving.  Moving helps it, but i’m at a point where everything is heavy lifting or requires sitting on the concrete floor.  

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/19/19 7:09 p.m.

Got a whole $5.98 worth of new bolts to take questionable old reused bolts out of the suspension equation and got the shocks mounted after trimming the corners off the u bolt plates, and my back says no more plus it’s about 100 in the garage

bluej
bluej UberDork
7/19/19 9:27 p.m.

Keep eating the elephant! Looks great!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/19/19 9:40 p.m.

Ancient picture.  what would you do about that little guy right there?  I don’t really want to paint the linkages because they’re all coated in whatever makes gold steel, but I had to make the drag link from 2 tubes so it’s got a weld and some dead coating.  Definitely hitting it with the belt sander to smooth it out, but what to do about that effected area?  Mask off and paint it, or suck it up and paint the whole deal? I would rather they stand out in gold against the green axle

TVR Scott
TVR Scott HalfDork
7/19/19 10:19 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Maybe just tape off a few inches at the weld and then paint it a harmonious contrasting color?

Shawneedawg
Shawneedawg New Reader
7/19/19 11:25 p.m.

I agree with tvr but I say stripe the entire undercarriage. Racing stripes on the bottom of a car is something I've never seen before.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
7/20/19 4:37 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Mount a skull with watch battery powered red LED eyeballs over the seam.  

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/20/19 5:19 a.m.

Green stripe. Tie it together with the axle.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
7/20/19 7:49 a.m.

Opportunity missed. 

Step one: don’t show the internet that you welded it already. 

Step two: wrap it in tape with a note attached “remember to weld before challenge”

step 3: during tech just act surprised and add more tape. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/20/19 8:28 a.m.
barefootskater said:

Opportunity missed. 

Step two: wrap it in tape with a note attached “remember to weld before challenge”

Ok that’s funny.  Green probably makes the most sense, i’ll see if there is any left.  The front axle green was from garbage night garage chemical box score.  I just got a ton more but most of it is gloss black trash dollar store cans, and a couple cans of beige rustoleum which would be perfect if i had a camry.  

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/20/19 8:29 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

In reply to Patrick :

Isn’t this teetering on the intentionally E36 M3ty rat rod stuff Knurled eluded to earlier?

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
7/20/19 2:28 p.m.
Patrick said:
AngryCorvair said:

In reply to Patrick :

Isn’t this teetering on the intentionally E36 M3ty rat rod stuff Knurled eluded to earlier?

Minor confession: I didn’t see that post.  If so, then disregard.  Besides, barefoot nailed it.  

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/20/19 3:35 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Carry on, enjoy your authentic dining experiences where you are currently located 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
7/20/19 4:12 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Big bowl of noodle soup With beef and spring onion, plus 5 of these delicious hand-made meat dumplings, was 21 RMB.  At the current exchange rate, that’s about $3.40, and I was full!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
7/20/19 4:32 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

You'll be hungry again in 20 minutes ....

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 SuperDork
7/22/19 8:35 a.m.
barefootskater said:

Opportunity missed. 

Hilarious!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
7/22/19 8:14 p.m.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
7/22/19 8:28 p.m.

As someone who also has a jacked up back, I wish I had half the motivation. Car is coming along awesome.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
7/22/19 8:32 p.m.

Damn, I’m gonna get my ass handed to me this year.

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
7/22/19 8:39 p.m.
Patrick said:

Was....is there a supercharger addressed elsewhere here to ultimately reside where that shiny carb now sits?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
l3efp9yLK6TxGPlttOvQ7NLIODRKdwZst637XP7nf6KFeaZ1NLRWPlHcxo2AOoca