759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
1/16/23 7:34 p.m.
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) said:

Oh hey now - I only broke one.  It's just the video came out this weekend.  Play nice.

my bad I was under the impression these were exploding just by you looking at them......hey  just maybe you'll be the go to guy to do these?

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/16/23 10:57 p.m.

Well, technically, I break one out of every two.....

But 50% is still a pass in these here parts!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/17/23 7:45 p.m.

glue came, windows installed. Shifter completed, neutral safety switch wired to a new relay for the starter, fuel level gauge hooked up and functional. The last 6 wires hanging under the dash are 2 for horn, 1 for usb/voltmeter, and 3 extra circuits to cap and stash up there for future needs. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/17/23 7:52 p.m.

This is getting exciting!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
1/17/23 8:13 p.m.

How difficult was that to bend?

The ducting for "Colin" may require coming in through the side windows instead of the roof like I'd been envisioning.  The side windows are heavily curved like that.  I found companies that sell Lexan side windows pre cut and molded and they cost about what you'd expect, plus shipping from Jolly Old.  A DIY option is much more palatable.  Plus it would look cooler.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/18/23 9:10 p.m.

Carli helped me get the gas pedal bolted through the floor. Also repurposed the original trunk release lever for a throttle return spring mount. Cut the cable to length and put the end on and have a functional gas pedal now.

Dirtydog (Forum Supporter)
Dirtydog (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/19/23 10:08 a.m.

Really like this build.  Keep pedaling, it's getting close.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/19/23 2:42 p.m.

Chopping seat into more of a drag seat 

going to pad it and it'll suffice till I am in a financial position to procure seats I like. I've yet to find any. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
1/19/23 3:16 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

It seems like the only seats that end up looking really good in a gasser are not exactly safe.  Maybe some 60s/70s style bucket seats with headrests are a good compromise.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/21/23 7:35 p.m.

Truck markers

chop up to this

fit to new old stock lenses

they work

madmrak351
madmrak351 Reader
1/23/23 9:07 a.m.

Just finished reading this from the start. What an awesome build!! Mad fab skills and dedication. Hope you enjoy it a lot!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/24/23 7:26 p.m.

We should have a fully functional lighting system as soon as I plug in the last turn signal, which I made after lunch.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
1/24/23 8:48 p.m.

That turn signal housing idea absolutely rules.

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
1/24/23 10:24 p.m.

Curious what the final stance on this car is going to be.  Looks pretty nose up in the most recent picture.

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
Gimp (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/25/23 8:47 a.m.
pres589 (djronnebaum) said:

Curious what the final stance on this car is going to be.  Looks pretty nose up in the most recent picture.

Feels about right for a gasser.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/25/23 10:33 p.m.

made a brake bleeder out of mityvac and a mason jar with a couple fittings. We have brakes, therefore we have a theoretically functional car 

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
1/25/23 10:46 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Not going is a problem. Not stopping is a bigger one...

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/27/23 6:52 p.m.

i decided not to berkeley with the hinges

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/28/23 3:13 p.m.

Him, roads are mostly  dry today,  rain tomorrow to hopefully flush the salt off, test drive this week?

Edit ; checked wx, highs in the 20s all week.  Figures...

If you need a second set of hands for anything this week let me know, I'm off this week.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/28/23 6:44 p.m.

In reply to XLR99 (Forum Supporter) :

Come hang out for a couple hours one afternoon.

today started on the back seating area

have to go to my parents to grab another seat and thinking about using one for front passenger seat for now also. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/29/23 6:07 p.m.

Glued trunk weatherstripping in place

moved to the driver's door and figured all those seals out. They're held in place with steel strips that get screwed to the car. I've been having to figure out which of the old seals went where then removing the steel strips and putting the new pieces on with them and some new screws. 

trunk latches came, have to make a plate on the inside to spread the load and hold the screws. Probably going to cut the inner structure off the trunklid because it's bumpy enough to hold the lid off the seal too much in spots. Worst case I ruin it and bodywork/paint the original. 

whoever was asking about stance 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/6/23 5:32 p.m.

Had a emotionally rough week so didn't get much done. My air cleaner came today 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
2/6/23 5:35 p.m.

Getting vibes from an old DOS based street racing game I had... it was set in the early 60s, you could buy and sell parts in the paper, you had to turn wrenches to change engines and carbs and stuff, and anything with an engine over 300ci (327s, mostly) or 3x2 carbs or something gave the car a scoop that looked like that.  And the color reminds me of EGA Green.

...wish I could remember the game's name.

edit: Street Rod.

It apparently has a sequel set in the 70s, and a cult following today.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/6/23 7:43 p.m.

Think i had that on an emulator at one point

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/7/23 9:07 p.m.

XLR99 stopped by after work and we did a thing

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MX1PzmM5al2UJ2Rnd5rweQdOgLJv3SqgETrnI9EfJkLJUcnukaU7KKsrcdbgVNmY