2 3 4
logdog
logdog UltraDork
11/6/17 7:55 p.m.
BlueInGreen44 said: more serious (aka expensive) upgrades like bigger wheels and tires or adjustable suspension. 

You don't need any of that for AutoX, RallyX, or trackdays.  Spend the money on a helmet and entry fees

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 SuperDork
11/6/17 9:28 p.m.

Very true. I do have a suspicion that I'm bored with the car after driving it to work all summer.    Or maybe I like Saturns better, or maybe I just miss torque cheeky

In any case, it's not going anywhere until I've had a chance to mount the winter tires and play in the snow.

TED_fiestaHP
TED_fiestaHP Reader
11/7/17 6:19 a.m.

You will be less bored with it after doing some motorsports events.

Last autocross I went to, the best driver, and the guy having the most fun, he had a ford Festiva.  It had no modifications, he just swapped out the wheels for the track tires, and drove it.  For autocross or track day events you don't need a fancy car, just go and have fun.

BlueInGreen44
BlueInGreen44 SuperDork
2/25/18 1:39 p.m.

Yesterday a guy handed me cash and the Civic left on a trailer. 

After it sat all winter I started it up, drove around the block; and realized I had no real desire to drive it anymore. With my job situation changing I don’t think I’ll have the time for much track or autocross stuff either so there wasn’t any real reason to keep it.

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wGmJgRgGcwSNWXjXjatYR4siE8MIMGlU3ECeVnu5cyvibSWKPoBLndrVy63oFI6d